• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Spire of Eternity rewards - discussion thread

Iyapo1

Giving us a random building and a random artifact every six weeks is doing nothing to fix the mess.
I have to ask....what is the "mess"? I still dont have all the available artifacts. Some of the evolving buildings I want enough to spend diamonds in the MA to get enough artifacts. I appreciate that they are being made available for me to get at all.
As for all the extra artifacts....my inventory is unlimited. I have extra everything I can get my hands on.

Deleted User - 1178646

Me neither, I am fine with how it is now, I am still waiting on the correct fragments to come along and do not mind the wait.

I think the get anything you want any time thing is just not smart. there is no tension in the game anymore, no exitement.
Everything would just become a chore. because as long as you do what needs to be done you get whatever you want.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I have to ask....what is the "mess"? I still dont have all the available artifacts. Some of the evolving buildings I want enough to spend diamonds in the MA to get enough artifacts. I appreciate that they are being made available for me to get at all.
As for all the extra artifacts....my inventory is unlimited. I have extra everything I can get my hands on.

Old buildings are re-issued periodically for those who missed them first time round - but the artifact system is ridiculous - it is entirely chance if you will even get one, going all the way up to the top of the spire every time for six weeks; some people get lucky and gain several; others may have to wait several years to fully evolve their building.
It is a totally dysfunctional system.

Iyapo1

Old buildings are re-issued periodically for those who missed them first time round
As a player who missed them the first time around, I appreciate this!
but the artifact system is ridiculous - it is entirely chance if you will even get one, going all the way up to the top of the spire every time for six weeks; some people get lucky and gain several; others may have to wait several years to fully evolve their building.

we should be given 'Artifact Fragments' in all the side events and other places too like daily log-in bonuses, so that we could over a period of months collect enough of them to forge one Artifact for any building we choose
We can already get 9 artifacts for a selected building over a period of 12 weeks. Six weeks in the spire and six weeks in the MA. Your suggesting that it should take a period of months to get enough "Artifact Fragments" to craft 1 artifact is not better.

The Unbeliever

Admittedly, the Fire Phoenix is absolutely required to play in the tournaments/spire, and hence, it *should* be made readily available all year long via the MA's crafting system - and it is... Granted, it may take a while to build up the frags + CC's to craft + fully evolve it, but even just a Lv3-4 Fire Chicken is 'good enough' to start making it through the at least the 1st level of the spire (for Magic Res farming), and at least maintain the first 10 provinces to 4-5* per week.

The rest of 'em?
The devs simply need to spend the '22 event cycle offering up the much better 'Tomes' each event, which can unlock the base Lv1 buildings OR an artifact for those buildings.
Hell, go one step further, and make 2 different 'tomes' per event; 1-2 that are locked behind the grand prize cycles, and which can be used to obtain ONE Lv1 base building themed to that specific event. (ie: a 'Tome of the Phoenix' can be used to obtain 1x Lv1 Coldfire OR Ashen Phoenix).
AND, the 2nd tome variant can instead be a daily prize that when used, will give 1x artifact for ANY evo building from the 1st tome. (ie: 'Tome of Phoenix Ascension' can give 1x Coldfire artifact, OR, 1x Ashen artifact)

In this way, new players can make the choice to spend the event chasing down just 1 previous evo building, and have extremely good odds of going from Lv1 to Lv10 within the 21-22 day span... with some dias and/or some good luck, a player might be able to gain 2 previous year's evo building/s! ;)

Then we can do away with the BS spire artifact mess, and instead can get some new Spire-exclusive buildings that can rotate through every few months...
Or we can also use the Spire to bring back previous events' set buildings, such as the Winter Market, Air Traders, Harvest set, Sorcerer's set, etc, etc... as 'special' 6-8 week cycles! :D

BrinDarby

Need'n to offer past bldgs(evolves) is a direct result of ....
everytime the devs give us something, they take it right back.
So those without that bldg are punished untill they have 1.
Plus by offering past bldgs, rather than new bldgs with simmilar
features, it keeps xtra stuff outta the hands of the old timers....

Moonestone Set, was the Spire exclusive set and should be returned
to Spire where it belongs. Artifacts should only be in MA but be 1 BP + 5000f
not this rediculious 3bp + 10000f .

Almost all of this stems from the Devs not correctly balancing Spire/Tourn
based on CH of player, and worry'n that anyone that sticks around longer
than 3-9 months, will be unfairly imbalanced somehow.... another part is
unlimited stacking of 5day bldgs, talk about imbalanced..... heh heh

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
We can already get 9 artifacts for a selected building over a period of 12 weeks. Six weeks in the spire and six weeks in the MA.
You must be playing a different game to me. In my different small cities, and from the reports of my players, the average of artifacts for a player going all the way to the top of the spire is one or perhaps two - though a few lucky players managed to gain 3. It is a total lottery - which would mean that for the average player, it would take several years to fully evolve a building, if they joined the game after its original release.

