• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Archmage

brimatja

I have just been made Archmage of my fellowship; the retiring Archmage is out of contact; and I don't know the first thing about it. What am I expected to do? How do I appoint a new Archmage? How do I promote people to Ambassadors and Mages? How do I accept new members? What else do I need to know?

brimatja

DeletedUser20539

@brimatja If you hold your arrow over the first icon on the bottom right side of you city page, you see "Forum & Wiki." Click that.
Then click "Wiki".
Scroll down until you find Game Features.
Under that look for Fellowships. Click on that.
Finally, click on "Titles and Rights". There's a vast amount of information there that should help you.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
First, as a new AM, don't panic. Thing usually move slow enough you can learn the job slowly. Here are a few "tips" I've learned.

1) The key is communication. I put out a weekly "Weekend Report" of two-three paragraphs where I say what has happened (the chests we got (always 10+, the Spire level, and the average number of visits). I then say any "milestones" people have reached in score, the level of the spire they have achieved, etc. Finally, I remind them of what's going on in the next few days or weeks and what our goals are. "FA: we are taking a single path through the three stages and so it will be a light one" for instance.

Now if you think that's a lot, here's key 2.

2) Keep a pad and paper next to your keyboard and write down things you notice. I count the visits each morning when I do my visits and at the end of the week, I average them. I report that. I noted the scores that are approaching a milestone...like the player who has 99,500. I then watch to see if they cross the 100k mark. I also like to take short notes on messages I've sent out. You would be surprised how often you send the same message to a player because you forgot you already sent it! (Or maybe it's just I'm a senior citizen?).

3) Stay calm and be positive. If a player does something out of line, give the benefit of the doubt and ask first. Usually they are just uninformed or a mistake was made.

4) Encourage steady and slow growth over pushing goals you can reach with a maximum effort but only once before everybody tires out. Slow and steady with sustainability in mind.

5) Don't be afraid to kick people. I hated this part and for the first year and a half didn't...but then we had about 6 inactive players and weren't going anywhere. So I bit the bullet and let them go. One complained a month later when he returned but I never heard from the others.

6) All of which means YOU get to decide things. Not everything you decide will be accepted by all. I have lost about 4 players who didn't want what I, and most of the rest, wanted. That's okay, it's just a bad fit and there's nothing you can do about it but send them off on a good note.

Well, off the top of my head, those are my "tips. In summary they say: "Be positive, be organized, and be in charge."

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@brimatja If you are not already familiar with the website Elvenstats.com I would check it out ASAP. Simply enter your player name and then click on "my fellowship." It will pull up a wealth of information: it will tell you who is in the fellowship, what chapter everyone is is, what their boosts are, and stats on everyone's cities. It will also have a black mark beside the name of player's whose score has not changed recently. This helps you keep track of who is active and inactive. And it will also have the fellowship's tournament stats, going back quite some time on a weekly basis. It is a truly great website and it is an amazing resource if you are running a fellowship. I would not try to Archmage without it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@brimatja
Deep breath an remember, Don't Panic.
Grats on your promotion, you must be the player with the most seniority in your Fellowship. Sleep on it, do a bit of reading, I bet you will be good at this.

If you are a Facebook user, apply to ElvenGems' Archmages Assembly; you will find lots of support there.

Aritra

One positive thing you have in your favor is that you came here. You want to do well and so you want to learn. You're not afraid to ask questions and be open to guidance. Overcoming ego and admitting when there is something you don't know is a great trait! Good luck. With the support you have opened yourself to receive, you'll do just fine. :cool:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
What everyone else said! Good luck on the fellowship; I'm sure you'll do well.

DeletedUser29200

@brimatja i pulled up your elvenstats and made a link for you https://www.elvenstats.com/fellowship/us6/22011

I would kick your 3 inactive players, right away. Then head over to the fellowship > Sinya Arda section of these forums and post an SOS for planks your fellowship has no players boosted with it.

Your heavy on marble, crystal, and gems try not to take anymore players with those boosts it won’t benefit you or them. Trust me I know I’m a plank boosted in a FS very heavy on it with a scroll boost to boot.

The other goods you need to prioritize after planks is scrolls, silk, dust and elixir.