• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orc building

DeletedUser2207

There isn't a set answer to this - how many orcs you use in the chapter depends on many different factors, including:
how quickly you upgrade your portal
whether or not you have a blooming trader guild and if so, what level it is
how many portal profits you use
how many workshops you have and plan to upgrade
whether or not you will need to cater/negotiate with orcs during this chapter

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
O_O

Wow, I only have five
I'm guessing you NEVER have to use PoP spells or Supply Instants

Rarely. Just if I am upgrading several at one time, my builders are level 5, or if I just completed a research that used a ton of supplies and then I need a bunch more to upgrade or build something else and I do not feel like waiting a few hours to make more. Otherwise, the only time I use PoP spells is for the mana from the Dragon Abbey.

DeletedUser21107

How do I get Orcs? I have the Orc Portal and 4 mushroom farms and have built the Orc Rally Sight but there are no signs of Orcs! I can not figure out how to acquire the resources to create an Orc population! Please help me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Matrickz

How do I get Orcs? I have the Orc Portal and 4 mushroom farms and have built the Orc Rally Sight but there are no signs of Orcs! I can not figure out how to acquire the resources to create an Orc population! Please help me!
How many places are you asking this? Sheesh

DeletedUser21107

Whatever... This is my 1st time here in the forum and I am trying to learn my way around! I accidently posted it twice! Don't know why u have to be that way! I was stumped and needed to get some info! No need to be critical... What difference does it make to you anyway!?!

DeletedUser19346

Whatever... This is my 1st time here in the forum and I am trying to learn my way around! I accidently posted it twice! Don't know why u have to be that way! I was stumped and needed to get some info! No need to be critical... What difference does it make to you anyway!?!

I totally agree with you!

DeletedUser19723

Ah...I'm in Fairies, with three researches left till Orcs. Someone in my Fellowship advised me to be sure to get my armories leveled up as far as they would go, which is 19 in Fairies. Now I know why. I have 3 at level 19. Do I need more?

Deleted User - 3932582

Ah...I'm in Fairies, with three researches left till Orcs. Someone in my Fellowship advised me to be sure to get my armories leveled up as far as they would go, which is 19 in Fairies. Now I know why. I have 3 at level 19. Do I need more?
It is certainly possible to complete the Orcs with just 2 maxed Armories, and still have Orcs to spare (not much). Even if you complete the chapter in a month.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I will just say one thing about the little orcs, even if you will not need a ton of them right away, you will need a ton of them the further you get into the chapters, so never stop producing them in your armories once they are available. Here is just one extreme example for saving up all the orcs you can. I am in chapter 14 and I have one more upgrade left for the main hall, from 32 to 33. This upgrade will require 50,000 orcs! And to level a workshop from 32 to 33 is 6,200 orcs per workshop.

DeletedUser19723

So I think what I'm hearing from you both (MinMax Gamer and Enevhar Aldarion) is that three maxed armories is fine; but the key is to keep them producing orcs 24/7 even past the Orcs Chapter. Is there a cap on how many I can store? And what is the cost to make them - supplies? coins? goods?

DeletedUser19723

Thanks! Sounds like I'll be having another "supplies drain" source. I thought training troops 24/7 was hard on supplies. Soon I'll have even more need for lots of supplies. I've never had a problem with supplies, but I'd better start looking at what I have for supply producers and what I will probably need to do in the next chapter.

NightshadeCS

I had quite a few Orc Nests, so kept my two armories producing the 4-day Orcs. Now entering Amuni, I am perhaps digging into my stockpile a little and will probably ramp up production.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thanks! Sounds like I'll be having another "supplies drain" source. I thought training troops 24/7 was hard on supplies. Soon I'll have even more need for lots of supplies. I've never had a problem with supplies, but I'd better start looking at what I have for supply producers and what I will probably need to do in the next chapter.
If you're not tight for space, once you are in the start of Orcs craft a couple of orc nests when they come up in the mage academy and they will probably keep up with your needs, without draining supplies.

Personally, I built the heroe's forge and upgraded it to level 11 before proceeding. Besides the nearly 1400 orcs it makes per day (I've never made any in my armouries since), it gives my heavy melee an extra 18% damage.

Deleted User - 3932582

So I think what I'm hearing from you both (MinMax Gamer and Enevhar Aldarion) is that three maxed armories is fine; but the key is to keep them producing orcs 24/7 even past the Orcs Chapter. Is there a cap on how many I can store? And what is the cost to make them - supplies? coins? goods?
Well, I've been running until Elementals with 2x maxed armories and L6 Heroes Forge, and that was sufficient to cover negotiation costs and maxing out 6x workshops, and closing in on 70K orcs surplus. I am producing 24/7 on 12 hour cycles.