• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie question on fighter strength

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Perhaps I'm too focused on fighting.
In my 2nd city (started 1 year and a bit after my first one), I farmed resources for those first chapters, too. But, I built out my military more than in my 1st city and trained troops from the start. That way, when I got the promotions and larger squad size, etc, I had a good inventory of troops already trained. At that time, tourneys were really easy on troops as long as you had a low squad size, so I fought tourneys and negotiated the world map. Now, squad size is not in the formula for tourney difficulty, but you still significantly outnumber the enemy in the first 5-6 provinces. I think now, I'd negotiate the world map and fight those early tourney provinces/rounds unless it looked like I would lose more troops than I could easily replace for those first few chapters; I'd cater when I reached that point.
I just think it's nuts that fighting is so difficult in the beginning. Maybe it's their way of trying to limit the provinces you can complete (thus discouraging over scouting since that can cause unexpected challenges down the road), but I still think that's the reason some players despise fighting and try to avoid it as much as possible.

Silver Lady

when I started this game, I didn't even train troops for the first several chapters unless it was for a quest.

Same here. After the first fight or two it was just lambs to the slaughter! So I focused on doing the research, declined the military quests that could be declined, and waited until sometime in chapter 4 before I worried too much about fighting. I probably cater @ 60% of the time and fight the other 40%. Unlike @samidodamage I only auto-fight because I play on a tablet and that’s my only option, and this means I probably loose a few more troops than she does.

Arcturis2

In other games I've played, you get attacked almost as soon as you appear on the map. They grant you a few days immunity but after that, you're fair game. You have to join a really strong alliance, which of course you can't do when they have power requirements.

Arcturis2

Thanks @samidodamage. Because if the other games I've played, which were a lot more bloodthirsty, I started building an army right away. I thought I needed to expand so I've bought diamonds (once) to negotiate with surrounding territories so I could expand. I'm pretty built up now but I have to keep expanding because I don't have room for my magic academy

Arcturis2

@Silver Lady, I've played that and several others like it. I played Final Fantasy a new kingdom or something for the longest. The only reason I stayed was because I was in a really good alliance.