Your suggesting that it should take a period of months to get enough "Artifact Fragments" to craft 1 artifact is not better.
Yes it is better - because then you would be getting the artifact of your choice for a building that you really wanted, not a lot of random artifacts thrown at you that you do not want or need.

Raccon

I crafted my fire phoenix in chapter 3, it took me nearly 7 months to have it fully evolved by crafting phoenix artifacts in MA while I was getting unrelated artifacts from spire.
Likewise, I crafted my brown bear in MA in chapter 5, I only got one bear artifact in the past 5 months from the Spire so it's feeding effect is not worth the pet food. On the plus side, I was lucky enough to stock pile 4 Easter island statues, 4 gingerbread cookies etc... which I don't have neither space nor intention to build their respective evolving buildings!

The Unbeliever

Need'n to offer past bldgs(evolves) is a direct result of ....
everytime the devs give us something, they take it right back.
So those without that bldg are punished untill they have 1.
Plus by offering past bldgs, rather than new bldgs with simmilar
features, it keeps xtra stuff outta the hands of the old timers....

Moonestone Set, was the Spire exclusive set and should be returned
to Spire where it belongs. Artifacts should only be in MA but be 1 BP + 5000f
not this rediculious 3bp + 10000f .

Almost all of this stems from the Devs not correctly balancing Spire/Tourn
based on CH of player, and worry'n that anyone that sticks around longer
than 3-9 months, will be unfairly imbalanced somehow.... another part is
unlimited stacking of 5day bldgs, talk about imbalanced..... heh heh
The game is an unbalanced disaster because the devs have made it nearly impossible for newer players to access older, much more powerful buildings, AND, because every new event offers 95% flaming garbage instead of building on past power levels!!

No one cares about not having a Gingerbread House or Valentine's or May evo building, because they suck.
EVERYONE laments new players being extremely challenged to obtain even a Lv5 Fire Chicken within a reasonable timeframe!

Make Events Great Again!
While we don't need everything to be a new, shiner Fire Chicken, we DO need at least half of each year's event prizes to at least be on roughly the same power scale as the Fire Chicken!
The Sorcerer's set from this year is a good example; it provides an insane amount of T1, (very useful for anyone up to at least Ch9-10), and gives Ch1-3 players a great early source of CC's pre-Spire. Late game players who are extremely heavy crafters also enjoy the added CC's as well.

How about a new building that gives a perma 10-15% Def boost to all units?
What about a new building that can give a perma 10% boost to all units Atk?
What about a new building that can give a very sizable amount of Mana/Seeds/Unarium depending on chapter?
Or a new building that gives a 10-15% perma boost to coin + supply production?
Or a new building that gives a 100% boost to T2+1/T3+1/T4+1/T6+1/T7+1 goods production depending on chapter progress?
Or a new building that provides a flat 5-25% perma boost to troops production? (...yes, this would basically be a better Brown Bear, but early game players would absolute rejoice at this kind of a building!)

The other main point of handing out 3-4 really powerful event prizes every year, is that it greatly encourages people to throw scads of money at the game!
We see it in FoE every time a really, really powerful event building is brought forth - even the diamond farms can't keep up with some of the prize line-ups. ;)

But continually just shoveling rank rodent gak at the players only ensures that no one is happy, and only the same few hardcore whales will continue to support this failing game.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the average of artifacts for a player going all the way to the top of the spire is one or perhaps two
So 1 or 2 times 6 weeks = ?
Plus MA crafting, including sips of clarity and diamond flipping if it's really important to you?
Plus Sorcery books that allow choosing between artifacts?
Plus other sorcery books allowing you to get a second base?

Sorry, I loved the artifact fragments idea (although I think you botched the suggestion by not being active after launching it) and I loved my "spire shop" idea, but as far as I'm concerned inno has actually solved the artifact issue.

Talaedraiia

SoggyShorts, I go to the top of spire every week and in the six week period I received 2 artifacts. The one before the Phoenix, I received 3 artifacts. So, it’s not so good for everyone

Deleted User - 1178646

You must be playing a different game to me. In my different small cities, and from the reports of my players, the average of artifacts for a player going all the way to the top of the spire is one or perhaps two - though a few lucky players managed to gain 3. It is a total lottery - which would mean that for the average player, it would take several years to fully evolve a building, if they joined the game after its original release.

