• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Network Infrastructure

DeletedUser61

You may recall that a few months ago we were having quite a bit of trouble with latency and cities that weren't loading properly. Some of the symptoms were clearly related to memory management, but some of the other symptoms were weird and inconsistent.

I happened run across a very interesting article regarding some of the steps that InnoGames has recently taken to mitigate Distributed Denial of Service attacks, which could certainly have been contributing to the flakiness of the network.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...+Attacks+With+Imperva+Incapsula/10634847.html

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you Katwijk, Very good read. I'm glad INNO games is doing everything possible to protect our game.

DeletedUser61

In about the same time frame we were seeing some "free gold" spam on Forge of Empires, which is a typical vector for implanting the Trojan viruses that are needed to execute a distributed attack.

Also, while the transaction volumes wouldn't even be close, our flawed deniable quests were allowing several hundred transactions to be pumped into the system in just a few minutes, which would be a mild version of the same problem.

While there's always the possibility that such a flaw WAS being exploited by the DDoS miscreants, to tie up the servers as well as the network interface, it's more likely that they were after Forge of Empires or Tribal Wars II where, during a battle, timing is more of an issue.

DeletedUser

My grandson tried to get me to get free diamonds here, I told him I think that's illegal and unfair practice in gaming. I will buy my diamonds the normal way, can't afford much but can spend a little each month to build a beautiful city. :D

DeletedUser828

I wish they would offer a sale to those of us who buy consistently , every now and then getting a break would be nice. A 48 hour sale or discounts once in a blue moon for being a valued player :cool: