• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Update

• Thread starter DeletedUser2528
  • Start date

DeletedUser2528

A QUESTION: WITH THE SUPER UPDATE OF YESTERDAYS, WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE OF GETTING THE RUNE YOU NEED? HOW MANY PROVINCES YOU NEED TO FIGHT TO GET ONE RUNE. ....

DeletedUser2753

With all 10 AW s researched your chances are 1 in 10 but it may not be purely random. 8x10 but you could get lucky.

DeletedUser2191

Let's take the mandatory researching of Ancient Wonder's out of the picture and say everyone is going to research them in full.

Chapter 2 - provides 2 wonders, chance of getting a specific rune is 1 in 2

Chapter 3 - provides another 2 wonders (4 available now), chance of getting a specific rune is 1 in 4

Chapter 4 - provides another 2 wonders (6 available now), chance of a specific rune is 1 in 6

Chapter 5 - provides another 2 wonders (8 available now), chance of specific rune is 1 in 8

Chapter 6 - provides another 2 wonders (10 available now), chance of specific rune is 1 in 10

Chapter 7- provides another 2 wonders (12 available now), chance of specific rune is 1 in 12

Once you have at least 1 Ancient Wonder technology researched, you will be able to get runes from clearing provinces. Each province you clear gives you 1 random rune, may or may not be the specific one you want at that time (see chances above).

DeletedUser3040

As far as I can tell, building wonders that you don't want, selling them off and breaking more shards refilling their slots is the best way of building the wonders that you do want. Long process.

DeletedUser2191

As far as I can tell, building wonders that you don't want, selling them off and breaking more shards refilling their slots is the best way of building the wonders that you do want. Long process.

Seeing how we need coins, goods and or resources to build these, IMO, this is not an ideal way. I think it would be better to fill the rune wheel up of the wonders we don't want to build, then as we get more runes of that wonder, keep inserting them to be come a broken shard. Once the broken shard counter is filled, turn it into a guaranteed rune of the wonder we want to build.

Maz Mellor

Seeing how we need coins, goods and or resources to build these, IMO, this is not an ideal way. I think it would be better to fill the rune wheel up of the wonders we don't want to build, then as we get more runes of that wonder, keep inserting them to be come a broken shard. Once the broken shard counter is filled, turn it into a guaranteed rune of the wonder we want to build.

That would be nice. Anything to make those superfluous Crystal Lighthouse shards useful. I have 25 of them and I sure could use the shards.

DeletedUser828

I'm just not finding the Wonders overly useful. I appreciate the ones that extend Culture Help, Boosts my goods and provides peeps. I've taken out some that I have built because I just couldn't see the long term use of them. Some folks just love them to death, I find them a waste of space for the most part. There are more useful things I can build to better my city.

DeletedUser3040

That would certainly be more convenient than building and selling off my crystal lighthouse twice simply to break enough of its 40-something shards to fill a couple of runes on abyss and mountain halls.

DeletedUser61

There are more useful things I can build to better my city.
If you look at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Fairies_Ancient_Wonders#Blooming_Trader_Guild_Overview, you'll see that all of the Ancient Wonders are documented out to level 15, and I suspect that the developer's spreadsheet goes out even further.

The real problem with Ancient Wonders is not at the low end, but rather than they can't be allowed to turn the game inside out at the high end.

Once folks reach the end of their current technology tree, Ancient Wonders are about the only way that you can use your Knowledge Points, and as the game matures more and more players will be waiting for additional content. When the OTHER choice is zero benefit because your KPs bar is capped, AWs become a very handy investment.

DeletedUser43

I think it would be better to fill the rune wheel up of the wonders we don't want to build, then as we get more runes of that wonder, keep inserting them to be come a broken shard. Once the broken shard counter is filled, turn it into a guaranteed rune of the wonder we want to build.

If the rune wheel is full and you don't build that wonder, all that happens is you keep getting runes that keep adding up. None of them can break. The option to insert them gets greyed out. That's why people are building them and then deleting them. So they can start inserting them again and maybe have them break.

DeletedUser828

If you look at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Fairies_Ancient_Wonders#Blooming_Trader_Guild_Overview, you'll see that all of the Ancient Wonders are documented out to level 15, and I suspect that the developer's spreadsheet goes out even further.

The real problem with Ancient Wonders is not at the low end, but rather than they can't be allowed to turn the game inside out at the high end.

Once folks reach the end of their current technology tree, Ancient Wonders are about the only way that you can use your Knowledge Points, and as the game matures more and more players will be waiting for additional content. When the OTHER choice is zero benefit because your KPs bar is capped, AWs become a very handy investment.

I have looked over the Wonders on the Wiki, but you must realize not every aspect of this is for everyone. We all have different ways we prefer to play it and build. I do have Wonders built, the ones that best suit me for my mode of game play. I think I did state that as well. There just is not enough room to fill my city with Wonders in which most I have no use for
Missanthrophy fixed an editorial glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2191

If the rune wheel is full and you don't build that wonder, all that happens is you keep getting runes that keep adding up. None of them can break. The option to insert them gets greyed out. That's why people are building them and then deleting them. So they can start inserting them again and maybe have them break.

