• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs

Frawnia

Hopefully someone can help. I need Orcs. I have been told so many different things including from Elvenar Admin. I am in the Fairy chapter. I have needed orcs, in order to complete cities, for some time now. I’ve been told I need to upgrade my Armories, My Barack’s, I need Orc nests can’t make irks until orc chapter. I ha e someone in my fellowship who has been producing orcs since chapter 3. I have fully upgraded all Armories and Barracks as far as they can be at this point. I ha e Orcs best and all they produce is gems, I had orc strategist but was told my a Mage that that isn’t what I needed. I had to buy diamonds just to complete my most resent quest in the winter event just so I could move on. I needed to solve 10 encounters (not tourney or spire) and all my scouted cities required orcs. Since I had non I had to use diamonds, which I had to buy. Please, I need solid direction.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Open your tech tree. Slide on over to the Orc chapter (after Fairies). Look for “Armories (Breeding Ground)”. There is a golden tab with a green head. That’s the tech you need to unlock.

I ha e someone in my fellowship who has been producing orcs since chapter 3.
Possible fellow has Witch Hut or another building that gives Orcs. Orc nests in Chap 8+ gives Orcs as well. (Unless fellow is confusing untrained orc resources with Orc Strategists or Orc Warriors from Ground of Orc Strategists from MA or Brown Bear?)

edit: Here is list of buildings that give Orc resources. Doesn’t seem like Witch Hut gives orcs in early chapter, nor do the Halloween buildings. High case fellow is confusing military orc units with orc resources.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

@Frawnia How many provinces have you cleared? Easiest way to look is to go into your tech tree and scroll over to chest you have to open to get into the next chapter. You should see something like this 222/160. The first number is cleared provinces. If the first number is below 222 then you have unscouted provinces that do not require orcs. Go look at your unscouted provinces and scout the cheapest ones.

Orcs show up in ring 11, which is at 222 provinces if you cleared in perfect rings.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Possible fellow has Witch Hut or another building that gives Orcs. Orc nests in Chap 8+ gives Orcs as well. (Unless fellow is confusing untrained orc resources with Orc Strategists or Orc Warriors from Ground of Orc Strategists from MA or Brown Bear?)

Zero buildings will give normal orcs before chapter 8, not even the Witch Hut, so the fellowship member has to be confused or just wrong.

Raccon

I ha e someone in my fellowship who has been producing orcs since chapter 3.
I'm not sure if this is possible but, perhaps your friend jumped the chapter and the tech tree and upgraded the chapter 8 armoire research by using diamonds.

Raccon

O
That is not possible. Nothing in the game will give orcs before chapter 8. Could it be that your FS member has a Grounds of the Orc Strategist and they are getting Orc Strategists? And they are mixing up the terminology?
Or perhaps he has another city above chapter 8 and have you confused with the one with chapter 3?

Raccon

I needed to solve 10 encounters (not tourney or spire) and all my scouted cities required orcs. Since I had non I had to use diamonds, which I had to buy. Please, I need solid direction.
In the meantime, have you considered fighting the required encounters instead of catering your way just to get past that quest?

Raccon

@Raccon If the player has in fact already cleared over 222 provinces in chapter 7 the encounters are unwinnable without serious help from boost buildings, the fire Phoenix and upgraded military wonders.
Very true, I out stretched myself to 'very hard' province status at some point in the game and was forced to stop until moving up a couple of chapters to get back to easy levels again.
I wonder what difficulty indicator would it show on the map at 222nd province in chapter 7?

DeletedUser30612

Wait a moment you mean orcs don’t show up until chapter 10 if you don’t over scout? I’m only scouting the provinces necessary to unlock the chapter and going for one extra expansion to square out my space.

Iyapo1

@Kaylessa Wintermoon

As long as you scout in perfect rings. Orcs show up in the 11th ring from your city, 222 provinces.

I have 2 chapter 8 cities and one chapter 9 city and I am already past the 222 provinces cleared so I already need orcs.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Wait a moment you mean orcs don’t show up until chapter 10 if you don’t over scout? I’m only scouting the provinces necessary to unlock the chapter and going for one extra expansion to square out my space.

Correct. 220 completed provinces is what is needed to unlock chapter 10 and staying within the Ring system means 222 completed provinces when you finish Ring 10. One thing that people get caught by is not completing the Rings evenly. If you decide to go off in a straight line to try and reach a distant neighbor and you reach the 11th Ring, you will still need orcs for that province, no matter how many less than 220 you have scouted.

One other note on this. If you are looking at the pop-up list of the provinces you can scout or have scouted, but not completed, the number shown beside the provinces is the distance between your city and that province and does not include the Ring for that province. So a province that has a 9 beside it is actually in Ring 10, not Ring 9. The easy way to remember the Ring number is the amount of points an encounter adds to your score is the actual Ring number.

Raccon

Considering 220 completed provinces is what you need to unlock chapter 10, it better say Very Hard while still in chapter 7. lol
A new difficulty level is needed for more accurate representation of the difficulty levels since 'very hard' is being equally applied to enemies ranging from double squad size and 3 star, 3 troop types to quadruple squad size, 5 star, 4 troop type combo, specially those with Terminator Mist walkers on steroids! I suggest 'mission impossible' designation for those difficulty levels that even catering one encounter would bankrupt you ;)