• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Paladin?

DeletedUser511

How come I can only train 6 at a time when I can train 40 of the others?

DeletedUser18

Paladins and some other units take up more space than normal units - their build numbers round down to the nearest unit. It may therefore be necessary to upgrade multiple armories in order to achieve +1 recruitment space for them. Please note that this is also reflective on the Battle Map where you can utilize fewer of these units than others in one space - meaning their squad size is similarly smaller.

DeletedUser

The unit property is called Weight.
GolemInfo.jpg

In this example, the Golem has a Weight of 6, so it takes up the same Training/Battle "space" as 6 Sword Dancers and half as much as a Treant.

DeletedUser

When I unlocked Paladins I eagerly built up half a dozen squads. After using, and losing them in battles, I gotta say they aint worth the effort. Their attack is pathetic because their squad size is so small. Other than a slowly moving roadblock they are virtually useless for my play style. I don't use em.

DeletedUser

Difference in style, I usually send 2 dog units after the ranged, two archers to hit the muscle guys, and an ax group to block and clean up.

DeletedUser

From the Elf side, it seems I get the most use out of Treants (heavy melee) if I have a group of Sword Dancers (light melee) in front to draw fire while they lumber toward their targets. At this point I only use them vs. enemy configurations that are melee-heavy and never against steinlings/golems.

DeletedUser

A full squad of 12 Paladins can't stand against an equal number of Treants. Archers will kill 2 or 3 per volley. Treant2's are walking death, all you can do is shoot and scoot. If you fight you die.

DeletedUser

Humans don't have one. 600 more knowledge points I get crossbow promotion. but they start at 5-7 offense so doubt if that promotion will push em to more than 12 or so, not gonna do much to a 500 point Treant2 stomping your way.
Not supposed to be easy.

DeletedUser

At least you can kite a stack of treants. Paladins can hit you through a wall. Bring in the sacrificial meat shields!

DeletedUser18

Each unit involves a specialized strategy for their usage. While Paladins are not as versatile as frontline units, their 2-range attack provides a flexibility that treants and Elves in general wholly lack. It can take some clever maneuvering - but Paladins can be quite effective.

DeletedUser511

Battles take to long for fighing like you all are talking. I auto attack and they seem to still kick butt. I play tons of games online and each battle takes a while compared to auto attacking.

DeletedUser

There's no way I would ever use AutoAttack, now. At 6 hexes out from my city, the bandit/monster armies are way too strong! It would be a total AutoFail. Part of the problem is actually the paladins: I can't hit them with ranged units without placing those units in range for a counterattack on the paladins' turn, so I have to sacrifice treants as a meat shield while my golems do their thing.

DeletedUser626

Hi xaviersxmen,

curious what you consider as not losing much, when "auto attacking" stacks of paladins, cannoneers 6 hexes out from your city.
what kind of troops do you go into that type of fight with, before hitting the auto attack?

DeletedUser511

It depends on what im attacking so its different every time.

DeletedUser626

I'm newish to the game (16th day playing), and could benefit from learning about strategies against those range 2, move 2 knights (not sure if that is same as paladins).
I'm fighting only 5 hexes out, (see image) with sword dancers, and archers and it doesn't go so well in my opinion.
losing 2-3 of my 5 troop stacks (3-48 stacks of SD, 2-48 stacks of archers) manually battling.

Attachments

• 5 hex from city.JPG
    5 hex from city.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 108

DeletedUser

For that example, I'd probably use 2x Sword Dancers, 1x Archers, 2x Golems. The poor SD's are mainly sacrificial meat shields who may take out the cannoneers and some xbowmen if you're lucky.

DeletedUser626

ahh, heavy melee would help absorb the blows designed to destroy the SD's.. but for now that's a bit away on the research tree. I have to make due with SD's (SDII's) and archers for the time being.