• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New MA building - Frag warehouse

Idea is for a new building in the MA that is large enough and costed to give a meaningful net spell fragments when disenchanted.

Example: Large Warehouse, costs maybe 6-12 cc's and 200 frags, but is 40 tiles. Could have nominal (bad) stats; low culture, pop, maybe crappy coin collection every 48h, no early pickup. Disenchants for 2400 frags though, so players who need can build.

Could have multiple sizes, medium, large, extra large.

Could even have a gigawarehouse that costs diamonds (or blueprints). I *think* Inno likes it when we use diamonds.

Pros: gives every some additional access to spell frags, which can be easily metered by Inno (if they set frequency of buildings in MA rotation). Might also preclude the need / demand for evolving building or AW which gives frags, or similar.

Cons: would take up a slot rotation in MA, which is already pretty full. Could unfairly benefit certain types of cities or those at certain stages of the game (maybe the different warehouse sizes helps mitigate this a little?). Spending a lot of cc's to turn ibto frags likely won't be appealing to many, so some other cost could need to be identified (i.e. blueprints).

Other: would be awesome if we had a sixth slot to build stuff in MA!

Alram

Flippers just flip
What if they just added a recipe like this one to make fragments using CCs instead?
Screenshots_2023-04-15-08-30-59.png

Hmmmm, no, my idea is far more complex and opaque, and therefore better.

Just kidding :) Yes, that would be great. Awesome benefit would also be that building slot isn't taken up, so shouldn't impact frequency of uuu, eee, mmm from MA.

Could also provide spell frag instants (same slot as cc and coin / supply instants), in fixed amounts (500, 1k, 5k, 10k, 100000k).

Just realized: there are a million simple ways to give us more spell frags that should be incredibly easy, and they just choose not to. Kind of obnoxious. Worse is that they slot in spell frags at the top of the spire. Hmm. Instead, 10% chance of heavy ranged attack boost expiring building would be nice. But no, that's where we can get frags, similar to the first fights in the spire, or disenchating garbage.

Bah. Oh well.

defiantoneks

we dont need more frags, and Spire rewards
got ruined because some thought we did.....
enough already.....

We do need more frags. They removed frags when they put in sips of clarity.

this is exactly why whatever change or addition is made should be optional, and should only impact those who want it to. so a separate building that does not change the MA rotation would be, IMO, optimal. want it? yes. win it and place it. don't want it? dont spend event currency to win it.

Sodbury

Example: Large Warehouse, costs maybe 6-12 cc's and 200 frags, but is 40 tiles. Could have nominal (bad) stats; low culture, pop, maybe crappy coin collection every 48h, no early pickup. Disenchants for 2400 frags though, so players who need can build.
Does the tile size matter? If you intend that the Magic Academy produce it, it will be created in spell form. There would be no need to build before disenchanting.

Not that I wouldn't build several just for show.

60 frags per tile, yes.

We do need more frags. As someone with over 1000 ccs and about 900k frags, I still think he need access to more frags, at least (e.g. optional). I used to have 1.1M frags - thats how i know we need more.

Tehya1

This idea sounds so much better than fragging the balloons, little rooms, observatories, and all the winter stuff that I outgrew and hated to begin with. All that white!

It seems to me that the frag problem exists more in small cities that don't have 50+ pages of bldg summonings that can be fragged. I say give us the gigantic useless warehouse and skip at least the little rooms and observatories. :D

I might revise this idea to simply ask for a giant building to be a daily prize during these continuous events we have, again, rather than take up an MA slot. Let's get a themed (to whatever event) giant building which can be fragged. Regular source of optional frags.

BrinDarby

Inno gave us 2 options to exchange Frags for CCs.....
Why not give us 2 options to swap CCs for Frags ...

That has the least disruption across the board.....
(K.I.S.S. principle)

defiantoneks

I might revise this idea to simply ask for a giant building to be a daily prize during these continuous events we have, again, rather than take up an MA slot. Let's get a themed (to whatever event) giant building which can be fragged. Regular source of optional frags.
they already have Tomes with little loot buildings that expire. why not have one that temporarily doubles your frag collections? say it's 2x2 Like the Rhythm of War that boosts Orc production or the one that does mana, or seeds. Just add one that does the same for frags.

I think thats fine, as i collect about 5k frags from my city every day, but that would seem to amplify the magnitude of the have VS have-nots (literally, by the magnifier of the building).

A couple more things they could do:
- simply increase the number of frags from any of the current frag sources.
- simply reduce the frag cost of things that cost frags
- offer a sorcery that grants frags as an option. Could get this sorcery from any of the current sources of things.

I agree that a large building in the MA is an unnecessarily convoluted way to offer frags. Still, if a large building otherwise balanced reasonably, could be an option

defiantoneks

something to remember is that nothing is a guaranteed unlimited supply. just because you WANT more frags does not mean you NEED more frags.
personally i WANT more diamonds. and RRs. and blueprints. but alas, I have to manage what is available to meet my game play.
you should not be able to just snap your fingers and have a ton of frags. if your supply has diminished it's because you used a lot. cut back on crafting a bit and restock, just as you would with seeds, mana, unurium, etc.

Tehya1

something to remember is that nothing is a guaranteed unlimited supply. just because you WANT more frags does not mean you NEED more frags.
personally i WANT more diamonds. and RRs. and blueprints. but alas, I have to manage what is available to meet my game play.
you should not be able to just snap your fingers and have a ton of frags. if your supply has diminished it's because you used a lot. cut back on crafting a bit and restock, just as you would with seeds, mana, unurium, etc.
That is YOUR game play. Chimaera might derive a lot of fun out of spending frags, and now the spire is giving less and less. Poor Chimaera will have less and less fun and might be reduced to deriving fun from watching the paint, I mean the aws build. :p

defiantoneks

That is YOUR game play.
well, i guess if you want to see it that way (?). resources are resources. we all play the game based on available resources. if i go and spend all 9 million of my mana on upgrades in one day, is it really justified to say inno doesnt provide enough?

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@defiantoneks

I call foul! With your 3+ year old city.

I can not get enough spell fragments to clear the evolving buildings out of my Magic Academy. Imagine how many chances I do not have to craft orcs nests, military boost buildings, festival merchants etc. You are advocating that players sit down, shut up, and put up with a problem that you didn't have to deal with.

Last edited:

Sprite1313

@defiantoneks

I call foul! With your 3+ year old city.

I can not get enough spell fragments to clear the evolving buildings out of my Magic Academy. Imagine how many chances I do not have to craft orcs nests, military boost buildings, festival merchants etc. You are advocating that players sit down, shut up, and put up with a problem that you didn't have to deal with.
I completely agree with this. For players who can only have one moonstone (assuming they can cobble together the frags to craft it), as well as playing while the game gives fewer frags, it is a real challenge. And the comparison to mana or seeds is specious. Tons of event buildings give mana or seeds. Several wonders give mana and seeds. Spell frags are a real limiting factor, especially in early chapters. Heaven forbid a new player wants to craft a fire phoenix and all artifacts. That’s, what, 100K spell frags? That’s a LOT.

I am not keen on the idea of a huge building that is craftable, but maybe offer the Arcane Ferris Wheel more often, and increase it from 200 frags per day to 1000 or more. Then a player could potentially have several of them in their city churning out spell frags. Or another small building (1x1, 1x2) that gives frags. Even if they are expiring, if players could craft or win them, they probably would.