• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

orc stuff

dwon

so i think you have made it difficult to get the goods from the orc portal to advance in reseearch.takes so much orc dung to make the tail thing that you need and you only get a few at a time.have 15 mushroom farms and 2 rally points and it going to take me about a year to gather enough items to advance in the game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Orcs benefits from as much space as you can give it. Early in the chapter, devopte every inch you can find to mushrooms. I had about 40 at one time. If you want to get through orcs faster, you can dump any extra culture. You can function with negative culture as long as you don't need to do anything but guest race stuff. You can even technically function with negative population. If you have some teleport spells, you might want to strip your city to the bones and pack it full of mushrooms.

Don't upgrade all the mushroom farms. Maybe five or ten of them. Stockpile as many mushrooms as you can. Then as you move toward the latter part of the chapter, you can dump the extra mushroom farms and replace them with rally points.

Look in Mykan's guides for a link to a guest race spreadsheet. That will tell you exactly how many of each kind of guest race goods you need.

Deleted User - 3932582

What Ashrem said. Going negative culture and/or pop is really not that big of a deal, likely the biggest issue you will have with that is inability to do extra buildings and upgrades for events, but with recent changes it might be less of an issue. I usually prefer going negative pop rather than culture because then you can still do residence upgrades. Also, at least for Elves residence dimension changes are probably the least convenient in this chapter. But this also means that you will likely need to drop a ton of residences when upgrading, so may as well drop them ahead of time.

As far as upgrading the farms, it depends. Basically, the higher number of farms you can fit, the fewer upgrades you need (as it becomes counterproductive). IIRC with 70 farms I only upgraded them to L2, and never waited for mushrooms. If you're only putting up 10-15 farms then it will probably make sense to upgrade these to L3 or even L4. It will still take forever, but will be faster than un-upgraded.

Socrates28

The simple answer has been given above, you need more farms! I did it with 52 farms ad 5 Rally Points and got through very quickly. The advice from @Ashrem and @MinMax Gamer is sound and do what you can to follow it.