• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Opinions requested How many Orc and Mana -- Read for more

Dew Spinner

Why more armories? How does that help? More orcs for orc strategists?
I've never understood why people have so many armories, since their usefulness diminishes after your queue is long enough.
Another reason is if your queues are Huge, like 60 hrs, you can feed your Brown Bear before collecting and get a Huge amount of troops.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@ Soggy Shorts. Do you think it is possible to box up your sentient manus and just rely on armories and the pyramid? I am only asking as I have 10 armories and the pyramid (level 6).
I mostly negotiate the spire and auto fight the tourny.
I was about to say yes, but then I saw that you negotiate the spire which changes my answer to "I have no idea". I would for sure track my start and end sentient stash for at least a week before making any drastic changes. Teleports make changes safer, and if your FS won't get broken should you fail to complete the spire then the risk is minimal though.
Hey @SoggyShorts you remember that thread where people were talking about troop production times and what increases it in which way and levels in buildings needed to get to just the right amount of time five queues of troops should take? You and I both posted in it, but my searching is not working.
I've had many such conversations, sorry. I know my calculator still works though:
www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc
It only lists barracks and needles, buy afaik flying academy+merc camp and victory spring+training grounds have the identical formula

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've had many such conversations, sorry. I know my calculator still works though:
www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc
It only lists barracks and needles, buy afaik flying academy+merc camp and victory spring+training grounds have the identical formula

Yep, all three training buildings at max level at end of chapter 17, with the three AWs at equal level to each other, results in training times per queue being identical in all three.

StarLoad

Well Taking baby steps to reductions and changes is the smart way to go.
Reduced the Sentient goods to 2:2:2 and will monitor the numbers for a month
Reduced the number of W/S from 8 to 5 and added the Magic W/S
Placed my Grounds of the Orcs back in game (9)
Place my Valorian Valors back in game (30)
Dropped several Wonders and still considering the ETC, EE and VS for removal

lost almost 100K in points and dont care

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

Endless Ex is an easy dumper IMHO, since the relic bonus is basically useless, and if supplies are actually an issue, then it's usually more of a 'bad city design' problem...

Victory Springs is honestly one I myself would never build at any point, since Light Melee are hot garbage in general, and the only troops I've ever found to be 'useful' from the Training Grounds are;
a) Puppies - only really useful vs. mage-heavy fights, and only until the much better Ranger is available... while their movement rate is insanely good, they are like all punchy units, massively prone to being 'terrain screwed' into heinous massacres.
b) Ork Boyz - "da choppy ladz is gud fer hummies 'cause dey iz all soft 'an pink, not green like uz... Boyz iz best fer krumpin' uvver soft gitz like sneaky thieves an dem weedy squig-houndz."
c) Ork Strats - "da shooty boyz is full of dakka fer killin' light dakka 'fings." (...but only until 3* Frogs unlock, because they nuke just about everything!:p)
Now Ork Strats can be gotten via the Grounds, which can be crafted without limits in the MA, though for hummie cities, there's as yet no way beyond the Brown Bear to generate 'free' Choppy Ladz.

...so overall, in the grand scheme of things, VS seems like another real dud AW since it boosts by far the least useful of the military producers, and gives an attack buff to the one troop type most people avoid like the plague.

On the other hand, ETC has always felt like a pretty solid AW, since it can massively extend the life of your MM spells, while also boosting their power, thus letting you run fewer factories, which means saving on pop + 'kulture' + supplies.
Plus, ETC can combo hilariously well with a fed Storm Chicken for even more goodies. :)

StarLoad

Endless Ex is an easy dumper IMHO, since the relic bonus is basically useless, and if supplies are actually an issue, then it's usually more of a 'bad city design' problem...

Victory Springs is honestly one I myself would never build at any point, since Light Melee are hot garbage in general, and the only troops I've ever found to be 'useful' from the Training Grounds are;
a) Puppies - only really useful vs. mage-heavy fights, and only until the much better Ranger is available... while their movement rate is insanely good, they are like all punchy units, massively prone to being 'terrain screwed' into heinous massacres.
b) Ork Boyz - "da choppy ladz is gud fer hummies 'cause dey iz all soft 'an pink, not green like uz... Boyz iz best fer krumpin' uvver soft gitz like sneaky thieves an dem weedy squig-houndz."
c) Ork Strats - "da shooty boyz is full of dakka fer killin' light dakka 'fings." (...but only until 3* Frogs unlock, because they nuke just about everything!:p)
Now Ork Strats can be gotten via the Grounds, which can be crafted without limits in the MA, though for hummie cities, there's as yet no way beyond the Brown Bear to generate 'free' Choppy Ladz.

...so overall, in the grand scheme of things, VS seems like another real dud AW since it boosts by far the least useful of the military producers, and gives an attack buff to the one troop type most people avoid like the plague.

On the other hand, ETC has always felt like a pretty solid AW, since it can massively extend the life of your MM spells, while also boosting their power, thus letting you run fewer factories, which means saving on pop + 'kulture' + supplies.
Plus, ETC can combo hilariously well with a fed Storm Chicken for even more goodies. :)
Thanks for a great explanation on why you feel as you do on the three Wonders.
Since I have more than enough FM and other seed producers and I only have 1 each of T1 and T2 and 2 Each of sentient mfg for now, I would say the ETC's value is much lower and closer to the EE

ekarat

Another reason is if your queues are Huge, like 60 hrs, you can feed your Brown Bear before collecting and get a Huge amount of troops.

Sadly, I was taking a break from the game for the 2 bear events, so I have none of them.
But that also means I'm unaware of why people do things like that.
Thank you for cluing me in!

ekarat

I was away too, but I got the bases. The polar bear unlike most pets is quite good even at level 1 especially when added to a timewarp.

I suspect the bases only appear in the MA in the fall, and I came back just after they were taken away again. I do not have any bear bases and I have never seen them in the MA in the past ~5 months.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I suspect the bases only appear in the MA in the fall, and I came back just after they were taken away again. I do not have any bear bases and I have never seen them in the MA in the past ~5 months.
That makes sense, I think I came back during the moonbear event so the bases were up along with conversion recipes

Deleted User - 1178646

It's that Spire catering that is the big question. I recommend taht you check your stash before and after this upcoming spire and see how your production holds up when you aren't blowing it on techs.

Personally, I think I'm going to remove ALL of my sentient buildings, add the Pyramid and a handful of orc nests and see what happens.
My 1:1:1 sentients put me at 350K, 140K, 200K which is way too much to just rot every night while those 3 factories are holding 40,000 pop and 3 expansions hostage.
Maybe I'll put the pop towards a few more armories too.

It's a nice extra but I would not rely to much on those orcs to sentient.
I have enough armories to make 50K orcs per day + level 30 piramid and still need to run 4 T4 and 2T6 factories + 1 T5 permanently boosted to 200%
I am not sure how many orc nest you plan and how many orcs it gives, but I run a lot of armouries and 100K sentient per day (lets say 33K t4 33K t5) and 33k t6) is like 3 offerings per type in the spire.

that is not much leeway if you need to negotiate in the spire.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Yep, I think only the Phoenix bases are permanently in the crafting rotation.

StarLoad

Yes I am doing that and can see right off that I am making too many seeds, use about 9000 per day and making well above that.