• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next fellowship adventure

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Don't mean to question logic, but the devs may not skipp FA's just because there's an event going on, no matter how long that event. How about a little bit more evidence? I'd hate to be caught off guard based upon a single piece of (solid, though probably not perfect "proof") reasoning.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Don't mean to question logic, but the devs may not skipp FA's just because there's an event going on, no matter how long that event. How about a little bit more evidence? I'd hate to be caught off guard based upon a single piece of (solid, though probably not perfect "proof") reasoning.

AJ
Well, the icon for a fellowship adventure is usually in the exact same place on the screen as the icon for an event. That is not conclusive evidence but it would make it harder to do both at the same time.

Kekune

AJ
In the two years I've played, events have never run concurrently. My understanding is that this has always been the case, for as long as events have existed in elvenar. And there's no "skipping" FAs, as they're not on a (public, at least) schedule.

I'll accept that as a truth until it ceases to be true. Sure, anything could change, but it seems more logical to make decisions on long-standing patterns than on wild speculation about ways the devs might completely overhaul a system they've used for years.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

AJ

Beta has not had one, so there will be plenty of warning when another one is planned for us.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In the two years I've played, events have never run concurrently. My understanding is that this has always been the case, for as long as events have existed in elvenar. And there's no "skipping" FAs, as they're not on a (public, at least) schedule.

I'll accept that as a truth until it ceases to be true. Sure, anything could change, but it seems more logical to make decisions on long-standing patterns than on wild speculation about ways the devs might completely overhaul a system they've used for years.

I have been playing since shortly after the first event ever that the game had and I do not remember two events ever running at the same time either, events being FAs, Crafting Challenges, mini-events, and the big events.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Thanks all for the increase in reasons to believe the FA won't be for another month. I feel more assured.

AJ

Pheryll

Set Designer
I have been playing since shortly after the first event ever that the game had and I do not remember two events ever running at the same time either,

This actually did occur in May of 2018, where mobile ran a mini-event, while browser was doing an FA. It was revealed at that time that the quest tracker was capable of handling 6 quest slots, so the quest progress of mobile event + browser FA + regular quests were able to fill the six slots so all could be kept track of at once. Of course to complete the quest (press okay), you had to login in to mobile or browser corresponding to where the quest came from.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This actually did occur in May of 2018, where mobile ran a mini-event, while browser was doing an FA. It was revealed at that time that the quest tracker was capable of handling 6 quest slots, so the quest progress of mobile event + browser FA + regular quests were able to fill the six slots so all could be kept track of at once. Of course to complete the quest (press okay), you had to login in to mobile or browser corresponding to where the quest came from.

I remember that one and that people who only played on browser has no idea it was going on.

T6583

AJ
I’ve been playing since January 2017 and have never seen 2 events run at the same time. Also everything usually hits Beta first so we should have at least a week or two warning before one would occur here.

T6583

If I remember that correctly at that time mobile players didn’t have access to the FA so they ran a mini event just for mobile players. Only the players that played both mobile and browser actually really could play both at the same time.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If I remember that correctly at that time mobile players didn’t have access to the FA so they ran a mini event just for mobile players. Only the players that played both mobile and browser actually really could play both at the same time.
Correct. The mini-quest was only on mobile, the FA was only on browser. The quest tracker kept track of everything; even though you could not see FA progress from mobile, nor mini-quest progress from browser your actions would update the quest tracker. So, if you had set your browser FA quests to flacon and bracelet, then logged in to mobile and completed quests 11 and 12 (flacon and bracelet equivalent) and then logged in to browser you would see the FA quests completed.

T6583

@Pheryll That’s right. You could complete the quests for the other one bit just couldn’t see it until you changed between the two.
But since mobile now has access to the FA’s I doubt something like that would happen again.