• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Expansions?

Socrates28

In short, while this stuff could certainly happen, it also flies in the face of how expansions are currently being delivered to us and my thinking is in-line with those models. I think speeding up expansion delivery would require adding expansions to previous chapters as well (notably chapters 10-14) and not just suddenly increasing the amount obtained starting in chapter 15.
I do not think that is either advisable for feasible. It is not because it would necessitate going back and rebuilding the portals and other buildings for each of those chapters. In effect we would force us to replay each chapter and I would not like that at all!
Also given the fact that those who have actually played through those chapters did so with the current size constraints it means that those coming after us can do so as well.
2 cents put in!

pegesusunicorn

Have you already gotten all the expansions available through scouting? If so, how many provinces have you completed past the 477 (487?) needed for the final expansion? If you have done enough extra, once they do add new expansions, you may have some pop up as available immediately. :)
not yet, my slowness comes from the lack of enough resources at times,,,,I still get expansions from research, but as I grow they seem to be further apart.....but I'm sure I will get them eventually,, I'm just impatient sometimes.

Deleted User - 3932582

As one who has spent diamonds (money) for some, not all of the expansions, I would still be pleased if the ones going forward were cheaper.
But how would you feel about other people acquiring the same number of premium expansions you've got today at just fraction of the price that you've paid for them? If you're cool with that, you might not be in the majority...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
But how would you feel about other people acquiring the same number of premium expansions you've got today at just fraction of the price that you've paid for them? If you're cool with that, you might not be in the majority...

I don't know. Are newer players mad that older players got to buy cheaper premium expansions before the current pricing system was put in place? If they even know about it?

And to the reply to me earlier, I did not know there were only 33 premium expansions right now. I still have 27 I can buy, which means I have only bought 6 so far, when I could have sworn I had bought more. So I thought there was a higher number than there was and Inno adding a bunch in one batch sometime in the future did not seem unusual to me. So double my thoughts on the numbers of chapters the extra rows and columns could support from four to eight, with six or seven new expansions per chapter: two premium, one or two from research, and three or four from scouting. And they still could go back and add an extra one from research to chapters 12, 13, and 14, since they only had one each. After all, everyone in those chapters, or the future chapter 15 has easy access to sentient goods, mana, and seed to complete the retro researches, as long as that is all they would require.

Socrates28

Not being in the majority is nothing new to me. However, I cannot change the past. I can only look forward to the future and what a reduction in diamond costs for an expansion would mean to me now. I would welcome it whether everyone else did not.

Socrates28

After all, everyone in those chapters, or the future chapter 15 has easy access to sentient goods, mana, and seed to complete the retro researches, as long as that is all they would require.
The difficulty I see is that sentient goods, mana, and seeds would not be all that they require to aquire. Inno would have to make two sets of paths, one for those who have already passed them and one for those who have not. For as simple as it sounds I do not beleive it would be easy to implement from the technical side.
Any who have already passed a chapter would have to be grandfathered in in some way, or given a window of opportunity to collect them in some special way. After that window had closed then one would have to go back and rebuild the portals et al to get them. This would give those who had passed a chapter the opportunity to acquire the extra expansions if they wanted them.
Just had another thought, perhaps the new grid expansions would not even be visiable at all until one passed into chapter 15! Sort of like Elvenar 2.0 and might even require a new download to access! That would take care of a good number of new guest races or chapters.
Just thinking out loud! :confused:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The difficulty I see is that sentient goods, mana, and seeds would not be all that they require to aquire. Inno would have to make two sets of paths, one for those who have already passed them and one for those who have not. For as simple as it sounds I do not beleive it would be easy to implement from the technical side.
Any who have already passed a chapter would have to be grandfathered in in some way, or given a window of opportunity to collect them in some special way. After that window had closed then one would have to go back and rebuild the portals et al to get them. This would give those who had passed a chapter the opportunity to acquire the extra expansions if they wanted them.
Just had another thought, perhaps the new grid expansions would not even be visiable at all until one passed into chapter 15! Sort of like Elvenar 2.0 and might even require a new download to access! That would take care of a good number of new guest races or chapters.
Just thinking out loud! :confused:

