• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie question about Tournaments

BelovedJenevieve

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and I don't see anywhere on my World Map or Provinces about participating in Tournaments. Do I need to be in a Fellowship to do these? Thanks...

NightshadeCS

Yes, you do need to be in a fellowship.

I recommend everyone join a fellowship. Some research to find the right group can help a lot. Or, you can join a group that seems likely, and then spend time after you understand the dynamic better to find a group to move to that really works for you.

If you are someone who REALLY wants to play solo (the game is definitely more difficult this way), you can form your own fellowship in order to access tournaments.

LutherTheHairy

I've received a handful of requests to join a fellowship but just have not pursued joining one yet. Been enjoying solo play but can see the benefits of joining a group.

We are a young fellowship on a different world. The fun thing has been working our first explorations into Spire and Fellowship adventure (FA) and making mistakes along the way as we figure out together as we go. We have not yet cracked even the 4th chest in tournaments (which I HIGHLY recommend; you can win a LOT of relics for your boosted goods in them which increases production in a big way over time. Crystal tournament ending today. I don't know which is next. They run Tuesday midday to Saturday midday in North America, with a new one each week)

We did really well relative to our development level in the FA completing stage 2 and the starting waypoint in stage 3.

There are also mature fellowships out there with powerful players . Being in one of those will boost you because of further tournament advancement (complete even one level of one tournament province and you get a copy of ALL the chests the fellowship wins) and trade. Whatever resource you need at your early level they can fill it without blinking because they will have so much more goods than your city can consume. Trades in fellowships are MUCH more efficient. Trades outside of your neighbors and fellowship have a 50% fee added onto the requested goods that you, the buyer, provides. Example: Someone puts in an offer of 100 wood for 100 marble and when you see it, it will be 100 wood for 150 marble.

We are striving for a boosted goods balanced fellowship (more or less equal numbers of cities boosted in each of the goods). The advantage of being in a fellowship is you can stop producing your non boosted goods and trade for the things you need. With all members producing each good at boosted levels and trading away their excess, this leaves you with more space/culture/population for other things.

So, in a fellowship with several later chapter folks and big cities, balance will matter less for you. For a smaller younger figuring-it-out-together-as-we-go fellowship, find one that is low on your boosted goods. You will be VERY welcome and trading for what you need will be easy peasy.