• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Number of Provinces

Jorollyn

Is there an easier way to determine the number of each type of province that you have completed other than to look at your world map and physically count them?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Since there are only so many types of provinces (9 I believe), and they are pretty evenly distributed across the map, if you know the total number of provinces yo've done, you can just divide it by 9 (or however many there are) and get very close count....though not perfect as you could have if you counted them physically, since it may be that you didn't explore in a uniform manner).

AJ

Yogi Dave

Even if you explore your world in an even manner (one ring at a time), the number of each province type is not one ninth. There is a thread someplace with an equation for how many provinces in a ring, but the exact number depends on where in the repeating grid you were placed.

If in a tourney, you reach the end of provinces you are allowed to complete, you have your answer, but I suspect, that is what you want to know before the tourney starts.

I guess the bottom line is, there isn't an easy way to do more than approximate. Yes, @ajqtrz, there are 9 province types

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are also only nine possible boost combinations in the game, even though with nine province types, there could be many more, so there should only be nine possible answers to this. But I do not think anyone has ever done the very tedious work of counting it out. And yes, it varies a bit. In my smaller Beta server city, I counted mine up after completing the 130 needed to get into chapter 7, and of the nine types, I had amounts ranging from 12 to 17 of each.

Edit: I just finished completing the last of the Ring 8 provinces, giving me a total of 144. Divide that by 9 and you would have 16, but because of the way the provinces are distributed on the map, I have a range of between 14 and 18 for each type.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
So the formula of total/9 works, but the variance is at least plus or minus 2 at least out to the 8th ring. I'll bet the smaller the ring count the greater the variance and by the time you get to ring 12 or so the variance will be 1. It's just a guess, but I sometimes like guessing.

AJ