• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Paladin?

DeletedUser

I play human, those cannoneers can kill a squad in one shot. They are weak defense so I send everything that can get to em fast. Take my losses and kill them first. Knights are very similar to Paladins, not as strong but more in a stack, I just pound it out with em, soften em up with ranged, then mop up whats left with melee. For your example I'd send 2 ax, 2 crossbow, and a dog. Expect to lose the dogs and half of the rest, mostly ax

DeletedUser

You wouldn't want treants there, methinks, unless you can stop the heavy ranged units from hitting them. Conversely, your own heavy ranged golems work well vs. the opposing heavy melee.

DeletedUser626

I play human, those cannoneers can kill a squad in one shot. They are weak defense so I send everything that can get to em fast. Take my losses and kill them first. Knights are very similar to Paladins, not as strong but more in a stack, I just pound it out with em, soften em up with ranged, then mop up whats left with melee. For your example I'd send 2 ax, 2 crossbow, and a dog. Expect to lose the dogs and half of the rest, mostly ax

thanks good to know about stronger knights (paladins) coming in my near future. manually battling that's what i do - go for the cannoneers first, and hope the knights don't block the quick route. what i was curious about was xaviersxmen's auto battle strategy. i know he plays human, and at some point he had to be in similar situations to what I'm describing, and in my opinion 2-3 stack losses is a lot for a battle.

DeletedUser

I'm wondering if your squad size influences the enemy squad size. My squads are 72 instead of 48. I face the exact same battle but, I face 12 knights not 10, 51 bandits not 40, and 8 cannoneers instead of 6. I'm attacking 5 provinces distance.
The wiki has a very good section on all the current units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser626

interesting thought, 72 troops is a lot more damage/health (is that the next jump up from 48?). not sure if I'm measuring distance the same for 5 hex's. I'm measuring hex's on the world map the same way I'd measure manual troop movement on the battlefield.

cannoneers firing and knights blocking the quick way for my SD's to get to them, is what usually kills off troops. i'll admit sometimes i get out of a battle with only one 1/4 of an archer stack left of the 5 stacks that went in (those battles are memorable learning experiences :)

DeletedUser

My squad has grown 12 at a time, so you still have a 60 man level. It may grow more rapidly at higher levels, don't know. Distance is measured like rings on a tree.
I've lost 2 battles, both times I was short manpower in some of my squads. I expect to lose 1/3 or more of my guys each battle, sometimes ya get lucky and lose 20 men, sometimes it's ugly ya lose 300.

DeletedUser626

sounds like there is something going on with squad size (though it could be rank, research points spent, etc).
I wonder why my 5 hex rings out are so much smaller stacks than your.
the example image, i gave is a larger grouping then the rest on that province. i hadn't fought it yet, but was thinking of going at it with auto attack.

Moderators, sorry about taking this off topic: i know this was about the weight of barrack training stacks for paladins in ratio to the other troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser511

Im pretty sure you should be saying sorry to the one that made the thread.

DeletedUser626

Im pretty sure you should be saying sorry to the one that made the thread.

nothing against the original poster, their inquiry on unit weight v's troop training, was clearly addressed early on in the posted replies.

your posted experience in multiple fighting games, and using auto attacks in this game.
Is the direction of my responses. thanks for your feed back, it has been illuminating.

It depends on what im attacking so its different every time.