• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighbours

DeletedUser

I've just read through the posts from other players about losing neighbours. Most are saying that they are slowly (or quickly) getting replacements. These posts are a bit old now. I have lost many, many neighbours without one single replacement. I am now down to 9 neighbours, several of which I expect to disappear any time. I have very few neighbours who appear active.
If this continues, I may end up with 1 or 2 neighbours only.
I've noticed some of my unexplored neighbours are also disappearing so I won't even be able to make many new contacts.
Is there going to be any improvement on this? Has starting a new world on the US server made this problem worse?

DeletedUser511

There is no quickly about it. Most my map is empty and isnt filling up.

DeletedUser

I have seen my neighbors disappear for weeks now and they are not being replaced. I am now down 28 neighbors which means I am losing 302,400 coins every single day!

I can scroll to other sections of the world map and most of it is does not have the gaping holes that I have in my discovered territory. How is this fair??
Why should I continue to play a game when neighbors that I have had to work to discover by using my resources are taken away from me?
I am definitely not buying any more diamonds until this game becomes fair to everyone again.

EDITED - You may not discuss any messages to support in any manner on forum threads. Please see forum rule #13

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser511

You shouldnt buy anymore till they fix these bugs as well. Fixing one thing breaks a dozen of other things. There is somethings that should have been taken care of before the last update. Which is why they first put it in beta. Whats the point of putting it in beta only to keep the bugs in it? Thats nuts!

DeletedUser51

We do understand the player frustration with inactive neighbors being removed, and we have taken steps to adjust for it.

Unfortunately these corrections will not be an immediate fix but should become apparent as we move forward in the game.

DeletedUser511

Well is it random when new players come or do you guys throw them in starting from a corner or something?

DeletedUser51

Well is it random when new players come or do you guys throw them in starting from a corner or something?
When new players join the server, they should be added in the order in which they removed. This has been slightly more difficult for the US server as we now have two worlds to replace players on, but yet the second world was necessary as we had reached capacity on the first. Since we were the first to have a second world go live, we are also the first to experience replacing players on two worlds simultaneously and we are making adjustments accordingly.

We do know that some players are frustrated by what they perceive as lack of attention to the issue, but it is being worked on, and many long term solutions are being considered for possible implementation.

DeletedUser

Frustrated is an understatement. I do not believe this is really being worked on, nor do I think it is getting much attention.
New players are NOT being added in the order that they were removed. I lost my first neighbors two months ago. Some players have stated that they had a few replaced. I have had ZERO replaced.

DeletedUser18

As the CM has stated, this issue is being addressed and the determining factors for how players are removed has been changed. This is not an immediate fix and will take time for the implementation to take effect on the scale of which you are presumably expecting. Please realize that the game is currently in version V0.22 and has yet to even release on V1.0. Additionally, the game is in constant development and is never claimed as a finished product.

DeletedUser

Ok, not immediate. That's apparent. So how long? It's been 2 months so far. How hard can they be working on this?
This has nothing to do with a "finished product" but development should have come up with a way to replace neighbors FAIRLY before they took so many away.
No one in development thought about replacing features before taking away those features that people worked hard to achieve ? Do you feel good about a game that makes you work hard for something and then takes it away and tells you to be patient... for months... before you get back what you already worked for?

DeletedUser18

The change to which Aelfwine and myself are referring to was made within the past week. Also please note that just as many, if not more players that are dissatisfied with the current loss of neighbors were dissatisfied with having the inactive members in the first place. Striking a balance takes time and it is not an exact science. Also, as the CM said, we are in uncharted territory for this inactive replacement method with multiple worlds since we were the first server to have multiple worlds. This issue is not as prevalent on servers with only a single world for this reason.

I do not feel good about the current situation with missing neighbors, but I also understand the hurdles that have led to this point. This game is a work in progress, as a player I am happy to contribute to that. I am confident however that with the new system in place, this issue is being addressed in the most efficient way available.

DeletedUser

I am not happy to contribute to a game where the effects of changes are not thought out and the consequences and next steps are not already researched. There was no balance to strike. Those people who were unhappy about inactive neighbors are in the same place that they were except that now they are losing coins because there are no neighbors to visit. And if there are players who have had their neighbors replaced, why has this not been done evenly across the world map? I have spent money on diamonds every week. I should have known better and I have already stopped doing that.

DeletedUser511

When new players join the server, they should be added in the order in which they removed. This has been slightly more difficult for the US server as we now have two worlds to replace players on, but yet the second world was necessary as we had reached capacity on the first. Since we were the first to have a second world go live, we are also the first to experience replacing players on two worlds simultaneously and we are making adjustments accordingly.

We do know that some players are frustrated by what they perceive as lack of attention to the issue, but it is being worked on, and many long term solutions are being considered for possible implementation.

I would think filling the world that came first should be priority. Being the older one we most likely lost more players at once then the newer one.

Tarty: this last update wasnt thought out. It had more bug then it fixed. I still dont get why they would test it on the beta server then release it without fixing anything. Thats the point of releasing it on a beta to test and then fix things before bringing it to the rest. They didnt do that. The Developers need to get on the ball.

DeletedUser688

i haven't "lost" neighbors...but many of my neighbors started main hall upgrades, then left and never came back....so I'm locked out from aiding them...

DeletedUser

Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad to hear that the problem is under review and hopefully we will all get some new neighbours soon.
I understand and feel the same frustration as other players, but in the long run it is only a game.
Keep smiling :)

DeletedUser

Don't expect a solution soon. Fixing problems such as this are not the developers priority. Enticing players to buy diamonds is their top focus.

DeletedUser

i haven't "lost" neighbors...but many of my neighbors started main hall upgrades, then left and never came back....so I'm locked out from aiding them...
Give that a day or two. Depending on the level of the main hall update it could take a long time to complete. I've had the same thing happen and had to wait for a few days for the main hall update to complete

DeletedUser511

Well this isnt a way to get money. The last update broke more things then it fixed. So they need to get on the ball!

DeletedUser

Be patient, y'all. As in, months-of-waiting-patient. Given the scale of the map and the fact that new participation is being split between servers (while the game team tries to balance the removal of derelict accounts) our expectations need to be rooted in a long view of things. i.e. I myself expect things to get roughly 25-50% better every 3 months of development. And I'm okay with that, because I can be patient, especially with something that doesn't negatively impact real life or require me to spend money. Thank you, Team Elvenar, for all the behind-the-screen work that most of us have no clue about!

DeletedUser486

Don't expect a solution soon. Fixing problems such as this are not the developers priority. Enticing players to buy diamonds is their top focus.
Maintaining a big enough playerbase is always a priority for every company in the world. In a not so competitive game, like Elvenar, buying Diamonds is less of an appealing option; usage of premium accounts is always a priority, yet Elvenar serves as somewhat of an exception to the rule by being a city-builder game.

Keep in mind that being the first server to get 2 separate worlds, we will be essentially filling the Beta serve's role in some cases, regarding world management. Just be patient, Aelfwine assured us they're working on it.