• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

optimal level of manufactories

Heymrdiedier

Hey,
did anyone ever try to calculate at what level each factory is optimal?
Judging from how much population upgrading T2 to max level cost, i cant help but think i might have been better off by not upgrading them but just building an extra factory.
I can only imagine the population requirement will only get worse for T3 factories, so im wondering.
Surely someone will have calculated allready what factory level takes up the least amount of space (including pop required etc). Would save me some work calculating it myself.

DeletedUser12171

I used to go for quantity rather than quality (level of factories). Later on, I discovered that having less but leveling them up to max is better. You save space (most importantly), population and culture that way. I haven't calculated the raw numbers but that's what I found works for me

DeletedUser2207

I played around with a the numbers a bit a few months ago, using Elementals residences, culture and roads, and steel factories, but ignoring supplies to run the factories

I found that level 19 was the most efficient, assuming all population came from standard residences and all culture came from Cafe Masquerade and roads, BUT improvements to culture and/or population density made a difference - so pop/cult and culture event buildings, golden abyss, mountain halls, diamond buildings, etc would all push that level up (it kind of sticks at level 23/24, and then more extreme improvements push that to level 27)

My guesstimate is that for people doing events, upgrading AWs, and/or using diamond buildings, max level is either most efficient, or will become most efficient with next-chapter residences and roads

Heymrdiedier

I played around with a the numbers a bit a few months ago, using Elementals residences, culture and roads, and steel factories, but ignoring supplies to run the factories

I found that level 19 was the most efficient, assuming all population came from standard residences and all culture came from Cafe Masquerade and roads, BUT improvements to culture and/or population density made a difference - so pop/cult and culture event buildings, golden abyss, mountain halls, diamond buildings, etc would all push that level up (it kind of sticks at level 23/24, and then more extreme improvements push that to level 27)

My guesstimate is that for people doing events, upgrading AWs, and/or using diamond buildings, max level is either most efficient, or will become most efficient with next-chapter residences and roads

thanks this helps a lot

DeletedUser9601

Max level, always. As @alegria notes, there are certain instances where level 19 is slightly more efficient than level 23, but not by much.

DeletedUser5899

How many of each manufactory has everyone found optimal? I'm particularly curious about when they're at around level 23 (halflings). Thanks!

DeletedUser9601

How many of each manufactory has everyone found optimal? I'm particularly curious about when they're at around level 23 (halflings). Thanks!
At Halflings I was at 4 Marble, 3 Silk, 3 Gems. This was probably "too much" in the sense that I've slowly accumulated several million extra goods. But for Elementals, I had to drop to 3 Marble (and 1 Steel), and in Amuni, I am likely dropping to 2 Silk (and 1 Crystal).

Mykan

Oh Wise One

I have found the 40 squares of factory space holds true for all chapters so far from the first up to the current one, Amuni. Sentient goods are the exception as 1 factory seems to be sufficient. I haven't yet experimented if that can decrease once the sentient goods begin.

kctanzen

If you are an active player / trader in your fellowship and have boosted goods that are in a bit more scarce supply (or simply enjoy making / trading things) that comes into play also. I am currently running 6 steel / 4 scrolls / 4 elixir in my city - just entered the Sorceror and Dragon chapter. I do have a number of diamond purchased expansion plots that add a lot of extra space for me to use in this approach.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Chapter 7: 4:3:2 <--- Almost no tournament, and no military. FS tournaments hadn't been invented
Chapter 8: 3:3:3 <----Since I had to build armories, started military 50/50 cater&fight
Chapter 12: 2:2:2 <---- By chapter 10 was 100% autofight 1600+ tournament, cater world map

CanDaMan

Oh, and BTW, all of the unsearched provinces around me are at 'easy'. I will wait until I start the next chapter, so they're 'very easy'.