• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There are some nice changes coming soon (now in Beta Server) that will help with Scouting:

Dear Humans and Elves,
Today's update includes the following content:
On the World Map, you will now find a new button that will open a window showing your World Map progress: Show Provinces Overview.

province_overview_button.png

"Scoutable" tab
The new window has two tabs. The first tab shows an overview of all your scoutable Provinces, including the most important information about a province (including direction as seen from your city, distance, type, and difficulty). From this tab, you can immediately start a scout, or you can navigate to the Province on the World Map.

province_overview.png

"Incomplete" tab
The second tab shows a list of all Provinces that you have scouted, but that have not yet been completed. You can also navigate to the Province from here. This will take you right into the Province for you to start completing Encounters.

province_overview2.png

The Province Overview button is also available within a Province, so you can use it to switch between Provinces without having to go back to the World Map first.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Does anybody know how many expansions are available with the new chapter. FS is discussing because of the map provinces thing we don't know.

So far all anyone has said is one new one from scouting and two in research and two new premium. A lot more space than that was added around the city, so maybe they will give us more for scouting eventually, or maybe it will just be five total new expansions per chapter from now on.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I didn't have much luck on a search, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned what I consider an important thing about the new chapter. if you don't have 400 provinces complete, you won't be able to enter it. So everyone who stopped scouting when they hit the top end and sent their scout on furlough might want to wake their scouts up again and send them off to earn their supplies

Deleted User - 3932582

I didn't have much luck on a search, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned what I consider an important thing about the new chapter. if you don't have 400 provinces complete, you won't be able to enter it. So everyone who stopped scouting when they hit the top end and sent their scout on furlough might want to wake their scouts up again and send them off to earn their supplies
That's a good point. In fact, you didn't even had to stop scouting - if you moved fast and have finished recently you may still be short. I scouted non-stop throughout the whole game and was still short about 25 provinces at completion. And it might be a lot of time boosts to fast forward that much of a shortfall.

Socrates28

There are some nice changes coming soon (now in Beta Server) that will help with Scouting:

Dear Humans and Elves,
On the World Map, you will now find a new button that will open a window showing your World Map progress: Show Provinces Overview.

"Scoutable" tab
The new window has two tabs. The first tab shows an overview of all your scoutable Provinces, including the most important information about a province (including direction as seen from your city, distance, type, and difficulty). From this tab, you can immediately start a scout, or you can navigate to the Province on the World Map.

province_overview.png

"Incomplete" tab
The second tab shows a list of all Provinces that you have scouted, but that have not yet been completed. You can also navigate to the Province from here. This will take you right into the Province for you to start completing Encounters.

province_overview2.png

The Province Overview button is also available within a Province, so you can use it to switch between Provinces without having to go back to the World Map first.

I can't wait to get this into live worlds. It will save me a ton of time and effort in deciding what and where to scout.

Black watch

Dear Humans and Elves,

"Scoutable" tab

province_overview.png

"Incomplete" tab

province_overview2.png

Thank you for this information. It is a very helpful post.
It's not the scouting I would have liked to see however. I was hoping for a scouting window during fighting. That would help save a lot of time.
I'm just about through with hoping though.
Thanks again for taking the time to show us this... :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It also wasn't feature complete when it dropped. they've changed a couple of things since then (like adding features to the new AWs), And not many players would have hit the final tech in the chapter on day one, so some features haven't even had two weeks of testing yet,

Deleted User - 3932582

It also wasn't feature complete when it dropped. they've changed a couple of things since then (like adding features to the new AWs), And not many players would have hit the final tech in the chapter on day one, so some features haven't even had two weeks of testing yet,
Have they even added the quest line? It was not there at the start...

The Unbeliever

‘The Shivering Tale of Dr Freakenspleen’ is a new Halloween 32 quest mini-event, running in Beta from 14th - 23rd October 2019.

Feel free to check out all the event info in our Event Note, and share it with friends and fellowsip
https://tinyurl.com/y26su4la

72576096_10214951899371595_3868232161651851264_n.jpg
And everyone, please take note that apparently you will absolutely NEED those high leveled Workshops (and almost certainly T1 Goods) buildings for this mini event quest line!!

So, don't waste any of your teleport spells once the current dumpster fire event is over, since it's confirmed that Inno forcing us to build our cities only in their way for us is here to stay. :(

Alistaire

And everyone, please take note that apparently you will absolutely NEED those high leveled Workshops (and almost certainly T1 Goods) buildings for this mini event quest line!!

So, don't waste any of your teleport spells once the current dumpster fire event is over, since it's confirmed that Inno forcing us to build our cities only in their way for us is here to stay. :(
Cool, good to know. The main building from it isn't that hot anyway, so good to know not to bother with the event entirely.

DeletedUser22890

I know from reading the thread we've got to use a ton of sentients. What about the other little things we collect - mana, orcs, divine seeds. Does the need for these rise significantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.