Ah I see, thank you for that knowledge :)

DeletedUser706

It starts to look more and more like a lottery to me. Wait till the Summer Solstice event arrives over here, even more opportunities to "get lucky or unlucky" and of course bypassing all that by spending diamonds...

dikke ikke

runes become shards if you already have them in your wheel, in the wiki you can see that you need the runes again if you upgrade to level 6 and 11 of your AW

DeletedUser43

runes become shards if you already have them in your wheel

If you mean they become broken shards, that is untrue. If you have a full wheel and haven't built a wonder, runes just become more runes sitting there and accumulating. They won't break.

DeletedUser2528

With all 10 AW s researched your chances are 1 in 10 but it may not be purely random. 8x10 but you could get lucky.
Sorry this is not accurate! I had all the circle full except for 1 rune (Golden Abyss AW), I had 9 shards, I got a new rune that broke, so now I had 10 shards, I clicked to get the missing rune but the new forged rune broke and gave me 1 shard! When you fight a province you can get a rune for any of the wonders that you unlocked, to get the 10 runes that you need for one ancient wonder could take forever....
rune.jpg
That would certainly be more convenient than building and selling off my crystal lighthouse twice simply to break enough of its 40-something shards to fill a couple of runes on abyss and mountain halls.
there is no GARAUNTEED RUNE <removed a broken link>
Missanthropy merged stacked posts, and covered and overly large graphic wile a spoiler tag.

dikke ikke

ok, they become broken shards if your wheel is not yet full, otherwise you have to save them for later upgrades to level 6 and 11

DeletedUser2528

Let's take the mandatory researching of Ancient Wonder's out of the picture and say everyone is going to research them in full.

Chapter 2 - provides 2 wonders, chance of getting a specific rune is 1 in 2

Chapter 3 - provides another 2 wonders (4 available now), chance of getting a specific rune is 1 in 4

Chapter 4 - provides another 2 wonders (6 available now), chance of a specific rune is 1 in 6

Chapter 5 - provides another 2 wonders (8 available now), chance of specific rune is 1 in 8

Chapter 6 - provides another 2 wonders (10 available now), chance of specific rune is 1 in 10

Chapter 7- provides another 2 wonders (12 available now), chance of specific rune is 1 in 12

Once you have at least 1 Ancient Wonder technology researched, you will be able to get runes from clearing provinces. Each province you clear gives you 1 random rune, may or may not be the specific one you want at that time (see chances above).
Ok the question must be How many provinces must I clear to get the rune I need, and 10 broken shards didn't give me the ONE rune that I am missing, 10 shards were converted in 1 shard again! check the picture I posted thanks

rune.jpg

DeletedUser68

Take a close look at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders#Rune_Shards
  • When you attempt to insert a Rune Shard into the Rune Wheel, your odds of hitting a full slot depend on what you already have.
  • If 8/9 slots are already full, then there are 8 chances out of 9 that you'll get another BROKEN Rune Shard
  • Once you have 10 BROKEN Rune Shards, clicking on the bar is guaranteed to fill an empty slot.
  • BUT if you still have a few empty slots, you might NOT want to immediately use your broken bar, even though you'll lose any broken shards, because the odds get worse and worse. If you used up your Broken bar for your 8th slot, for example, on average you'll need NINE MORE Rune Shards in order to fill the final slot, and your Broken Rune Shards bar will be nearly full again.
I’ve tidied up some stacked posts. This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread but is intended, rather, to avoid future issues and the consequent warnings that we’re obliged to issue when gentle doesn't get people's attention.
  • The easiest technique is to simply start typing in the reply box at the bottom of the page.
  • If you want to add another thought, and it would make sense to revise your recently posted message,
    simply click the "Edit" link just below your posted message.
  • If you want to add attributed quotes to a message that you’re already posted, you can
    Cut them from the normal edit box and then Paste them into an edit box for the existing message.
For a more elaborate conversation, a very effective technique is to multi-quote SNIPPETS (not the entire message which we’ve already read) that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages on each page.

index.php

• Click Reply only if you want to quote one entire message
  • Click + Quote if you want to quote several entire messages
  • Highlight and click Reply if you want to quote one snippet
  • Highlight and click + Quote if you want to quote several snippets
If you're using + Quote, you can actually reorganize the snippets before you insert them into the edit box at the bottom of the page.

The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post
that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

OVERLY LARGE graphics chew up a lot of bandwidth and they consequently slow down page loads. Animated gifs are simply irritating.

Our forum rules are available at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/[/URL'][URL='https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/[/URL']https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/[/URL]
but multi-posting and graphics are the most common issues.
  • Embedded graphics may not be larger than 640h x 480v pixels. If it simply has to be larger, please bury it under a spoiler tag.
  • Signature blocks, including image links and all text, may not display larger than 500h x 150v pixels.
  • Animated gifs may not be displayed.
  • Support ticket conversations are confidential, and references thereto will be removed.
  • Material from other forums, particularly discussions about beta features that are not yet in production, are generally discouraged unless you bury them under a spoiler tag.
The syntax for a spoiler tag is listed as part of the general BBCODE help
that’s available under the Help tag in the lower right of all forum pages.
Code:
[SPOILER=Subject]Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.[/SPOILER]

Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.

We also have comprehensive support for tabular data.[/URL]