They have already added researches to the game in chapters that players already passed, who then had to go back and do them. I would have to go back and look up which one it was, but either the Training Grounds or Mercenary Camp, and one of the troop types, were added to the research tree at a point/chapter I was already done with, so I had to go back and research them. But adding them did not change anything I had already done in the game.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
They have already added researches to the game in chapters that players already passed, who then had to go back and do them. I would have to go back and look up which one it was, but either the Training Grounds or Mercenary Camp, and one of the troop types, were added to the research tree at a point/chapter I was already done with, so I had to go back and research them. But adding them did not change anything I had already done in the game.
I remember this! I think it was the Banshee in the Training Grounds. I came in after they added it, but while the red exclamation mark was still hanging around over the tech tree icon that wouldn't go away until I finally got there and activated that research. Seemed like it was there forever!

Socrates28

But adding them did not change anything I had already done in the game.
I never suggested that anything would change if we had already completed a chapter. I was addressing to possibility of having to go back several chapters and recreate the portal, production buildings, and the resources necessary for each completed chapter just to finish one new research in the research tree so I could get an expansion.
The example which @samidodamage mentioned was before my time and is an example of what I am talking about. I also am not aware of how players who had passed that chapter were treated by Inno in the resulting uproar, which I would join if it happened the way you suggest with expansions. Imagine having to do that, not once, but three to five times depending on where the added researches were placed and how many Inno added.
Since I am now in Constructs I know that any added space in previous chapters would have been nice, but not necessary to successfully get through those chapters. I have done it as well and many others.
Let me just say that I would not be a fan of having the added expansions being made available in the way we are discussing.

qaccy

@Socrates28 You're assuming two things which don't necessarily have to be true. One is that any new researches that might be added would be mandatory, and the other is that they'd require guest race resources. I feel that, were Inno to go the route of adding expansions in to chapters that have already been completed by a portion of the playerbase, both of these things are pretty unlikely. These new expansions would likely be optional, and would likely only require resources that can be obtained without the use of guest race buildings. Or at the very least, one or the other. If the researches are required (they unlock other researches beyond them), then they won't be too difficult to unlock. If they're optional, then guest race goods could be part of the cost.

Of course, this is all hypothetical and it's most likely of all that none of what's being discussed here is going to happen.

kctanzen

In regards to the feeling 'abused' by having paid a higher cost than later players for premium expansions if the price is reduced, as long as I too got the lower cost expansions for future purchases, it wouldn't matter at all to me.

I'm at the point where i don't consider expansions a good value for my fixed entertainment budget -- even with a 100% diamond sale, using my preferred selection of $49.99, and then finding a sale on expansions, I'm paying roughly $17 for the next expansion.
Lower cost expansions may change my thinking and encourage me to buy another set or 2 of diamonds.

I have had the advantage of putting to use all that extra space along the way.
That is why it doesn't bother me that late adopters may have less expensive options.

For anyone following this thread, unless there is a glitch in my game (which has happened before), the new expansions are available. I have grid below my city and to the left that wasn't there before.

GlamDoll

I don't know. Are newer players mad that older players got to buy cheaper premium expansions before the current pricing system was put in place? If they even know about it?

IDK if mad is the right word for me, but, I do feel like I missed the 'boat' on it. I wouldn't have minded buying more premium expansions than what I already have, if I had been around when it was a 'sweet-deal'.

Even prior to the Autumn Event, I could NOT justify the $ per expansion, and well, since then, it's even moreso.

It may not be considered an irony or paradox to anyone else, BUT, to me, it is.

I almost feel like I should be thanking Inno at this point, in regards to my entertainment budget! They have certainly helped me with allocating those funds to more worthy endeavors....

That I know will not turn-on-a-dime & at moment's notice, or lack there of, depending upon one's point-of-view.

As per usual, YMMV, as far as everyone else.

Edit:

For anyone following this thread, unless there is a glitch in my game (which has happened before), the new expansions are available. I have grid below my city and to the left that wasn't there before.

Thank you. I did not know that, til I read your post. :)

Last edited: