• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It appears that what you get is too little for too much. I will try it out before I ignore it. The top level for tournament points to obtain goblets is 2,000. Looks like a diamond suck.
Well it is designed as a resource sink. 2000 tourny points is only for maximum goblets and not too hard considering 1,600 is gifted to people. Early days yet but like most things in this game I don't expect it to prevent free players from accessing it.

Edit: Read on beta the premium recipe items change each week. So no restriction on f2p players but they will need to plan for variety not just due to random recipes but random ingredient availability

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@elvenbee
If she has an early chapter city with the new tech tree, she may have unlocked crafting maybe? I'm not clear on the different research tree they've introduced to random new cities, so could be totally off-base here.

Regnad

These Cryomana,Cryoseeds etc, reduce decay by 5%. Does that mean that if my current decay is 7% it drops to 2% (7%-5%) or does it mean it drops to 6.65% (7%-(7%*0.05)?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ok so why does it only need 3 keys to open the chest, but I still have to do 4 quests. Perhaps this means some days will only have 3.

Maeryn

the season pass won‘t be completable by early chapter players they(inno) didn’t take into account that the new tech tree locks players out of something’s needed to complete quests nor what chapter your city is in. Giving an early chapter 2 city quests that require items that get unlocked in chapter 3 now is bad.

please bear in mind that I was spoiled the first season pass in a game I played from a much smaller gaming studio that gave an over abundance of season points for veteran players allowing the newer and f2p players a chance to reach the last prize. I don’t see that happening here it appears they are treating it like an event not a means to replace quests.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We will apply changes so that the quest won't appear for players without a Magic Academy.
Haha baby crackie has a Magic Academy, but it's idle more often than not because who has relics or CC to do anything with it? New tech tree = no access to tourney til chap 4 so they have to resort to maps. I get the new chap1-5 require less resources to get through, but it's still going to be weeks to months to get through.

Lady Dastardly

@Enevhar Aldarion you might know the answer to this based on comments you made on the Beta forum: Do you know if the Ice Mountain Troll and Giant's Hand came up as prizes when rerolling, or was it only the Frozen Orc Vortex and Frozen Fountain?

Based on the Q&A it sounds like the Giant's Hand is only available in the Grand prize path, and the Ice Mountain Troll only in the Royal prize pass.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Based on the Q&A it sounds like the Giant's Hand is only available in the Grand prize path, and the Ice Mountain Troll only in the Royal prize pass.

This is correct. If you want all four pieces of the set, you have to get to 300 presents on the normal Grand Prize path and spend the 1500 diamonds on the Royal Pass to get the piece at 240 presents. I just got to 260 presents in my Beta city, so completed the evolving building, but if I wanted the 2017 Winter Set, I would need another 40 presents, meaning I would need to spend about 3000-3500 diamonds for more keys, on top of the 1500 for the Royal Pass. This set is just not worth it, unless you have tons of spare diamonds to burn. One note is that I do buy the Royal Pass in each event on Beta because I get more than enough free diamonds there to do that, but another 3500 for the keys to get to 300 presents? That I cannot afford there.

The good thing is the better pieces are daily prizes. The Frozen Fountain, with zero extra links active, is still a top 10 mana producer and gives the same mana per square/per hour as a Burning Pool or Manta Ray. And the Frozen Orc Vortex is okay for orc production. So if you win, say 5 of each, and you set them up around your city in pairs for the one link on each, you will have really good mana production and good orc production.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.