• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly Help

DeletedUser

Currently, one can buff for 8 hours the Main hall, the Builder and the level 3 and up Culture buildings.

I propose a system like Forge of Empire's - let us buff one of our choice of Residences, Workshops (not Goods producers) and all of the Culture types - even the 1X1 pillars.

The problem currently is that if the Builder is buffed and the player is fairly new with no level 3 Culture building, AND if she is upgrading her Main Hall, then we have no other options for Helping.

;)

DeletedUser61

Close :cool: You can revisit a city after only 23 hours, btw, so you can do your rotations at the same time every day.
  • Builder buffs accumulate, and the buff is retained until it's used up by actually building something.
  • Cultural Buffs last for 8 hours, and oh please NO let's not buff decorations, houses, nor workshops.
  • Main Halls can be buffed any number of times, UNLESS they are currently under construction.
So yeah, if somebody wandered off while their main hall is under construction, AND everything else has already been buffed, then you can't add a buff. But adding things to buff just DELAYS the problem rather than solving it. Your cure is worse than the disease. :oops:

DeletedUser

But adding things to buff just DELAYS the problem rather than solving it. Your cure is worse than the disease. :oops:

The problem is not having anything to buff. How is the FoE system (buffs as I indicated) making the problem worse?

DeletedUser

Even on active players, this can be a problem. If we want to buff Culture, why shouldn't we buff Pillars? That exacerbates nothing (as evidenced by FoE's successful implementation of exactly that feature).

DeletedUser

In FoE there's all sorts of screaming about buffs being "wasted" on decorations.
See https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...what-to-polish-motivate&highlight=decorations and a hundred other similar threads.

There is no waste in this case. All Culture items are valuable. In FoE there might be issue as to buffing Stone Age placements, but that isn't an issue here.

Further, for someone who claims a career in Supply Chain Management, this should not even take a brain cell to comprehend. This is a supply/demand issue with a very obvious choke-point. Whereas players demand to buff, the supply of targets is severely limited. You alleviate such a choke-point by increasing supply. I really fail to see how increasing supply in this instance is worse than the current choke issue; it solves it. So the cure isn't worse than the disease.

Unless you meant something else, then you would need to offer detail.

DeletedUser61

The Main Hall is ALWAYS available to be buffed, with the SINGLE exception of a few hours, once per chapter, while it's being upgraded. If your Main Hall is capped, your visitor will STILL get their benefit, but you won't get (any more) coins.

We have INFINITE demand. There is no choke point.

If Decorations could be buffed, then the major Cultural buildings would suffer. The "waste" in FoE is that folks (or the Aid button) will buff the trivial, low value decorations, while the major, high value objects are ignored. In my FoE cities the ONLY time I use decorations is when I know that somebody is shopping for early age blueprints.

My personal preference is:
  1. Builder, because the builder buffs accumulate until I use them
  2. Culture, because I get enough visitors to buff a dozen or so buildings every 8 hours
  3. Main Hall, because I can use the excess coins to to buy unboosted goods from the Trader, and fill in the holes in my inventory that I can't fill with cheaper trades.
  4. Main Hall buffs have the further advantage of never expiring (until you spend the coins). I check my city every few hours, so I like the Cultural buffs, BUT if you're not able to check your city frequently then you may completely miss out on the benefit that would have been provided by an expired Cultural buff, whereas the coins would still be available.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So we have INFINITE demand. If Decorations could be buffed, then the major Cultural buildings would suffer.

Ah, I see what you're saying. At the low levels it's an issue; however, the higher one advances it isn't (because of numerous major placements) and this could create a problem. Gotcha.