• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Chapter characteristics

To put it simply, the Elvenar chapter is so slow, I'm bored.

The guts of the story is interesting, I have no problems with it.
Requiring lots of resources to slow me down so you have time to create a new chapter - I get it, no problem.
But the time between when I can build a new building or upgrade a building is so long, that if I wasn't the Archmage of my fellowship, I probably would have stopped playing. I am eagerly awaiting the new tournament system, at the time of writing this, because at my city size, tournaments are more of a chore than a pleasure.

In making new chapters, I suggest that you give people a little more up front. For example, being able to build or upgrade a building every day or two, even if only one at a time, would give me a reason to look forward to logging in. I usually upgrade 5 residences at once. Maybe the requirements for upgrade of a building require a limited resource, like Sculptures or Smoothed obsidian. So the research to allow the building to be upgraded happens earlier, but the entire process of upgrading all of my residences (or workshops/barraks/armories/whatever) takes a long time.

I understand that different people interact with the game in different ways, but I have been entertained by every chapter up until now, and it feels like I am walking through a tar pit.

Just my two cents. I have been very pleased with the game over the last 3 years and when I have spent money, I feel that I have received value for it. Keep up the good work.

NightshadeCS

If you think that chapter is long, wait until you get to Embassies. Some people seemed to be able to get through it quickly, but I am moving at a snail's pace.

I am highly concerned that Inno tried too hard to slow us all down so that we don't reach the end of all chapters before they are ready to release a new one. Perhaps having more events is their solution?

I have not had enough coffee today to come up with any good ideas to keep us entertained in these later chapters, but like you, it is the responsibility to my team that keeps me going back day after day.

I am trying to wrap my head around your suggestion. I think a lot of people put off some upgrades until the end of a chapter for space and rearrangement. If the buildings aren't changing size or shape, I could see them perhaps doing something like this. I'm hoping some others weigh in, as I am not sure if this would help or hurt individual perceptions of the speed of a chapter.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Have more paths through the chapter so that instead of a single path through you can create your own route. One path gives you options and rewards the other doesn't. You can, like in the FA, go trough on one path, or you can go through on all paths. It's up to you how much time you take. As you wind through the research you might see that, because of your city's ability to produce this or that, one waypoint (why not use the same name) will be faster than another, while another gives you something you need but takes a lot longer. Let people set their own pace but reward them accordingly.

At least that seems like a workable solution even if it's a lot more work for Inno. Probably a LOT more work.

AJ