• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Out of Curiosity...What is this?

AtaguS

@Pheryll check out Mucksterme's post above...one of the funniest (dare I say punniest?) ones in the thread. neeronie was just rolling with the humor :)

Yogi Dave

What will the Phoenix and maybe the mermaid bring us? I think a lot more people will be looking. Still, what happened to the squirrel on the cliff in fall that used to throw nuts down on us? He wasn't there last fall.

DeletedUser6303

Here's the area in question next to the fishing spot event building. They removed the fisherman and his pole, but left the line and the ice hole for some reason.
Oh! I see it now, thank you MaloogaLooga. Where did the fisherman go? I love the idea of the invisible fisherman! :) Maybe he went looking for a better fishing hole? :p

Grammy Magic

Your city gets its water supply from that spot. Something broke & the repairman dropped his wrench. That Doo Hickey is a magnetized line used to fish it back out. Good Luck! I hope it gets repaired soon!

AtaguS

I see the last letter is a capital S looking like a cat's tail. Coincident? I think not. But whooo knows? Ask the wise old owl. He sees all.
Haha! This S has been handed down to the women of my city since the days before even the orcs showed up with their doo hickey technology. Whoooo knows indeed?

neeronie

According to WebMD, it's cancer.
I gave your research in WebMD some thought and have to say "cancer" is close. Take a look at the colors that were used in the painting, Drab olive greens mixed with other shades of green broken up with white, artist must be military and this is a response to a command. I am sure the response is Can Sir.

neeronie

Wow nee, gorgeous. Movement, interest and peaceful all at once. Not easy to pull off. I really love it! I never could get water color to do what I wanted it to do. Always stuck to charcoal and chalk pastels myself.

Doo Hickey it is :)
Thanks everyone! Have enjoyed the speculation. It's always fun to discover something new in my city, even after all these years looking, lol...
Thank you, try, will be taking a workshop for abstracts, I hope I can learn and add some more painting that are "engaging"

shimmerfly

1583519150176.png

Valtitude

Ooh! I thought the story of the invisible fisherman was just an Elvenarian myth! I wonder how many people have actually seen him!
I've seen the fisherman dwarf. I have the the building in my city. So the line into the well or pond is snow melting from the rock above. That, I hadn't noticed.