• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There is a new 36 quest Event that started in Beta today, running from 16 - 28 August, with two nice buildings as prize.

39266554_10212286281572816_5031780042414227456_n.jpg

Read all about it here: https://tinyurl.com/ycd9pfs5

:)

DeletedUser3468

It's about time we had a quest that requires giving neighborly help!!! I'm so glad to see this on the new event. Should have been done a long time ago. Maybe it will encourage those Fellowship members who like to play and do events but not visit to actually do a bit more helping! (not gonna hold my breath waiting though! :cool:)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
NEW FELLOWSHIP ADVENTURES STARTS ON THURSDAY 6 SEPTEMBER IN BETA WORLD - THAT MEANS PROBABLY A WEEK LATER FOR THE REST OF US.

40621970_10212396100438219_6393611264559415296_n.jpg

Dear Humans and Elves,

On Thursday, September 6th we will start a new round of Fellowship Adventures on Beta! There won't be any new things to test this time, just an extra incentive for anyone who wishes to participate. A change in the quest system is still Work in Progress. We know about the feedback around this and are working on it, but we're not there yet :)

Of course we'd love to hear all your feedback in our Feedback Thread and the bugs you'd find, in our Bugs Report section!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
A change in the quest system is still Work in Progress. We know about the feedback around this and are working on it, but we're not there yet :)
I wonder what the time ratio is..... time for some napkin math:
Last FA we got the "next" button on mobile which we had to click 14 times in order to repeat a quest.
A "previous" button would reduce that by 13 clicks.
For simplicity let's say 13 clicks takes 10 seconds.
10 seconds x 1000 badges x 20 countries x 3 worlds per country = 166 hours of extra clicking for the top 100 FS on all servers.

So, is it worth it for a developer/coder at Inno games to skip a coffee break and change the "Next" button to a "previous" button?

• [*]the average servers per region is 3 - I have no idea how many total servers there are worldwide, but 60 seems reasonable.
    [*]the top 100 FS did about the same on each server as they did on US2-- but I still heavily rounded down on how many badges the top 100 did altogether based on scores.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Pretty much anybody in Amuni chapter has no chance of building any shanty town to speak of. Having a FA is just ridiculous right now.

Actually I disagree. I have being wondering if the volume of FA's is to force a rotation of those in the top fellowships due to them taking breaks. For example those at end of tech tree had a big amount of space to dedicate to previous FA's, now they don't, so another fellowship has more of a chance. Doing the basic 3 prizes is normally pretty simple and can be done with minimal effort.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have being wondering if the volume of FA's is to force a rotation of those in the top fellowships due to them taking breaks.
A nice theory, but I doubt Inno is thinking about it all that much. Much more likely imo is that the FA is simply filler. No new storyline, graphics, programming etc. Nothing is required from the developers at all, effectively giving them 2 weeks off to work on the next event or whatever.

rvtdragon1

Well, how about they give us nothing for a while. Let those starting Amuni get a good start on it. Let the rest of us have a break. Would there really be any outcry if there were no FA foisted on us right now?

IMO, I think if INNO said there would be no FA's until the system has been revamped there would be cheers and a bit of excitement that something new might be coming. Antici....

Risen Malchiah

I've said it before but I'll ask again (as futile as it is) for Inno to not run FA at all until the UI is properly fixed to not cause carpal tunnel. Seriously, it's been a *year* since we've asked for these changes. o_O

And I haven't forgotten that we were originally teased a "combat path." I still want that. And god no, please don't let it be simply a "solve encounters" badge. That's not a combat path.

Status
Not open for further replies.