• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

no scrolls or planks in trader

pwmarsh

So I took everyones advice and got rid of everything except my boosted goods. But my trader group seems messed up no-one seems to have some of the items and lots of us seem to have the same boosted items. It has greatly slowed down being able to go out on quests and moving forward in research. I have bought some stuff in the wholesaler but it is so expensive you can't buy enough to do much. Shouldn't the trader be more evened out with goods?

DeletedUser25004

Your trader only include trades from your neighborhood and your fellowship. So if there are not balance in the boosted goods among that player group it will look like that. in my area getting silk and crystal is pretty hard. The fastest way to change your available trades is to change fellowship. this works well if you dont have a very social group. but ofc if you will be sad to leave its not a very good solution.

DeletedUser2959

You will need to post your own trades for what you need if you never see other people offering trades.
This. So many players are just passive traders. Put up fair trades for what you need. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
And you will be so much better off now that you are only making boosted goods. It may not look like much now but the difference grows fast as you progress.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Shouldn't the trader be more evened out with goods?
You're not in a Fellowship; that's the biggest issue with your trader. We're full (atm), or I'd invite you!
A full FS gives you an additional 24 players (as long as you don't join one made up of neighbors) in your trader. FS members are like discovered neighbors, no trader fee. Most FS try to keep a balance in boosts between members, so you'll have goods other members need and they'll have the goods you need. I recommend looking for an FS that has a mix of player levels. Both of the FS I belong to have at least one member at end game waiting on Ch16 to be released, and still accept members in very early chapters, so have at least one member before guest races or just starting Dwarves (Ch6-that's where things slow down a bunch). And cities at various levels in between. I like it because the mix of cities means there's almost always someone who can help meet a need for goods; a quick post in chat that you need help with gaining some goods (ex: 'Trades posted. Need planks to go any further in the tourney; anybody around who can take those planks ones I'd appreciate it).
You're right next door to a neighbor with a large city who's a mage in the #26th ranked FS on Elcysandir. Their overview states they have a sister FS on the same world for more casual players. Everyone has a different definition for 'casual' and 'active', but what I'd do (and would want any small city that landed near my Ch15 city to do) is send a message to that neighbor indicating interest in their FS or their sister FS and open up a conversation.
Sometimes larger more established FS have requirements that you start in the smaller city FS and work up to the larger one. Usually there's a couple of larger cities in the smaller FS as well, just folks who aren't up to the activity level of the larger one for whatever reason. Also, a player like that is not going to be posting trades you can take (I mostly post 100K trades in my Ch15 city), but they may be 'clearing the trader' occasionally of all small fair trades. That's also why it's important that you post your own trades. Someone like that way outside your 'discovered' area has probably already 'discovered' you and will snap up your trades in any trader sweeps they do as well.

pwmarsh

Thanks for the information, I have been looking at FS trying to narrow down ones to apply to. I didn't realize that you could be in more than 1 fellowship.

NightshadeCS

Thanks for the information, I have been looking at FS trying to narrow down ones to apply to. I didn't realize that you could be in more than 1 fellowship.
You can't be in more than one fellowship at a time, but you can change fellowships if the one you join is not working for you. Just be careful that you don't change too often, as the game will impose a waiting period on you.

Also, I want to reiterate one important point that was brought up above. Don't worry about finding the trades you want. Place trades often, and increase them to three star if they are not being taken quickly.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I didn't realize that you could be in more than 1 fellowship
You can't be in more than one FS, but there are several FS's that are 'sister' fellowships. What happens sometimes is older FS still have turnover, but it's usually just one or 2 slots open. They take on new players who stop playing early in the game. They have to expel that member, then recruit another, rinse and repeat. Recruiting is hard and frustrating. So, they decide a few members will form a sister FS (usually the same name with #2 added) and recruit the new players with small cities there. Also, large cities that need a break from high activity (real life kicks in, lol) can go there and then come back to the larger one when they have more time. It's usually a great place to learn. The original FS concentrates on recruiting larger cities. As small cities in the sister FS grow and want more challenges, they can move to the bigger city FS when there's an opening and they'll already know some of the members from the back and forth. There's usually way more turnover in the smaller city FS as again, that's where new players go first.

shimmerfly

Put up fair trades for what you need. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Good advice I try to put up trades every day before I log off. By morning they are taken and I look in the trader 3 times per day when I can and take a few.
If you offer trades in the correct tiers and they're fair then you create a good habit too.
And ( a little off subject but...) @samidodamage you always give such good advice! Thank you for your explanaions throughout my time playing!

Edited for fumble fingers (twice!)