• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Old Player Looking to Come Back

ekarat

Hi. I'm an old player who got to the end of content and stopped about 1-2 years ago (after Constructs were released, but before the Spire was). Now, there are a couple more chapters, and I'm looking to come back.

Any tips?

Also, any active Fellowships have any spots for an old player who was used to pulling their weight in 10-chest Fellowships? (I might need a week or two to get up to full speed, though.)

Kekune

Any tips?
So you're starting ch15? Be prepared for extreme costs in sentient goods, esp. t6.

And the spire is fun, but costly. Once you adjust to the costs, it's very rewarding. Magic buildings and diamonds are the best, but crafting supplies and other goodies are also useful.

ekarat

So you're starting ch15? Be prepared for extreme costs in sentient goods, esp. t6.

And the spire is fun, but costly. Once you adjust to the costs, it's very rewarding. Magic buildings and diamonds are the best, but crafting supplies and other goodies are also useful.

I left before the spire was on live, and reports from beta were not so great.

I may hold off for a week, since I'm building up my stockpile of magic, seeds, and sentient goods from scratch (due to decay).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
WB! There's been a few QOL improvements like the FA quests, fast browser visits, tournament encounter reduction from 4 to 1 etc

As others mentioned, the spire is great now, but it is an investment that pays off. The gates take 7, 9 & 12 hours to open which sounds like a lot, but I do it all in one day by using timer instants and still make a profit because the rewards include far more timers than I spend.
My personal strategy is to fight and use the 5-day military buildings for double effect (put them down on Friday, clear spire, then clear again on Sunday in new spire) but even if you cater, if you get into a gold spire FS (strongly recommended) you win guaranteed diamonds every week that can make up for some catering re-rolls.

I also want to second what @Kekune said and suggest that you ramp up T6 production. I had one in chapter 14, I have 6 now:eek:
The new teleport spell(from the spire rewards) means that you don't have to commit to factories anymore- put some T1-3 factories back into your inventory and place a total of 6xT6, then when you're done with em flip it back.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Welcome Back.
I'm sure if you advertise as player looking for fellowship you will get snapped up.

Constructs chapter. Go to ElvenStats, load your own city using player in the top right, Me just below that. Then use the green update button and export your city to the Architect.
ElvenGems lists several types of layouts for the set buildings, try to build 3 or 4 sets. https://elvengems.com/constructs-preview

Late in the chapter start adding more Sentient factories, you will need lots for the next chapter which has some awesome troop upgrades.

ekarat

Okay, I'm now in the Elvenar chapter. (I finished constructs before I left, but the Elvenar chapter wasn't out yet. When I came back, I had no sentients to pay for scouts.)

Now, I need to demolish a ton of old buildings, but I'm looking for suggestions on what to demolish (especially sets). The level 1 workshops and factories are temporary for the event. I can't build more factories unless I know what to demolish to make room for it. I also have precisely 1 teleport spell that I need to use wisely.

bkbajb

I took a year off and was pleasantly surprised by the changes and I am glad to be back. A lot of learning to do but that does not take too long. Good Luck and welcome back