• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Option to combine set buildings into one building

Palavyn

Set buildings are annoying. It's extremely cumbersome to move them around as you lose any timers on them AND you have to move around several buildings with each one giving you an annoying warning about moving it. If someone has the entire set, it would be nice to be able to combine them into one building that takes up the same space and gives equivalent (or better) bonuses and resource collection, and takes up the same (or less) space.

DeletedUser23214

I would prefer the buildings combined for a different purpose. With the Moonstone library it can become a quite sprawling complex. I would like to collect on the building in the same set that are linked to collect with a single click.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't think combining set buildings is very practical code-wise. Not everyone has the same layout, or even the same number of buildings in every set (particularly with the moonstone library), so it would take a nearly infinite number of combinations and arrangements. As an example, what do you think the code would look like to make my Moonstone complex a single building with 7 libraries, 5 scrolls, 8 gates, 13 mana plants, and 15 gum trees?
1579717794033.png

Palavyn

I don't think combining set buildings is very practical code-wise. Not everyone has the same layout, or even the same number of buildings in every set (particularly with the moonstone library), so it would take a nearly infinite number of combinations and arrangements. As an example, what do you think the code would look like to make my Moonstone complex a single building with 7 libraries, 5 scrolls, 8 gates, 13 mana plants, and 15 gum trees?

The option would be for making complete sets, ONE at a time, according to the picture in the building description.

First, place all buildings so they are touching based on the layout in the picture in the building description. On the main building (the Moonstone library in your case), they add a dialogue box. The box would ask if you want to combine it with other buildings to make a complete set. You click the box. If the other buildings are placed to make a complete set according to the picture, then they combine into a complete set. Otherwise, it says not all buildings are in the correct position or some buildings are missing. After that, one click collects all the items and you don't have to waste time trying to collect from the one-square buildings.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I feel like like the complete-set option overly restrictive and therefore of limited usefulness. Even sets that that only fit together one way can currently be oriented in two or more different directions. It seems like a lot of coding for something that is only a little beneficial. I don't think people are moving sets all that often, and then to have it only apply to people who have a complete set and set-up in the specific "approved" orientation further limits it.

NightshadeCS

I know this is probably one of those "shoot for the moon" wishes, but if there were just a way to lock buildings together and move them, that would be great. Kind of like a click, drag thing to select multiple buildings and then be able to shift the whole block. For everything, not just sets.

Kekune

I know this is probably one of those "shoot for the moon" wishes, but if there were just a way to lock buildings together and move them, that would be great. Kind of like a click, drag thing to select multiple buildings and then be able to shift the whole block. For everything, not just sets.
That needs its own suggestion, if it's never been made before. God, the number of times I've needed to shift half of my city 3 squares to the right to let a row of houses upgrade. Yes, moving things en masse would be wonderful.