• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New tournament versus AW's

InvincibleRailroad

Has anyone really torn down AW's because of the new format? If so, which ones and for what reason? I am an adapt to the situation kind of person and just curious, but if tearing them down actually helps I could use the space.

Rathoril

I tore down 3 wonders.
Tome of Secrets lvl 6: Would have torn it down long ago but a neighbor leveled it up 2 times when I first started playing so it had sentimental value.
Spire Library: This wonder is laughably bad and adds nothing to tournament ability. (Does the rank bonus even work yet?)
Tournament Arena: Produces troops I don't use and again with the rank bonus.

There are others I would have torn down as well if I had bothered to build them in the first place.
Endless excavation, Blooming Trader Guild, Enars Embassy, Maze of Dark Matter, Sunset Towers, Lighthouse of good Neighborhood

Rathoril

My trader makes more seeds than I need so the seed production loss was irrelevant. The total level reduction was 11 levels, not a dramatic difference. More of a fat trimming exercise.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There are others I would have torn down as well if I had bothered to build them in the first place.
Endless excavation, Blooming Trader Guild, Enars Embassy, Maze of Dark Matter, Sunset Towers, Lighthouse of good Neighborhood
A good list except for the Endless Excavation which is an absolutely awesome wonder that basically, every city should have since it makes more supplies per square than a workshop.
Edit: unless you have a PoP spell active on all workshops all the time.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
A good list except for the Endless Excavation which is an absolutely awesome wonder that basically, every city should have since it makes more supplies per square than a workshop.
There are builds that do much better with the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood, Crystal Lighthouse/Bell spire, and Prosperity towers, using magic workshops and a large amount of PoP and EE. The Excavations is a good side production, but it doesn't act as a multiplier.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have two AWs I still plan on removing, but I am doing it more because they are not much use to my city in general, rather than because of the tournament. Remember that AW levels, and all the rest, only increase your squad sizes and have no impact on the actual difficulty of the fights. So if you can easily make the troops, there is no reason to change anything. Each star of each province has a set difficulty that is the same for a chapter 1 player or for a chapter 17 player, so what also matters is what chapter you are in and how many different 3-star troops you have access to.

SoggyShorts

There are builds that do much better with the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood, Crystal Lighthouse/Bell spire, and Prosperity towers, using magic workshops and a large amount of PoP and EE.
Yes, with 200%+ Culture bonus and PoP uptime of 100% using 3 wonders, Magic workshops and Magic residences a build is possible where the Endless excavation isn't worth placing. There will always be outlier builds.

So like I said, basically everyone should have the EE in their city.

Even the player above who made the list of wonders they don't have @Rathoril, with their city it looks like 125% culture bonus before buffs which makes it very doubtful that they maintain anything over 170% which means that only through 100% PoP usage can a magic workshop beat an EE on a per square basis.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Wait, these buildings have graphics? All I see is numbers lol

I often wondered if this was the case .:p
Thanks for the confirmation Soggy!!

Damn you Soggy, now you got me thinking about building the EE again! lol

Edit : As for selling off wonders I have removed a few more as well (I had quite a few of them lol). More for the fact that they don't help me as much anymore in the later chapters, but with them increasing the difficulty in tournaments it makes your choice in what wonders to keep more important now then before the changes.
It is best not to get attached to anything in this game as what you need changes so much as you progress through the chapters.

Last edited:

Rathoril

I have a culture bonus of 195% currently(usually higher but going thru chpt. 17) with 4 Magic workshops and a level 26 Prosperity towers with unlimited POP and EE spells from the tourney which makes the endless excavation less than optimal for my set up.
Lvl 26 EE at my chapter would make 972000 supplies/24hrs. (effectively less due to slippage)
My level 26 PT makes 1,200,000 per 24 hrs (5 collects)
Each lvl16 M workshop makes 2,854,000/day (4X3hr and 1X9hr) with POP. Will make more when leveled to 17.
total supply output/day: 12,619,000

The EE is "must have" for non magic building cities and good for most others but not that great for optimized tourney cities especially now that AW levels factor in to enemy squad size calculation.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

have a culture bonus of 195% currently
Impressive, was I off on your 125% natural, or do you have 14 EE spelled culture buildings buffed?
The EE is "must have" for non magic building cities and good for most others but not that great for optimized tourney cities especially now that AW levels factor in to enemy squad size calculation.
Exactly, and it's not like players such as yourself are going to ask for help with deciding on the EE.

I know I should be more clear when I post things like "pretty much everyone should _____" but I always tend to assume that the top players aren't the ones asking and that they know I'm not talking about them. I'll work on that.

