• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Nerf early game quests

DeletedUser

Do "Collect 2000 coin" quest once... get 1,000 supplies
Then do the "Get 40 planks" quest by paying the trader 8000 coins and 800 supplies.... Reward: 6000 coins, 600 supplies
Summary: Collect 2000 coins, receive 1000 supplies, pay 8000 coins, pay 800 supplies, receive 40 planks, receive 6000 coins, receive 600 supplies

Equals: +8000 coins, -8000 coins, +1600 supplies, - 800 supplies, +40 planks (nonboosted good)
Net result: collect 800 supplies and 40 planks.

Once your warehouse is full of supplies, you switch to paying the trader 800 supplies twice.
Net result: collect 8000 coins, collect 40 planks.

This is stupid. I got 1000 unboosted goods in 2 hours by just collecting coins and aiding neighbors.

DeletedUser208

Doing the quests offered is optional mate, either accept them or reject them its a choice we all have to make.
Some quests give a great deal more than others, others give less than what its costs to do them, swings and roundabouts, roundabouts and swings but I can tell your having great fun ;)

...... just a thought !

DeletedUser

I totally agree with you. Those early game quests are just giving way to much . A bit later in the game im now missing resources :(

DeletedUser

Rbh6jIj.png

I am boosted in marble.

Deleted User - 90

I think its fine. 2000 of your non-boosted good isn't going to make a difference once those loop quests are gone for a day. Lessening quest rewards early on will frustrate new players beyond a mere inconvenience as an experimentation with buildings could set them a great deal. Trust me, a 2000 good surplus will be gone in less than a day of actually using it.

DeletedUser

w8mXmRb.png

25 minutes later...

And no, I don't plan to unlock advanced scouts until I have about 35,000 steel/planks
I calculated I need around that much to unlock all tech in the tree

DeletedUser

Another way to abuse the system: Make an agreement with your neighbor to post hundreds of 40 for 40 trades

Collect 6000 coins,600 supplies each time you fill a trade.

Deleted User - 90

More power to you. I regretted when I moved off that loop - but honestly I've burned through more than that on negotiations.

Deleted User - 90

Why negotiate? o_O
Militarily, it becomes unfeasible to fight every encounter.

r3Pej8m.png

That's a distance-5 encounter. While the combat isnt particularly "scary," with the amount of troops I would lose, it makes more sense to pay the negotiation fee and conserve my troops.

DeletedUser

SVJZSzm.png

This is a critical issue and needs to be fixed. It makes a complete joke out of the concept of having "boosted" production for certain goods. I bought roughly 20,000 goods I don't have a boost for in two days.
Solution
- Remove all quests that require goods collection (or take away the ability to trade to complete the quests)

DeletedUser

As the game is atm if they remove these repeatable quests it become borderline unplayable. The retention of players now is bad, if you think people will stick around when they can't advance, they wont.

Before this can be implemented (and i do agree with you as these repeatable quests arn't in the best interest of the game long term) they need to fix the hood system and/or add guilds, so we can have active people to trade/play with. With out these repeatable quests id of left long ago as progress in this game would come to a stand still fairly often.

DeletedUser

As the game is atm if they remove these repeatable quests it become borderline unplayable. The retention of players now is bad, if you think people will stick around when they can't advance, they wont.

Before this can be implemented (and i do agree with you as these repeatable quests arn't in the best interest of the game long term) they need to fix the hood system and/or add guilds, so we can have active people to trade/play with. With out these repeatable quests id of left long ago as progress in this game would come to a stand still fairly often.

Completely agree. I just think it's ridiculous that I have over 5x more of my unboosted goods than my boosted one, even though I've done almost no trading outside of the wholesaler.