• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New, choosing world to build in

DeletedUser28963

Your neighborhood can and will change over time. It is the all important FS you need now. In a good FS your trades wont sit long.
So, I should look at fellowships needing all three of my boosted goods instead of which one has landed me in an active neighborhood. I choose my world based on the fellowships available to me then. Some of those threads in the FS group on the forum are kind of old

Iyapo1

So, I should look at fellowships needing all three of my boosted goods instead of which one has landed me in an active neighborhood. I choose my world based on the fellowships available to me then. Some of those threads in the FS group on the forum are kind of old
In my opinion, put up your own post in the member seeking FS tab....or use your thread here and drop world info. Once you get an invite go look the FS up on elvenstats.com. Go for a ten chest with a good mix of different sized cities and few black triangle 9n the members list.

Gladiola

I agree that putting up a post in the members seeking fellowships area of a world is a useful idea. Also browse the fellowship lists and don't be afraid to ask larger fellowships if you can join. They may look full (25 members), but a lot are carrying inactives.

One thing I've done is look at the fellowships my neighbors are in and then looked them up on elvenstats to see the size and activity level of their players. I find looking at tournament performance as well as the black triangles on the member list to be useful gauges of activity. It doesn't have to be a 10-chest fellowship, but if tournament performance has dropped off drastically or is very low compared to the number and size of members, people probably aren't very active. (Not everyone is super active in tournaments, but I think a whole fellowship that ignores the tournament is going to be less useful for a new player because tournaments are very helpful in growth.)

Also check out the cities of some of the players in the fellowship. If a lot of the mid-level or smaller players have different kinds of factories built within the same tier or have multiple traveling merchants, that might be a sign that there is not much active trading happening. Very advanced players will have more than one factory type within a tier (such as marble and steel) because they will need to produce sentient goods, but if a player before elementals has non-boosted manufactories above level 3 (low-level factories might be built for events or FAs) that raises questions for me about why the person isn't able to get adequate trade goods in their fellowship. (As well as about the game advice they might be hearing in fellowship chat.)

If I see my neighbor is in a fellowship that looks active, I send a mail asking them whether they have any space.

I have gotten into good fellowships using all these methods.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Wait a minute @MagicPagan you hijacked my thread at least you got help. I eliminated 2 of the 8 worlds put trades up in the morning no takers in those world. I might have to eliminate a third the traders I see are offering the same goods and my nearest neighbors don’t appear active.
Sorry. My interaction with MagicPagan played a part in hijacking your thread. In response to what you are posting, it sounds like you are in a bad neighborhood in those worlds. But all is not lost. If you can find a good fellowship, you should not have any problem getting trades. A good FS responds to member trades first. In addition, a good fellowship should be willing to mentor new players to the game by offering advice and answering questions. If you are having trouble with trades, I would advise looking for a new FS.

Iyapo1

@Kaylessa Wintermoon

Keep in mind it is not a permanent relationship. If you join a FS and dont like it leave and join another. You dont have a playstyle or any preferences yet....as you play along and determine what you want you may find your first FS does not suit you at all.

DeletedUser28963

That still leaves the problem of which world to continue in, I built in all of them now to eliminate seven them. Below are the worlds and what’s boosted in them. I haven’t scouted for chapter 2 on the vast majority of them so can’t do FS on my computer yet.

Arendyll: marble, crystal, gems
Winyandor, Ceravyn, and Harandar: planks, silk, dust
Felyndral: steel, scrolls, elixir
Khelonaar: planks, scrolls, dust
Elcysandir: planks, silk, gems
Sinya Arda: marble, silk, gems

Gladiola

Personally I would avoid the cities with scrolls and dust boosts since those tend to have too much supply, especially scrolls. Other than that, I make decisions based on how much I enjoy the noise of the productions as I collect them. I love the whoosh of silk and tinkle of crystal and the gurgle of elixir and the thunk thunk of marble. (I don't have a marble-crystal-gems city, but I'd love producing that combination of luxury goods. It would make me feel all fancy and the sounds are great.) You could also consider the aesthetics of the various factories. I love crystal factories as they upgrade!

You might take a look at the wiki or elvengems and see what the factory sizes are and how much they can be upgraded with each tech that is unlocked. For example, I kind of like that I can upgrade my crystal factories to a higher level earlier on than I could silk factories (as an elf). Elf elixir factories are big population hogs at level 1 (211 population for the same size and production as the others, which have 173 and 192 population), which makes it a little more challenging when you first unlock the tech. Those differences are minor and advantages in size and population can switch around or even out as techs are unlocked.

With a reasonably good fellowship you can be successful with any boost combination.

Aritra

One thing I've done is look at the fellowships my neighbors are in and then looked them up on elvenstats to see the size and activity level of their players. I find looking at tournament performance as well as the black triangles on the member list to be useful gauges of activity. It doesn't have to be a 10-chest fellowship, but if tournament performance has dropped off drastically or is very low compared to the number and size of members, people probably aren't very active. (Not everyone is super active in tournaments, but I think a whole fellowship that ignores the tournament is going to be less useful for a new player because tournaments are very helpful in growth.)
If I see my neighbor is in a fellowship that looks active, I send a mail asking them whether they have any space.
This is a good suggestion, but I would add a caution:
Part of the benefit of a fellowship is widening the number of cities for trade and neighborly help. If you have much overlap, you reduce this pool. That's not a bad thing, just fewer cities to interact with compared to a group who are not neighbors. (If you discover a FS you're interested in contains any neighbors or later becomes a neighbor, this is not a reason to leave; I just hesitate to use this method of locating your FS because you're guaranteed that overlap.) If you find a neighbor's fellowship to be particularly attractive or are invited, this isn't a reason to turn it down. This is just another factor to consider (and, remember, you can always leave for another if you find it isn't as good a fit as hoped).

Dew Spinner

That still leaves the problem of which world to continue in, I built in all of them now to eliminate seven them. Below are the worlds and what’s boosted in them. I haven’t scouted for chapter 2 on the vast majority of them so can’t do FS on my computer yet.

Arendyll: marble, crystal, gems
Winyandor, Ceravyn, and Harandar: planks, silk, dust
Felyndral: steel, scrolls, elixir
Khelonaar: planks, scrolls, dust
Elcysandir: planks, silk, gems
Sinya Arda: marble, silk, gems
I would suggest ditching your scrolls boosted cities as there is a glut of scrolls due to the Moonstone Library sets and scrolls players seem to have a difficult time because of it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Somewhat, because the Moonstone Library sets produce that good also and a lot of players have many complete sets of these, I rarely, if ever trade for Magic Dust and I only have 4 complete sets. a lot of players have many more than I do.
The problem with Magic Dust is not nearly as bad because the Gum Trees and Mana Plants only produce it at low levels. At high levels they switch to stuff like mana, seeds, or Tree Gum. Therefore, high level players are not getting extra dust from the library set. But the Moonstone Library itself and Endless Scroll continue to produce scrolls, no matter what level they are.

DeletedUser28963

I choose the world Winyandor, it was one of the only one that had a FS looking for all the boosted goods. I invested all the gems into the MA and I can get it to lvl 5 soon if I finish off the tutorial quests in one world. I hope I made the right choice.

Dew Spinner

The problem with Magic Dust is not nearly as bad because the Gum Trees and Mana Plants only produce it at low levels. At high levels they switch to stuff like mana, seeds, or Tree Gum. Therefore, high level players are not getting extra dust from the library set. But the Moonstone Library itself and Endless Scroll continue to produce scrolls, no matter what level they are.
That's why I said "somewhat".