• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Event Mini Game

The Unbeliever

I honestly feel that it's about time we got a new, and more interactive 'mini game' with the big events...

The current format of; do quests for event currency -> pick chest -> win random prize -> repeat until wrist breaks from mass clicking.
Is becoming beyond mind numbingly boring. :(
There's no challenge or thinking involved, you literally just save up currency for a daily you like/want, then use a chart from one of the many fan sites that's mathed out all the best options/probabilities to max out your desired result. (ie: most efficient chests for gaining Grand Prize currency like feathers/pearls/etc...)

FoE this year introduced a brand new type of event mini during the Archaeology event: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Archaeology_Event (wiki page)
(tutorial video)

This new mini game of exploring/clearing out the mysterious tomb using the three different types of tools was easily the single most popular type of event IN YEARS!!
Heck, it proved so popular, that a large number of players who have never spent a single diamond on events went out and bought/spent some of their saved up diamonds, just to keep playing the mini game!:eek::D:D
Overall, the players were genuinely sad to see this event end, as the mini game had proved so popular & enthralling, as it required a good deal of strategy & tactics to maximise the use of your various tools.

Actually, the response to the tomb exploration mini game is so popular, we're getting it back in a new skin for our upcoming Halloween event
(ie: instead of 'brushes/shovels/dynamite' for tools, we're getting 'brooms/wands/cauldrons', and clear spider webs to uncover various jack-o-lanters vs. clearing sand to find vases, etc...)

Please devs, IMPORT THIS TYPE OF EVENT HERE!!
It's a helluva lot more engaging & fun vs. just strait-up gambling on random chests, and it rewards intelligent play vs. just crossing one's fingers and hoping to not get RNG-screwed as the current chest format does.

DeletedUser

Please devs, IMPORT THIS TYPE OF EVENT HERE!!

PLEASE DON'T.

I hated the style of the Archaeology Event, and I'm ignoring the Halloween Event largely because it's a carbon copy.

Seriously...I don't understand the desire to make Elvenar more like Forge of Empires. The Spire is reason enough to want to keep the two separate. o_O

The Unbeliever

PLEASE DON'T.

I hated the style of the Archaeology Event, and I'm ignoring the Halloween Event largely because it's a carbon copy.

Seriously...I don't understand the desire to make Elvenar more like Forge of Empires. The Spire is reason enough to want to keep the two separate. o_O
Just because the Elvenar devs did the world's crappiest job of porting over one of FoE's best features doesn't mean we *must* always make both games as separate as possible...
Forge has managed to port over some major 'Elvenar features' as is doing it just fine. (ie: Antiques Dealer = Crafting, Cultural Settlements = Guest Races, etc...)

And I'm sorry, but you're in the minority who thought that the Archy event was crap. (the daily prizes from that event however were pretty pants mind you, but the game-play itself was awesome!)
But apparently, God forbid we get an event that actually rewards intelligence & strategy vs. the same old boring, 'clicking for dummies' we're currently stuck with.:rolleyes:

rvtdragon1

Kings of the Greek Aternum Wars (2) of the Western Elven Empire.

(There you go. One big game. No choices. No differences. No players.)