• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Opinions on a set

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I have the chess set, I'm in Chapter 15. I'm not sure it's worth the real estate. What does everyone think? I'm ambivalent because of investing so much into getting it. Ya know, it was shiny and new and I just had to have it, but now I'm thinking that the rewards aren't with the space.

Lady Dastardly

Here are the current stats for your set:
ChapterCultureSuppliesCoinsSeedsSeeds per squareManaMana per squareKP
Abbot11103011200
Rook121680213500
Knight131540910303
King1437001100018331

I don't feel like it's worth the space, especially where you are in the game. Two of the bldgs give coins and supplies, neither of which are an issue for me in Ch. 15. In fact, I frequently have to bleed those off buying KP or goods. If you primarily cater, your needs might be higher than mine as a fighter though. The Knight looks like a good seed producer, and the same can be said for the King and mana, if you look at their production per square based solely on their individual bldg size, as I did above. However, since you *need* the other 2 bldgs to get the link bonuses, the set is actually taking up 16 squares, significantly dropping the efficiency. If you calculate it that way, you're only getting 56 seeds and 687 mana per square. (This is just how I look at it based on the lack of value I feel those other 2 bldgs provide for my playstyle.) If you brought them up to Ch. 15 it would look a tiny bit better, but that would require more expense recrafting them or using RR's, and I would still say it's not worth it.

It is really cool looking and I can totally understand keeping it just for that. I always enjoying seeing it in other player's cities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I keep the set in my inventory, to get it out of the way of military buildings showing up to craft, but I have not had it out in my city since maybe chapter 12 or 13, and I am in 20 now. The main exception I see to using it is if someone were early in chapter 9 or 11 and wanted it for the mana and/or seeds. It is too bad that one of the pieces does not give orcs.