• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Non declinable quest in Elements

Tehya1

In my biggest city, I am in elements. My boosted T1 is steel, but I have a quest that I cannot decline that requires me to build a non boosted goods man. (planks) to lvl 16. Is this what players do in this ch? Do you build it and keep it to produce the other sentient good that isn't based on your boosted T1? Has this quest always been there and has it always been non- declinable?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If your boosted T1 is steel, your boosted sentient (S1)will be Tree Gum that comes from planks factories that have been upgraded to lvl 24+. You can see this in your main hall:
MainHallrelics.png
That's from my city that is also boosted in steel for T1. Notice that the planks relics are what is used for the Tree Gum boost. You won't be able to upgrade all the way until you research the factory upgrades at the beginning of Elementals. Your sentient boost won't kick in until you research the Tree Gum boost (in the next column after the factory research).
You absolutely do not want to make Moonstone! If planks are a poor choice for a steel boosted city, moonstone would be worse than that compared to tree gum. Those productions require seeds that are way too precious to throw away like that.

Tehya1

Ohh. I wish we knew this from the beginning. Upgrading 1 planks man over time is a lot easier than slamming one to lvl 16 to get through that stupid quest! LOL

So I will need that one man from now on, I take it. Do I need just one?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ohh. I wish we knew this from the beginning. Upgrading 1 planks man over time is a lot easier than slamming one to lvl 16 to get through that stupid quest! LOL

So I will need that one man from now on, I take it. Do I need just one?

Just keep upgrading it until it is level 24 because there are also quests requiring it to be level 18 and 20 and 22 and 24. In chapter 13 you need to do the same with a tier 2 good and in chapter 14 it will be a tier 3 good.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Tehya1
I got by with just one of the S1 factories for Ch11, but now I have 2. I also play through the chapters slowly, so that might impact how many you need. I don't remember at which chapter I needed the 2nd. I needed 2 each of the S2/S3 when I first started producing those goods. The good news was that I needed fewer of the T1/2/3 factories so that made some room. As I have gotten event bldgs, etc that make those regular goods, I've reduced my regular goods factories to zero for the most part. I have them in inventory and have put them out selectively if I started needing more of them. I'm a predominately fighting city, so I don't have the demand for goods in tourney/spire, either, so there's that.
My playstyle for building sentient factories: Over the course of the chapter I was 'in' I built the factories I'd need for the next chapter. I teleported them in and out as I needed their space for current stuff and worked on them when I could free up the space. Again, having the resources available to upgrade was less of a challenge since demands on my goods are so low.

Tehya1

@samidodamage thanks so much for the advice! I will make 2 and start the other T2 and T3 man's now.

I am working toward being a predominantly fighting city except that I prefer to cater the tourney, at least for now. It costs less and I can fly through the provinces a lot quicker. I have way too many cities lol