AtaguS

And some of us just found it fugly and ditched it.
...I ditched the EE for this reason as well after the tourney changes. Playing in the spire has yielded 4 magic workshops which already send me to the wholesaler most days to unload supplies.
But I'd advise any non-magic workshop or beginning city to place the EE. It is a great resource. But fugly to its core.

I also ditched the Maze - not sure why I ever built it so happy for the excuse to pull it down.

My Bee is hanging on by a single little droplet of honey. Not sure what her fate will be in the end...still deciding.

AtaguS

Does the Bee increase the amount of goods you can buy from the Wholesaler using gold, supplies, and goods?
It does, as well as boost settlement goods and in chapter 16 PPs don't go as far so....And on the other hand,
things I buy in the wholesaler are just extra at this point, I keep a good inventory with factories.
And I'm not in a huge rush to finish the chapter....
Still, she stays until space is an absolute requirement and nothing else will fix it.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I’m happy to have Endless Excavation to supplement my 12 Magic Workshops. I negotiate 2 levels of the Spire weekly and I run out of supplies too often. Thanks for the reminder! Mine is only level 11 so now that my battle related AW are up to level 21 it is an oversight to not upgrade EE.

My Blooming Trader Guild is level 30 so wholesale offers are at 500% and portal production is 140%. What’s not to love? Besides, I would really miss my Bee :p

Rathoril

I have recently been rethinking my dislike for the Blooming Trader. 30-40% increase in settlement production would be quite good in the painfully long slog through Chapter 17. Previous chapters have been fairly easily completed with time instants and PP, making the Bee unnecessary but unfortunately Inno has done a "good" job reducing PP impact and increasing the amount of time instants used in troop production.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

Ever worked out the math on what sort of bonus is needed for this to change? Am curious at what point it might flip. I am always loathe to delete any wonder but did delete my lvl 6 EE (not cause of tourny, many months ago). Part of that is my culture bonus is normally 300%+, I feel ripped off if I collect coins/supplies with anything under 250% increase.

One can't even say free to play towns anymore as inno has mergerd the gap between free and pay towns that it is crazy easy for a free town to have several blue buildings and never pay any $ and with new tourny upgrade them for free forever.

I have two AWs I still plan on removing, but I am doing it more because they are not much use to my city in general, rather than because of the tournament. Remember that AW levels, and all the rest, only increase your squad sizes and have no impact on the actual difficulty of the fights. So if you can easily make the troops, there is no reason to change anything. Each star of each province has a set difficulty that is the same for a chapter 1 player or for a chapter 17 player, so what also matters is what chapter you are in and how many different 3-star troops you have access to.

It is not difficulty but the SS that is precisely the issue. Under the old system it was a problem and people complained with a what 200% (think it was less) difference, where as current system can have difference's of 1000%. However only some wonders increase your ability to produce more troops and everyone has access to those same wonders. If a wonder does incrase output by 1000% please show me it ;) :D

In terms of the OP I have heard of many players deleting wonders due to the new tourny but what works for one player wont work for another. In terms of tournament only and combat focused, perhaps:

Must haves:
  • Needles of the Tempest - Must have, more troops and strong LR
  • Martial Monastery/Sanctuary - Must have, more health
  • Flying Academy - Must have, free priests and faster MC
  • Dragon Abbey - Good for stronger priests
  • Temple of the toads - Must have, stronger HR and more of them
  • Victory Springs - Must have, faster troops from TG
  • Simia Sapiens - Must have, more troops
  • Timewarp - Must have, increases efficiency with less time between rounds. Can get more use from temp buildings.

Debateable/Situational
  • Dwarven Bulwark - Ignore unless you need the training size, close combat troops die very easy so free LM not so handy
  • Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms - Depends on need for more training size, generally take this over bulwark as LR troops will be helpful and more armouries will make this provide the better bost for least AW levels
  • Pyramid of Purification - Ignore, close combat troops die very easy so free HM not so handy
  • Economy wonders worth considering
    • Golden Abyss - Space saving, more space and pop means more armouries
    • Mountain Halls - Space saving, more space and pop means more armouries
    • Prosperity Towers - Extra supplies to make troops
    • Thermal Spring of Youth - Space saving, more space and pop means more armouries
    • Tome of secrets - For supplies only, understand when this outperforms a ws and when that changes
    • Endless excavation - For supplies only
    • Watchtower Ruins - Ch 16+ for space saving, lower the chapter the less likely to need

Ignores
  • Crystal Lighthouse/ Great Bell Spire - Ignore
  • Thrones of the High Men - Ignore
  • Blooming Trader Guild - Ignore
  • Heroes Forge - Ignore
  • Enars Embassy - LOL, ignore
  • Maze of the Dark Matter - Ignore
  • Elvenar Trade Center - Ignore
  • Sunset Towers - Ignore
  • Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood - Ignore
  • Vortex of Storage - Ignore
  • Spire Library - Ignore