• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Non-boosted Goods

• Thread starter Deleted User - 312108
  • Start date

Deleted User - 312108

Please make it so that non-boosted goods are not required to progress. This will encourage players to actively trade in and out of fellowships.
Players who still want to be able to build every manufactury will be able to do so, but others will not be required to spend points on the non-boosted goods to progress through the research tree.

DeletedUser594

If you have a fellowship with a balanced distribution of boosts and active trade you don't have to buy any goods . The idea of having one boost but needing all goods is the driving force behind trade and fellowships. I'm afraid your idea would make trade worse.

Deleted User - 312108

Okay to clarify, I do not mean that non-boosted goods aren't required for building etc.
But on the research tree - if your boosted good is planks, you do not need to learn steel and marble to learn boosted good planks.
I think this would actively encourage players to focus on their boosted goods and encourage MORE trading rather than less. This was why it was posted under Research. Sorry that it wasn't clarified in the body.

DeletedUser61

There's a tradeoff regarding the non-boosted building quests.
  • In favor: Offering an incentive for building EACH type of manufacturing building, of which two will be unboosted, is a very elegant way to present a complex challenge that requires Space, Workers, Culture, Coins, Supplies, and possibly some Goods. And you MIGHT even want to hang on to the building for a while, until your trading situation stabilizes. While the building itself may be "wasted" the associated infrastructure can be repurposed.
  • Against: It's poor pedagogy to train folks to do something that they ought not be doing.
I actually come down in favor of the elegant quests, although I would prefer that the text were far more alarming, and made it quite clear that you'll probably want to delete the non-boosted manufacturing facility sooner, rather than later.

Deleted User - 312108

Thanks BobbyKitty, I saw that one, but I wanted to address it from the research tree angle and not just the quest tree & building angle.
Right now it doesn't seem to allow us to specialize, everyone has to have everything :)

DeletedUser1334

There's a tradeoff regarding the non-boosted building quests.
  • In favor: Offering an incentive for building EACH type of manufacturing building, of which two will be unboosted, is a very elegant way to present a complex challenge that requires Space, Workers, Culture, Coins, Supplies, and possibly some Goods. And you MIGHT even want to hang on to the building for a while, until your trading situation stabilizes. While the building itself may be "wasted" the associated infrastructure can be repurposed.
  • Against: It's poor pedagogy to train folks to do something that they ought not be doing.
I actually come down in favor of the elegant quests, although I would prefer that the text were far more alarming, and made it quite clear that you'll probably want to delete the non-boosted manufacturing facility sooner, rather than later.

i build destroy and start building the next stage or that i need room all the time, one reason is the cost of exploration and time to explore, not that the provinces are bigger....one would think that if you are researching dwarf teechs that your scouts woulld be almost in stealth mode and you do get a percentage back an example, population and culture