Yes it is better - because then you would be getting the artifact of your choice for a building that you really wanted, not a lot of random artifacts thrown at you that you do not want or need.
Thats because you live in your facebook bubble, remember people more easily complain then praise. and on facebook this is even worse.

The average over those 6 weeks is 4 or 5. some people so get 1-2 and some get 9.
You just want anything you please anytime you want. but that makes the game boring.

The struggle and luck makes it interesting. you can scream and curse at the game when it sucks, and dance out of Joy when it works.
Without that you can just "crack the code" do whatever is best. and get bored o so quickly and move on

Deleted User - 1178646

SoggyShorts, I go to the top of spire every week and in the six week period I received 2 artifacts. The one before the Phoenix, I received 3 artifacts. So, it’s not so good for everyone
Obviously, but it won't suck all the time, you will get 5-6-7-8 some times, just wait and see.
The spire is there to get a retry to top of your unfinished buildings. it's not there as a full alternative to events.

If you started 1 year ago and you only got 5 artefacts at that time because you where too inexperienced. thats where those artefacts are ment for.

BrinDarby

............ but as far as I'm concerned inno has actually solved the artifact issue.
You are soo right there Soggy....

Get players almost interested in placing it in thier city
with 3-4 artifacts, then bleed them dry @ 3bp+10kf
for another 3-4 artifacts.......

the artifcts from spire are a tease, to get u to buy more...
(otherwise it would be every 10 weeks, not 6 ... lolol)

LisaMV

In my opinion, the entire system of re-issuing evolving buildings and their artifacts is totally crocked. I really hope that the designers will do something to fix it.

Old buildings are re-issued periodically for those who missed them first time round - but the artifact system is ridiculous - it is entirely chance if you will even get one, going all the way up to the top of the spire every time for six weeks; some people get lucky and gain several; others may have to wait several years to fully evolve their building.
It is a totally dysfunctional system.

Giving us a random building and a random artifact every six weeks is doing nothing to fix the mess. Rather we should be allowed to choose any building that we wish from the crafting list and buy it for Diamonds - and then we should be given 'Artifact Fragments' in all the side events and other places too like daily log-in bonuses, so that we could over a period of months collect enough of them to forge one Artifact for any building we choose. If 'Artifact Fragments' could be gained simply from logging in to one's city, as well as FA Waypoints, Tournaments, Spires and grand prizes in the questline events, that would motivate reluctant players to be far more involved in the game!
That would make far more sense - and the sooner they bring in a similar system, the better.
I do hope the developers are listening to this suggestion. Not the first time I have made it.
:)
I love this idea of Artifact Fragments, along the lines of AW's ~ seriously brilliant. :diamond: Thank you!
I have wanted Stonehenge in my 1st city as soon as I saw it in a neighbor's city. I am in a gold spire fellowship, topped the spire every week during that time, and still only got 4 artifacts. My three other cities got 9 each!
People are always complaining "ok! I have a fully evolved XYZ and now 23 additional artifacts!" lol, it is usually a building I need artifacts for, and have only 3 or such.
By giving us Artifact Fragments, we can be inspired to work hard toward ones we actually need. Everyone will cheer up, and do better in spire too.
As far as the craftable buildings in the MA: OMG! I already have too much to keep my brain on, and I am not going to add some psycho-cycling schedule to my plate. Can't they just appear as part of the mix? yikes. o_O

Iyapo1

By giving me artifact fragments inno will allow me to I hoard them like I hoard everything else and walk out of an event with two bases and 18 artifacts without spending a dime. I wont use them for old buildings I can already get those with spiring and 3 blueprints(900 diamonds) in the MA. Between my gold spire FS rewards and crafting habits I can already get those buildings for free.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have wanted Stonehenge in my 1st city as soon as I saw it in a neighbor's city. I am in a gold spire fellowship, topped the spire every week during that time, and still only got 4 artifacts. My three other cities got 9 each!

If you have a regular supply of blueprints or diamonds, the recipe to make Stonhenge artifacts has been in the crafting rotation in the MA for a few months now. The artifacts will show up in the same slot that holds the pet food and relic recipes.

LisaMV

If you have a regular supply of blueprints or diamonds, the recipe to make Stonhenge artifacts has been in the crafting rotation in the MA for a few months now. The artifacts will show up in the same slot that holds the pet food and relic recipes.
YES I know this, and I have indeed crafted the 8th & 9th artifacts for other buildings, but it is completely unreasonable to expect me to spend 15 blueprints to get one fully evolved stonehenge! As I went to the top of the spire every single week that the artifacts were in rotation, it is more a reflection on the bad set up on Inno's part. Unless, of course, their plan is to make me wait another year or two... :rolleyes: