• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Religious/Faith Lounge

• Thread starter DeletedUser12423
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12423

Even if I'm the only guy that plays Elvenar and believes in God, I would love to see this section added.

This section would be free of the no-religious chat forum rule. But all other forum rules would be respectfully followed and enforced. I think it's a shame that even mentioning God is treated like it's a bad word. And for those who have little or no faith, you're welcome to come learn and share your feelings or questions, or simply not look at this section if it bothers you. I didn't like it when they stopped letting us sing christian songs on the school bus when I was kid, and I do not like how this world has tried to illegalize God. It's an easy fix. Give us our section.

Last edited:

HJK84

Good idea.
But what stops others from coming up with different forums to chat freely?
Easy examples that might be "politically incorrect and out of norm"; S&M, Terrorism, Drug use, Human trafficking, etc...
I think the staff has purposely done this to cut back moderation. Specially if they're understaffed and doing this for free.

I'm still part of a gaming forum, where there's many many forums for different topics. Having staff check every thread gets tedious, way to many feuds happen due to religion and so forth.

Elvenar, is 1 game where people mostly come to chat about it.
It's not a gaming forum to accommodate various gamers, hobbies, etc.

Good luck with the suggestion though :)

DeletedUser12423

Easy examples that might be "politically incorrect and out of norm"; S&M, Terrorism, Drug use, Human trafficking, etc...
But what stops others from coming up with different forums to chat freely?
That's a fair question. Other then common sense, the freedom of religion. I'm pretty sure there isn't a freedom of terrorism or freedom of human trafficking act. I'm not asking for illegal or harmful things to be allowed, haha, quite the opposite. Banning God is a sin all it's own, actually. Side by side with blasphemy. But anyway, no, I do not condone or suggest anything illegal and That is a good question. There is a line that needs to be drawn. But that line, should never have had God placed on the side with all the evils you mentioned. That makes no sense, shouldn't have ever happened, and well, it's just stupid?

No, the freedom of religion was put into effect to stop things like what's happened here, from happening. From God being banned. What went wrong?
There have been several hundred small factions, or cults, abusing freedom of religion. These cults would practice witchcraft, skin animals alive, pray to satan, and basically ruined freedom of religion for everyone. The koran and bible aren't that different if you read them. They are not about killing. They are about love. And like the cultists abused freedom of relgion (which was intended for the one true God, as per our currency, In God we Trust, and in our Constitution) extreme islam became terrorism.

This is a US server. God is on our money and in our founding law. I'd like a section where I can speak with others without avoiding mentioning God. I don't think that's too much to ask. But there is one easier solution, that's even better. Change the current Forum Policy to allow people to mention religion. At least on the US server...
Thank you ^ ^

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

Honestly, this is a game forum.. There are other forums available on the web for people who want to discuss religion.

Religion and politics are two of the biggest argument starters as everyone has very strong opinions.. Nations have been at war over thousands of years for religious beliefs. and this game is open to anyone from many nations and the US forum is not exclusive to American's only

Freedom of religion and speech only protect your rights to do so from the US government and not private companies. Even if it did protect from private companies The makers of this game are from and based in Germany and would not have to follow our laws anyways

The current forum policy is fine and does not need to be changed.. If you really need to talk about it then you can find a nice Christian or whatever you believe in forum and preach to your hearts content.

I can see this topic getting locked as soon a s a mod sees it

DeletedUser12423

The current forum policy is fine and does not need to be changed
No, it isn't. It may be fine for you. It is not fine for me.
this game is open to anyone from many nations and the US forum is not exclusive to American's only
This server is the North American US Server. Others are welcome, but this server is for us. Not one word I said was inaccurate. God is in our US Constitution and on our currency, and there is no reason for anyone to care if we have have a faith section. Other then making people of faith conform to the ultimate banning of God. And that is just not right. We need a section where we are allowed to say the word, God, without being punished for it.

That, or lift the chat ban that effects freedom of religion in public, so we all have equal rights. There is still the other forums rules which do not allow abusive language or illegal activity. God is not illegal.

Last edited:

shimmerfly

Once again I am forced to reply to something that I wish I wouldn't.
There is a huge difference in "faith" and "religion". Then we get into the topic of spirituality, belief, judgement, etc.
Is any religion okay with you to discuss in this form thread or is it only Christianity? You may be trying to open a very large can of worms Rob, that your not ready to address. My beliefs are personal and I don't feel the "need" to discuss them with you or anyone else on a game forum.

Gath Of Baal

It is what it is.. you can cry all you want to cause you cannot discuss religion in a fantasy computer Game forum that's servers are paid for by inno games and run by employees of inno games which like I said is a german based company.

What about the Donald trump is best president ever sub forum? Crap like this is a cry for attention

DeletedUser12423

Exactly why we need a SECTION. So we can have our own threads. One for Christianity. Others as people make theirs, if different.
Yes, there is. That's why there would be multiple threads. A section is needed for that because it would require multiple threads.
There is a huge difference in "faith" and "religion".

My beliefs are personal and I don't feel the "need" to discuss them with you or anyone else on a game forum.
And there is nothing wrong with that. Some want to share, some don't. But as it is, some don't get the choice.

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

Ok so racism is not allowed on the forums either.. do you think white supremist should have a sub forum.. remember you complained about your personal freedoms being suppressed

DeletedUser12423

Not a place for this topic is all I am going to say.
Well, the moderators will probably agree with you. But, they may not. And I have about a dozen friends right now that would love to see a Christian Lounge, where we aren't punished for mentioning the lord. And that doesn't effect how I feel for you guys and gals, Shimmer, you've always been kind to me and never rude. Even if our beliefs are different, we can still be friends ^ ^ I have muslim friends on Steam, serious. A really good friend I've know for years is muslim, and lives in New Zealand. My friend Kiwi.

MirandaZink

Wow so this is a can of worms where pending on your personal beliefs and opinions you can't win. Here's my POV, this isn't a non-profit or a club. This is a forum tied to a game that is owned by INNO to make money. I think if there are people who want to connect who have common interests then use other tools available to you to connect - e.g. Facebook, iGoogle etc.

And personally, I would prefer that my beliefs, opinions are kept separate (just like the Constitution of the USA keeps them separate) from this game.

DeletedUser12423

I think if there are people who want to connect who have common interests
So Christians can't play Elvenar or mention God in Elvenar Forums? That's cool if you feel that way, but what I'm suggesting doesn't effect you. I'm asking for a lounge that you do not have to see, ever. One where people can bring up God, game, guild, and not have to worry about being punished when they were never doing anything bad in the first place.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I will be closing this thread for reasons that should be known, but if it is not...here is a snip it designed specifically on this forum, that can be found under forum rules:

8. Inappropriate material and language
It is not allowed to post any discussions of illegal activities or illegal content. Politic and religious discussion are also not allowed.

This is a gaming site, not a religion website. If you wish to discuss religion there are many platforums out there to do so. Each person have their own believes and faith, keep it out of this forum.

~Xelenia

Status
Not open for further replies.