• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly Help

• Thread starter DeletedUser1621
  • Start date

DeletedUser1621

Just a thought, and it may have been suggested before, but I didn't see it in the thread list.

Add another option to the help choices of Culture, Builders Hut, and donating coins to the Main Hall, it would be nice when visiting neighbors/fellowship members if we could click the trader and donate some form/amount of goods instead.

DeletedUser

Add another option to the help choices of Culture, Builders Hut, and donating coins to the Main Hall, it would be nice when visiting neighbors/fellowship members if we could click the trader and donate some form/amount of goods instead.

I understand the idea, but... I see this being another temptation for players who already have multiple accounts to create even more as feeder accounts to push their primary accounts. Mulriboxing is a huge issue in gaming these days. It was out of control on Greppo and TW2, and in many other games I played and some I still play by other games companies, browser-based and portal. Guilds of 50+, with 1/4 of the membership high coin players, with a great deal of the remaining slots filled with their alts, created only to produce resources or support troops to push the paid account. You know it as well as I do this game is no different. Perhaps that is part of the reason why the Fellowship sizes are so small? And there are no "linked" brother/sister guilds (though push guilds are here too, I am sure). Inno and other big game companies know it as well, but do not enforce the "no multiboxing" rules if the multiboxers are spending large amounts of cash to stay in top ranks. Plus it makes a games company look better and gets their games higher ranks to have tons of accounts (even dead/inactive ones), as ratings for online games are often based on the number if registered accounts, not the number of active, non-multiboxed ones. Feeder accounts have been around since the first multiplayer online games came online.

I get why you would like to see this, but I see it as a negative, that would make the game even m more frustrating and less attractive to solo players, free-only players... who don't care to have multiple accounts for any reason.

Just my thoughts on it...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1621

Fair point. I hadn't considered that angle when making the suggestion, but yes, I have seen similar behaviors in other games. Naively, I didn't consider the game worth cheating over, when there are so many possible ways to advance yourself, either via wallet (Diamonds) or cooperative (Fellowship) play, and - if I am to believe several of the top ranked cities I've visited, they all end up looking like cornfields in Nebraska with row upon row of Residences, workshops, and such anyway - that this was less competitive in that fashion than the more aggressive PvP type of MMO.

Consider this suggestion retracted. :cool:

DeletedUser

Eh, all games are competitive these days. Put a rankings list in a game, and *BOOM* competition! All depends on why each person plays. Here, I don't really care about where I fall on a rankings list tbh. But in PvP "Kill Everything And Everyone Around Me" games, yeah, I get competitive. But I play those games for different reasons. I have one account, 2 world. And am happy with that in this game. But that's me, and I play what I play and how I play for my own reasons. No need to retract based on one opinion, There are a multitude of other opinions out there. They just have not been voiced in this thread yet. :)

DeletedUser1778

It can still be done by giving fellow players a good trade. Either an equal trade or a better trade so they can get what they need. In the fellowships I am in they post to eaverybody what they need and then the fellowship post trades for that item.