• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi Dave

This just goes to show what can be achieved with the minimum of fuss, bother and drama - no spreadsheets; no countdown threads, just 'individual balancing' - and plenty of team spirit!
But that's with 4d left so really doesn't have much meaning - yet. In Winyandor, the last FA winner was 54th in FS ranking with 91100 points in the FA. 2nd place was 56450 and 10th was 40100. No way to beat that 1st place team when they really kick it. In last 8 FAs they were either 1st or 2nd.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
But that's with 4d left so really doesn't have much meaning - yet. In Winyandor, the last FA winner was 54th in FS ranking with 91100 points in the FA. 2nd place was 56450 and 10th was 40100. No way to beat that 1st place team when they really kick it. In last 8 FAs they were either 1st or 2nd.
Both your statement and @Jackluyt's statement can be true though. Yes, with 4d left, no lead is really safe, but you can also hit really crazy FA scores with no planning.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The final result of the Fellowship Adventures that just ended in Beta Server. In the absence of many of the big hitter groups, some of whom were lacking players, we made first place easily with a minimum of fuss and no drama, using just 'individual balancing'; no spreadsheets or count-down threads - and no bossiness or bullying!

312159561_10221815245430957_7493206583026958981_n.jpg

Unless they make changes to the version that we expect ±17th November in Live Worlds, the main 'limit items' will be Coins and Bracelets.

Read all about the FA we just finished here: https://tinyurl.com/bdf276vm

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
The final result of the Fellowship Adventures that just ended in Beta Server. In the absence of many of the big hitter groups, some of whom were lacking players, we made first place easily with a minimum of fuss and no drama, using just 'individual balancing'; no spreadsheets or count-down threads - and no bossiness or bullying!

312159561_10221815245430957_7493206583026958981_n.jpg

Unless they make changes to the version that we expect ±17th November in Live Worlds, the main 'limit items' will be Coins and Bracelets.

Read all about the FA we just finished here: https://tinyurl.com/bdf276vm
Nice job!!!!!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
In Khelonaar that 91,100 score would have barely gotten them 2nd place by a margin of only 500 points. But they would still have been 40K behind the 1st place score of 131,300.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This just goes to show what can be achieved with the minimum of fuss, bother and drama - no spreadsheets; no countdown threads, just 'individual balancing' - and plenty of team spirit!
:) :p

311584811_10221749738433323_324888121254882822_n.jpg
I'm assuming that the reason I never see any of your images any more is that they are hosted on Facebook, and the Facebook container in Firefox is blocking them.

1667838686174.png

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I'm assuming that the reason I never see any of your images any more is that they are hosted on Facebook, and the Facebook container in Firefox is blocking them.

View attachment 13940
It is possible, because many of the original images are indeed hosted in Facebook - one has to post them somewhere, in order to get a link to use here on the Forum. But I can't see them either! - all the images I post here are visible for about a week and then it appears that some automatic gremlin in the Forum software eats them.
It is immensely frustrating, because i put lots and lots of effort into the graphics I create, in an attempt to share information with a wide audience - only to have them nuked after a few days.
I do wish they would fix this!!!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It is possible, because many of the original images are indeed hosted in Facebook - one has to post them somewhere, in order to get a link to use here on the Forum. But I can't see them either! - all the images I post here are visible for about a week and then it appears that some automatic gremlin in the Forum software eats them.
It is immensely frustrating, because i put lots and lots of effort into the graphics I create, in an attempt to share information with a wide audience - only to have them nuked after a few days.
Have you officially reported the problem? We all appreciate the work you do and the information you share. We would all benefit if the graphics stayed longer.

Myne

Oh Wise One
A workaround would be to save the image to your computer first and then post it, or do a screenshot??

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A workaround would be to save the image to your computer first and then post it, or do a screenshot??
The problem is that one has to have the graphic saved somewhere on the Internet, in order for the Forum to recognise the image address that one inserts. Facebook is the easiest place to plonk a picture, to get that address and present it to the Forum's program. I do not have any other internet websites.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Have you officially reported the problem? We all appreciate the work you do and the information you share. We would all benefit if the graphics stayed longer.
I have not officially reported it, though I have mentioned it several times on different Forums. I was hoping one of the Forum Moderators would see my comment and look into it.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.