• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Option to DISABLE all non-boosted goods in manufactories

Palavyn

*The proposal now is to add a checkbox in options: "DISABLE all non-boosted goods in manufactories"
*Clicking this checkbox would make it so that only the 3 hour and 9 hour BOOSTED options would be available on any manufactory that is of sentient level or higher.
*More specifically, the non-boosted options would be greyed out AND disabled. The manufactory interactive window would appear similar to the accompanying image.
*A checkbox at the top of the window could override and make the non-boosted options temporarily available.
*Not checking the option would leave all manufactories as they currently are.

PROS: Less accidently making non-boosted goods for people who intend to only make boosted goods and trade for non-boosted. This is a an annoying problem.
CONS:

This image was taken directly from the game and is here mainly to show that disabling the non-boosted options shouldn't be too difficult.
Manufactory proposal.PNG

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yup, this morning while harvesting my overnights, I clicked my sentient factory and…planks floated up out of them. :oops::(:rolleyes:

I just started sentient goods. The first time I opened my trader for sentient goods trading, 25 of 27 pages of trades were all asking for tree gum. As a tree gum boosted player looking forward to the easy sentient life, I thought, “YES! Lucky me!” Fast forward 2 weeks and…well, I have started more planks rounds than I have tree gum. Now my new current thinking is, “Yup, just doing my fair share to contribute to the tree gum shortage by making more unboosted planks at a whopping rate of 100 planks an hour. You’re welcome, Ceravyn!”

Myne

Oh Wise One
But isn't that just us operating on autopilot? or not paying attention? That isn't the devs fault, it's ours. I have done this on many occasions and just canceled the operation or harvested and called myself a dummy.
At this point, I don't think it's a good idea to push an inconvenience.
jmho

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Yes, basic goods are still needed and used in the tournament and spire for catering. Leave it as is. Top line is standard, bottom line is sentient, you get used to is soon enough.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, basic goods are still needed and used in the tournament and spire for catering. Leave it as is. Top line is standard, bottom line is sentient, you get used to is soon enough.

Nope, left column is normal, middle column is sentient, and right column is ascended, once you are in chapter 18.

Palavyn

But isn't that just us operating on autopilot? or not paying attention? That isn't the devs fault, it's ours. I have done this on many occasions and just canceled the operation or harvested and called myself a dummy.
jmho
So you've messed up many times in the past but now think you have it under control? If so, wait until you hit chapter 18 when ascended goods are introduced. The 9 hour normal goods production gets moved from the top right to the bottom left, as Enevhar Aldarion pointed out.

Aritra

jmho
I agree. I've made the error, and I blame no one but myself.

Myne

Oh Wise One
So you've messed up many times in the past but now think you have it under control? If so, wait until you hit chapter 18 when ascended goods are introduced. The 9 hour normal goods production gets moved from the top right to the bottom left, as Enevhar Aldarion pointed out.

I never said that. I'm sorry if you got that impression. I blame myself for doing it. Each time I resolve to pay more attention.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What really needs to be done, now that the factories are programmed for three columns once you upgrade in chapter 18+, is to go back to the sentient versions of the factories and change them to columns too. I almost never misclicked when going from normal goods only to normal and sentient, but going from two rows to three columns has definitely gotten me making the wrong goods a few times.

defiantoneks

i agree with everyone. yes i'd like some improvement/change, and yes it's still 'our fault". even more fun when you have more than one city and of course the boosts are different.

how about we have a checkbox in the options, that says "show unboosted goods in manufactories". so if we wanted, we could hide the stuff we "shouldn't" be making if we want to?

Sprite1313

I don't understand what y'all are complaining about. Personally, I love it when I collect my 300 silks; I say to myself, "yay, only 3,472 more 3-hour productions and I can unlock the next tech".:(

I like the idea of reconfiguring the sentients to match what it becomes with ascended goods. I'm not there yet, but from what I am hearing, it will be much worse to lose ascended goods than sentients, so I'd like to develop new muscle memory on the "cheaper" goods.

how about we have a checkbox in the options, that says "show unboosted goods in manufactories". so if we wanted, we could hide the stuff we "shouldn't" be making if we want to?

Or maybe set it up like the advanced trader, and each manufactory could be set to either "basic, sentient or ascended"; then you are just selecting the duration of production?

Last edited:

Palavyn

I realized that my original proposal wasn't going to fly. So I changed it. Please re-read and let me know the PROS and CONS of the NEW proposal and if you have any suggestions to improve it. I think this new proposal will be relatively easy for the devs to implement and leaves the option to make non-boosted goods while giving us the ability to completely eliminate unwanted non-boosted productions.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Cons: the extra graphics work needed to make 9 different factories only show two production slot, when by default they are designed to show 4 or 6. Extra programming/coding to make this possible may outweigh the value to Inno.

Palavyn

Cons: the extra graphics work needed to make 9 different factories only show two production slot, when by default they are designed to show 4 or 6. Extra programming/coding to make this possible may outweigh the value to Inno.
Sorry, the title wasn't clear, so I changed it to DISABLE to reflect the actual proposal. Everything would still be there in the same place. The nonboosted options would just be greyed out. It would appear exactly like when there aren't enough resources, so they already have the graphics for it. I'll try to post a picture this weekend, but I'm busy at work today and tomorrow.

Last edited: