• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Newbie Dewbie Doo

• Thread starter DeletedUser1499
  • Start date

DeletedUser1499

I just started playing a couple days ago and am enjoying it tremendously.

Can anyone give me a heads up on special 'etiquette' for this game?

I've read the forum and game rules, but what I'm asking for is like what may or may not be rude to do to fellow Fellowship Members and everyone else in the game. I just joined a fellowship yesterday and visited everyone on the list and try to visit my near by neighbors.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to give me to make sure I'm playing well?;)

DeletedUser594

For the most part being an active, helpful player is more than enough and I wouldn't worry too much - if you're already in forums, with a question like that, I'm sure you'll do just fine.
That being said here are a few nitpicky but common complaints that I've come across
The complaints I hear in game usually revolve around trade and either not helping or helping but ignoring players stated preference.

Trading- within fellowships "fair trade" is the most widely used format. Fair trade takes production costs into account so that we come out more or less even. Some goods cost more than others so a 1:1 ratio leaves one with a loss, one with a gain if not posted properly.

The rule of thumb is to post trades that show 2 stars minimum. Producing some goods from every tier of goods when possible is helpful and allows 1:1 trades. Some players try and only produce high value tier 3 goods and then expect to get "fair" trades closed when posting 100 gem for 1600marble. This does technically count as fair, posts with two stars, but is not really sustainable and does cause resentments along with imbalancing goods production in the fellowship.
Let me sum that up- 1:1=fair and good , 1:4 or 1:16= fair but not good

I tend to check the trader first thing when I log on and I close out whatever I am boosted in and producing. Then I look for what I need, then I post what I need. If you are proactive you can avoid posting mirror image trades and be helpful and keep goods moving.

When helping it is common to see the letters (C, M/H, B) in the city name. This indicates the type of help you could most use/prefer. C-culture,B-builder, M or H, main hall. With neighbors you can just hit whatever as that's gravy. With fellowship members if you want to maximize impact try to hit what they ask for and if it's culture try to determine if they just want the big items done or they hope to cut off after the bigs are polished to get something else. This process adds some time but can go a log way in building a relationship/avoiding frustration.

and nice tag btw.

DeletedUser61

It's also quite effective to use the Trader as a guide when you're exploring the world map.
  1. Look through the radio button trades (they'll have a 50% markup), and especially the LARGE ones that either need what you're offering, or are offering what you need.
  2. Click on their name and then visit
  3. Admire their city, which you can't buff because you have not yet discovered them, then click on THEIR world map icon
  4. Drag the map just a bit, and you'll get a blue arrow that you can follow back to the edge of your explored area
  5. Scout and then acquire the sectors that will bridge you to a city that you ALREADY KNOW will be an active, ideal trading partner
If you consider the overall map, there's a strong pattern for the relics. if you look at ANY 11:00 o'clock to 5:00 o'clock city, you'll find IDENTICAL sectors in every 2nd row. So when you find one ideal trading partner, half of the cities on that same diagonal will also have the same potential. Somebody with complementary boosts is never more than 5 sectors away from your own city.

While acquiring sectors DOES generate Relics and Knowledge Points, you need to be cautious because the further you are from home, the more expensive it gets. Like most other things in life, if you overreach then EVERYTHING that you do becomes difficult. If you're losing more than a few battles, you'd be wise to wait for better technologies and thereby stronger troops and larger squad sizes.

Finally, Elven Cities are automatically pretty, while Human Cities are going to look like a mud flat no matter how hard you try.

DeletedUser55

welcome and if you have questions please post in the forums and people really do like to answer questions right away. I hope you enjoy it here.

DeletedUser1797

how do I explore and still stay near my city to keep costs down. Not putting it together in this old brain

DeletedUser594

the opposing armies will keep you from wandering too far. They get stronger with each new ring of territory. Work concentrically, unlock active neighbors and boosted relics as a priority.