• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Offer an alternate method to acquire the 6th piece of the Forbidden Ruins set.

I feel the 6th piece in the Forbidden Ruins set is extremely difficult to acquire. I'd like to see it offered as a prize in a subsequent event, Spire prize, or crafter option. Possibly even offer a Tome of Forbidden Ruins which could be converted into any of the pieces of that set. Maybe eventually do that for some of the legacy sets as well.

defiantoneks

id be interested to see what the actual percentage of players is that completes the set.
one peeve I have with the leagues system is the redundancy of the prize. you get the big prize because you spent currency and got to the top, and by doing so kindof by default already earned the prize. so now you get two while others get none.

defiantoneks

at least with evolving buildings, if you dont get the final one the event still produces a mostly useful building. without the last piece of a set, the entire event is pointless.

Iyapo1

at least with evolving buildings, if you dont get the final one the event still produces a mostly useful building. without the last piece of a set, the entire event is pointless.
Not getting the final piece is upsetting but does not negate the value of the other pieces of the set. It is still a little T3 powerhouse that provides blossoms. Getting the last piece is preferable...and even required for those who are after the mana production but for players below chapter 9....it is still a good set without the last piece.

Just to be clear, I really like this set and I will throw diamonds down to get a full set.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

even Gold wouldnt get u the 5th piece ....
Silver and Gold should let you pick the piece
for F.Ruins, like it does for Manor....

Then ppl might pay for it.;)

Iyapo1

not really, no CC that way......
since we can't earn multiples of MS set anymore, I thought that was
why we got 2 sets that gave CCs for all those with just 1 MS set.
Probably, but you can craft plenty of CCs in the MA using speedup timers if you tournament really hard(for relics). I do understand that prior to chapter 6 that is not really possible(not enough open tents) but even without the CC it is a sweet little set. For the record, I dropped diamonds and got at least 1 extra T3 producer in all cities and an extra mana producer in 1 city. I also used my Sorceries from leagues to get even more Pilgrim's mana producers(I am in chapter 9, mana is king). I adore the sets, every single piece, and would have been really sad to not get them all...but not for the CCs.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
not really, no CC that way......
since we can't earn multiples of MS set anymore, I thought that was
why we got 2 sets that gave CCs for all those with just 1 MS set.
If you're using a 6x7 area solely for the purpose of getting 1 CC a day, that seems hardly worth it. :confused: I'm getting so much T3 from the set that I was able to store a gem manufactory, which gave me back 790 people and in turn allowed an upgrade each to all my silk and marble manufactories. That has nothing to do with the catalysts and seems quite worth it to me. The blossom units, which you get without the last piece, have also allowed me to train fewer priests, saving me time and supplies. Again, very useful.

BrinDarby

For the record, I dropped diamonds
Yeah, I'm not happy I did too, but Silver was barely over 260... easy pickens.
I paid 5k diamonds, 500 of that was for 1 pt... but got Silver on all 3 worlds.
1 of my 3, got super lucky and didn't have to pay, the other 2 paid thru nose.

Don't get me wrong, both Manor and Ruins are good sets, almost too good...
so getting an xtra piece of each was desireable.... too bad they both weren't
selectable.

The reason why they are so powerfull is they always give 1 tier of goods, and
do not chg as you go up chapters... So like my main city joined right before
AirTraders .... and those 3 sets are a trifecta.... all 3 give 1 tier, always/forever.
Manor- T1 , A.Traders- T2 , F.Ruins- T3.

When you look at an early CH player, even with a MS set ( 7/8 CC/week ) in
a FS that earns them another 14 CCs/week. Having even 1 , let alone 2 more
sets that give a CC really makes a huge difference. Since the limit is 1 set
of Moonestone now, the best part to a newer player is the CC.... and to dangle
a set thats not completeable when you do all the tasks is demoralizing to
such players, especially if that includes a free CC every day.

Edit : lets face it, its a set, the point is to have 1 of each piece.

Last edited: