• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Other Tab in Inventory for instants we can't use from inventory

Palavyn

Every time we want to use something from inventory, we have to annoyingly pass through pages of things that can't be used from inventory. For example, none of these Artifacts can be used from inventory. The next page has Ancient Knowledge spells, which also can't be used. Later on, there are several time boosts which can't be used from inventory. This amounts to several needless clicks every time we use instants from inventory.
Instants.JPG

Therefore, I propose an additional tab for Instants that can't be used from inventory. I've labeled it "Other" in this image. It would have all Artifacts, Ancient Knowledge, Time Boosts, Royal Restorations, and Blueprints (if possible). Then the Instants tab would only contain things that can be used from inventory.
Other.jpg

Alternative 2: Place all instants that can't be used from inventory on the LAST pages. So the first page of instants would start with coin rains, followed by supply instants, portal profits and troop instants. Then AFTER all of those, we get to Artifacts, KP, and Time Boosts, etc.
Alternative 3: Instants that currently can only be used from inventory could be made available where we need them. For example, if someone is doing the Spire and goes to place coins they don't have, an option could appear that would allow them to choose and use a coin rain spell, perhaps through a drop-down menu of all coin rain spells available. Likewise for supply and troop instants, and in the tournament or city when an action requires resources we don't have but can get through instants.

Iyapo1

For example, if someone is doing the Spire and goes to place coins they don't have, an option could appear that would allow them to choose and use a coin rain spell, perhaps through a drop-down menu of all coin rain spells available.
I love this idea! I dont think inno will go for it. I am willing to bet money that I am not the only player that threw diamonds on this mistake rather than start over.
Place all instants that can't be used from inventory on the LAST pages. So the first page of instants would start with coin rains, followed by supply instants, portal profits and troop instants. Then AFTER all of those, we get to Artifacts, KP, and Time Boosts, etc.
I play on mobile and mine are already set up almost this way. Coin rains and supply intants(mixed together highest percentages first), followed by troop instants, AW KP, portal profits, time boosts, RRs, and relics last.

Asking for this to be the same in browser seems reasonable imo.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I was actually going to suggest this as well. Funny how a small annoyance can get people thinking in the same direction. So I'm for at least putting the "can't be used from here" on the last pages....or a new tab even. Either way it will save time and annoyance.

AJ

Palavyn

I play on mobile and mine are already set up almost this way. Coin rains and supply intants(mixed together highest percentages first), followed by troop instants, AW KP, portal profits, time boosts, RRs, and relics last.
I play on computer and on mobile. It's true that mobile is organized like this. HOWEVER, when I go to inventory for some reason it often initially positions me at the END of the items. So again, I have to scroll through the useless crap to get to the item I need to use.

Iyapo1

I play on computer and on mobile. It's true that mobile is organized like this. HOWEVER, when I go to inventory for some reason it often initially positions me at the END of the items. So again, I have to scroll through the useless crap to get to the item I need to use.
I wonder if that is a side effect of playing on both. Or if it happens only on specific mobile devices.

Either way, I would vote for this.

Yogi Dave

I very nice idea. I like the concept of another tab the best. Alternate 2 is almost as good, especially since that is how it works on mobile. More consistency between the two is a good thing when it comes to improvements. Alt. 2 also seems like it'd take the least amount of work, but who know what lurks under the hood of the code machine.

As for alternate 3, I think it has no chance of happening for multiple reasons. Different screens have significantly different implementations, so code sharing may not be at it's best. Besides the spire, there is coin to start a scout, coins and supplies for techs and event quest, coins and supplies in prov and tourneys encounters/catering. That's just of the top off my head. It also changes a few aspects of the game, minor as they may be. The purpose of this idea is to remove a nuisance in a simple way. Alt 3 is not so simple.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Lovely idea... full support from me. HOWEVER, please don't hold your breath. You may pass out and bump your head. There has been an outcry for INNO to fix the issue with the notifications. Splitting them between visits and trades, heck I would like to see an AW contribution list for what I donate and what is donated to me. Make it short cuts so I can continue to donate to those who donate to me. Outside of the fellowship it becomes an accounting nightmare (made a spreadsheet so I don't neglect anyone).

I love the idea, but I have little to no hope for any kind of organizational tools being added to our notifications or inventory.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Lovely idea... full support from me. HOWEVER, please don't hold your breath. You may pass out and bump your head. There has been an outcry for INNO to fix the issue with the notifications. Splitting them between visits and trades, heck I would like to see an AW contribution list for what I donate and what is donated to me. Make it short cuts so I can continue to donate to those who donate to me. Outside of the fellowship it becomes an accounting nightmare (made a spreadsheet so I don't neglect anyone).

Yeah, the whole notifications thing is a mess. I don't know if you play the mobile version or not, but it was only several months to maybe a year ago that the mobile notification list did not even say who took a trade from you. That was frustrating until they fixed that.