• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

One Super Dee Duper Spire Tip

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I thought I'd start a thread so each of us could give our very best one-sentence spire tip, either fighting or negotiating. My fs is going to be starting spire pushes to get to gold, and I want to be able to give them the best advice I can. I have a few favorites, which may be yours too, but I figured if each of us contributed one per post (additional posts from players welcome if they think of another good one), then we'd be able to compile a succinct list of the best spire tips. Please preface your tip with "Negotiating" or "Fighting." Thank you!

Negotiating: If you have five or more goods and don't get at least one "nobody needs it" on the first try, withdraw and try again.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Sometimes, even if you know one item is needed, it's better to skip using it in the 2nd round so you eliminate more goods by betting the other unknowns in that round instead.

Example: Skipped using Silk in Round 2 even though someone needs it in order to eliminate Gems and Elixir. Otherwise you go into Round 3 without enough data on Elixir or Gems since there are 4 possibilities and only 3 slots.
5a-2.jpg

5a-3.jpg

Darielle

Sometimes, even if you know one item is needed, it's better to skip using it in the 2nd round so you eliminate more goods by betting the other unknowns in that round instead.

Example: Skipped using Silk in Round 2 even though someone needs it in order to eliminate Gems and Elixir. Otherwise you go into Round 3 without enough data on Elixir or Gems since there are 4 possibilities and only 3 slots.

I like that one; I need to use it more often.

BrinDarby

@crackie ,
It was adventagous tho that Turn2 you picked the order you did.
had you picked Coins, Elixer, Gems ... Sure #2 wouldda been right,
and #3 was a lock for Silk , but you still wouldda had a 50/50 on
the last one, rather than the "lock" you had on #3 in your example.

It was critical that you chose coins for the 3rd unknown, rather than
for the 1st unknown. Can you elaborate if that was part of your thought
process, or did you just get lucky you chose the correct order for #2 ???

Your Tip tho is spot on ...
Sometimes not choosing something so you gain more information.

Huor

If you fight, consider not fighting as much on the first floor as negotiations are easier and smaller and save more troops for the second floor.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It was critical that you chose coins for the 3rd unknown, rather than for the 1st unknown. Can you elaborate if that was part of your thought
process, or did you just get lucky you chose the correct order for #2 ???
The two I know are still needed (yellow) are Silk and Coins. I know I have to skip one. So whether I picked to use Coins or Silk, the known item I am using needs to go into slot #3 because it's the spirit I currently have zero information on (red). If it's wrong on slot #3, I would know where it goes in the next round because I would have 2 yellows for that item in previous clues so it can only go to the spirit that's left. For example, if Coin was used in slot #3 and was wrong, it can only be Coins for slot #1 (as shown in picture). If Silk was used in slot #3 and was wrong, it can only be Silk in slot #2. Therefore, by round 3 of guessing, you know for sure where it goes and only have 2 spirits left. One of those spirits has to be the other Coin/Silk. That becomes a binary choice as it goes to the Spirit you didn't previously offer that item to yet. Now you have 1 spirit left. If you guessed right on Elixir/Gems, it's solved. If you were wrong on Elixir/Gems, it's the other of the two Elixir/Gems. Puzzle is solved. If it's neither Elixir/Gems, it's a binary choice for Silk/Coins. Puzzle is solved.

getmomo

If you fight, consider not fighting as much on the first floor as negotiations are easier and smaller and save more troops for the second floor.

I actually always fight the first floor as it is easy enough that I don't loose many troops and cater more on the second floor to save troops for fighting the third floor.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If a player is combat oriented and is planning on using 5 day military buildings, wait until Tuesday to start the spire. This way you can place the buildings then and you will have them until the end of the tournament. If you place these buildings when the spire starts, they will expire before the tournament finishes. It also means that you can do both the tournament and the spire on the same Fire Phoenix feedings, which will reduce pet food usage. This does mean that it is very likely it will be necessary to time boost a few spire gates in order to reach the top in time. But I feel a few time boosts are a small price to pay for having full benefit of the 5 day buildings for both tournament and spire.

Please note that this strategy might not be necessary for late game players with a high level Time Warp. With a good TW, it becomes possible to do the entire tournament so fast that the buildings expiring Friday if placed when the Spire opens is no longer an issue.

Last edited:

Darielle

I actually always fight the first floor as it is easy enough that I don't loose many troops and cater more on the second floor to save troops for fighting the third floor.
I'm the same way. The first floor is so fall-down easy to fight that it seems a good way to save goods. The fights are so much harder on the second floor that I almost always cater it, unless I have a bunch of 5-days out for a tourney push. Then again, the caters are harder too on the second floor ... but they're also more fun to win. I sometimes cater and sometimes fight the third floor, depending upon the situation. I have catered the big boss without diamonds, so it can be done and it sure is a thrill. :)

Both our way and Huor's seem like they would work, though. I guess it depends upon a person's preference.

Darielle

If a player is combat oriented and is planning on using 5 day military buildings, wait until Tuesday to start the spire. This way you can place the buildings then and you will have them until the end of the tournament. If you place these buildings when the spire starts, they will expire before the tournament finishes. It also means that you can do both the tournament and the spire on the same Fire Phoenix feedings, which will reduce pet food usage. This does mean that it is very likely it will be necessary to time boost a few spire gates in order to reach the top in time. But I feel a few time boosts are a small price to pay for having full benefit of the 5 day buildings for both tournament and spire.

Please note that this strategy might not be necessary for late game players with a high level Time Warp. With a good TW, it becomes possible to do the entire tournament so fast that the buildings expiring Friday if placed when the Spire opens is no longer an issue.
Good tip, although I admit I love my time warp. It's not too high yet ... but cutting 4 hours off of each wait still helps tremendously.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Good tip, although I admit I love my time warp. It's not too high yet ... but cutting 4 hours off of each wait still helps tremendously.
Totally! Mine cuts nearly 6 hours off right now. It is enough to make the tournament very easy to fit in. But not good enough to make the really fancy tricks like doing 2 weeks of tournament on 1 set of 5 day buildings possible. I'd have to push it to near max level to for this. And honestly I think I can benefit more RIGHT NOW from leveling other AWs. So for the time being I'm parking my Timewarp at level 11 and working on other stuff.

able99

If you cater a lot, make sure you have enough Coins and Tools before entering the Spire.
It will save you from running out in middle of negotiations, when you could have easily used Coin or Tool instance.

Darielle

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm going to put together a tutorial for my fellowship before our first spire push. :)

Darielle

Darielle you might consider a link to minmax gamers youtube channel. If they go to his playlist it is pretty easy to pick out the spire tutorials that apply. Minmax tutorials are my number 1 tip.
I have tried that one; I do things a bit differently than he does but you're right; it's a good tool. Thank you lyapo; you are such an asset to this forum.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm going to put together a tutorial for my fellowship before our first spire push. :)
Do you have the spire perk and have you had time to fill the bank full of points? If your fellowship is about to try your first spire push, extra points might make a big difference.