• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

NetZero outside of fellowships

So, I'm a big fan of netZero. But not all my fellowships use it. And I like my fellowships and don't want to leave.

But it occurred to me that you don't need to be in a fellowship together to do netZero. Anyone added to the email will be able to participate. I am thinking that we would need a minimum of 10 people (per world) for it to work. With probably 2 people per group assigned to email maintenance: adding and subtracting people as needed. And restarting the email when it gets too big.

So is anyone interested in this? Would you join a netZero group if it existed?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
So, I'm a big fan of netZero. But not all my fellowships use it. And I like my fellowships and don't want to leave.

But it occurred to me that you don't need to be in a fellowship together to do netZero. Anyone added to the email will be able to participate. I am thinking that we would need a minimum of 10 people (per world) for it to work. With probably 2 people per group assigned to email maintenance: adding and subtracting people as needed. And restarting the email when it gets too big.

So is anyone interested in this? Would you join a netZero group if it existed?

It's certainly an interesting idea. You could also do email exchanges which are simply recorded trades of KP/runes in an mail thread format. We use a rune shard one where I put "15 GA shards in exchange for same". The first person to respond then says, "I'll take 15 GA shards on my GA for 15 on [player name]. The one accepting then puts the 15 shards on the proper AW, and enters, "15 GA shards delivered to [player name] The initiator then puts 15 GA shards on the responders GA and notes, "15 GA shards to [player name], Transaction complete. That's the end of it. The reason you track it is to keep people from forgetting what they said and the reason the responder goes first is to insure the initiator isn't sitting around waiting after putting the shards on the one saying they will. In any case, it works and you can do any amount you want on any AW you want or, as the initiator you can list several that would be acceptable.

But, no matter what and how you do an email based exchange (or Discord?) you do have to consider how your fs will feel about it. In our fs we claim 95% of the chests for ourselves and if you start "giving away" chests via an email based program, well, you might get some push back. I'd ask first.

AJ

It's certainly an interesting idea. You could also do email exchanges which are simply recorded trades of KP/runes in an mail thread format. We use a rune shard one where I put "15 GA shards in exchange for same". The first person to respond then says, "I'll take 15 GA shards on my GA for 15 on [player name]. The one accepting then puts the 15 shards on the proper AW, and enters, "15 GA shards delivered to [player name] The initiator then puts 15 GA shards on the responders GA and notes, "15 GA shards to [player name], Transaction complete. That's the end of it. The reason you track it is to keep people from forgetting what they said and the reason the responder goes first is to insure the initiator isn't sitting around waiting after putting the shards on the one saying they will. In any case, it works and you can do any amount you want on any AW you want or, as the initiator you can list several that would be acceptable.

But, no matter what and how you do an email based exchange (or Discord?) you do have to consider how your fs will feel about it. In our fs we claim 95% of the chests for ourselves and if you start "giving away" chests via an email based program, well, you might get some push back. I'd ask first.

AJ
For the first part, I want netZero, not exchanges. Not that exchanges are bad. Just not what I am looking for.

For the second part, that is a valid point, and something that people would have to consider. Some fellowships really care about that. Maybe offer the netzero chests to their own fellowship first? And then post in the group after.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Some of my cities are "playing" alone as I am not very active there. But I still login at least daily and right now drop my kp in my own wonders - and don't have anyone to share chests with.

I am not interested in the kp exchanges that @ajqtrz describes, I find those are too much work.