• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighbours

DeletedUser

It looks like it is going to be hard to get the bonus benefits of mutual neighbourly help. Most of the players I have discovered so far don't appear to be playing :(

DeletedUser

Same here. I think I've had 3 people in the last 24 hrs help me.

Hopefully as players progress further, the active ones will gradually scout you out.

Deleted User - 90

The devs have said they are considering implementing neighborhood merges - or some rudimentary way of dealing with inactives. At least, I recall as much from the Closed Beta forums.

DeletedUser

Well i discoverd about 25-30 people for now. NOT ONE is playing. This makes me really sad :( I hope they will be fast with changing that system.

DeletedUser18

You can check your notifications to see the reports of neighborly assistance and then find the corresponding city on the world map. If they are helping you, they are going to be fairly close to you.

DeletedUser

Still waiting for my first neighborly help after 2 weeks of playing ...

DeletedUser

I have 2-4 neighbors who help me on a daily basis, which I suppose isn't the worst case scenario. Probably not how this game was intended to work though.

DeletedUser14

Bong, why not write them a formal note of request for Neighborly help? Put some role play in your message.

DeletedUser208

Hi all, yet again we are seeing remarks regarding inactive cities, this is a problem the devs need to address asap.
Moloch & ElrondMcBong have commented upon how the devs need to sort this out and I am sure many other players are concerned about it too.
I did suggest couple of weeks ago that if the game had some roaming NPC bandits that attacked inactive cities that removed these cities from the map it would bring neighborhoods of active players nearer, ending this problem that many face.
Allow the game to automatically remove inactive cities after two weeks by such means, ( if a player hasnt logged in to play within two weeks that should tell us all that the player has given up playing, some would say that maybe that player is on holiday and unable to play ? does that mean such a player cannot visit an internet cafe or login on another pc to show signs that he/she is still active ?

If ppl wish to play this game then they should play it, if not why keep inactive cities shown ?

Deleted User - 90

I simply said the devs already announced on Beta that they were working on a solution to fix neighborhood inactivity. My current neighborhood is decent, and I haven't complained about it once :p

DeletedUser208

I know you said that the devs ( on beta) are working on a way to fix the problem, thats why I mentioned you Moloch :)

Crowella

I am a new player out on the "edges" of the world, which is a mixed bag because on the one hand the people have joined more recently so at least haven't been long-term inactive. On the other hand, there are fewer players in some directions so it's even more expensive to scout and fight my way to other players (since in some directions there are simply no more players to discover).

If the developers don't want to delete inactive players outright, maybe their cities could be migrated out toward the edges of the world. Then active players would gradually migrate inward. It would have to be set up so that 1) people who have discovered each other remain discovered and 2) new players don't spawn in completely inactive areas. So maybe a designated "new player spawn ring" outside of which is the "ring of inactivity." The inner portion of the hexagon could continue to be the "ring of active (and privileged) longtime players".

It might be a bit complex to code, but I think it would represent a reasonable solution to the problem.

DeletedUser61

Take a peek at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/climbing-the-penrose-stairs.116/#post-975. You'll find that a LOT of people agree with you, and we've proposed a fairly comprehensive, and strategically interesting approach for optimizing the neighborhoods on the world map. Shuffling the low activity players out toward the fringes of the map is indeed very important. If you have access to the Beta forum, the idea has been further developed over there.

DeletedUser3

Take a peek at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/climbing-the-penrose-stairs.116/#post-975. You'll find that a LOT of people agree with you, and we've proposed a fairly comprehensive, and strategically interesting approach for optimizing the neighborhoods on the world map. Shuffling the low activity players out toward the fringes of the map is indeed very important. If you have access to the Beta forum, the idea has been further developed over there.
This idea has been sent to developers to look into. I agree with very good idea.