• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Perks????

Sir Bently

To me I wished they had left all this alone like it used to be this perk thing is confusing the dog out most players, im Old School if it ain't
broke don't fix it leave it alone If i've said it once I'll say it again Inno did one of the dumb'est things ever when they started this perk thing, they just need to let things alone and let us just enjoy the game

Yogi Dave

Seems to me that's a recipe for accidents and very unfellowship-like feelings towards the accident perpetrator. There's got to be a better way for Inno to display points than that. What were they thinking?
I agree and that should become a suggestion. Seems like the best place to show the points would be in the perks dialog tab. There is plenty of room at the bottom. They could show how many KP are gotten per day for the knowledge sharing perk, even though it's the same as the perk level. For the advanced help, show the increase in help length or the total time.
To me I wished they had left all this alone like it used to be this perk thing is confusing the dog out most players, im Old School if it ain't
broke don't fix it leave it alone If i've said it once I'll say it again Inno did one of the dumb'est things ever when they started this perk thing, they just need to let things alone and let us just enjoy the game
Like many things in the game, just ignore what you don't like. You don't have to do FAs, events, tourneys, spire or much of anything if you don't want to. Just enjoy the game your way. Personally, I like the perks and don't think it will be that confusing for most as time goes by.

One of the purposes of this forum is to help people through learning curves so they can use the systems with confidence. Remember how confusing the FA was in the beginning? It's a lot easier to understand now that it's been around a while. It's probably my least favorite part of the game, but it's no big deal. Likewise, the spire was confusing to begin with. Again, once you go through the learning curve, it's easy. Yes, there are still questions and problems and desires for each of these to be changed one way or another, but we have gotten to the point they are understood, and we move on to the next addition or change to the game. I'm glad it evolves with time. And I'm glad we have a forum where we can help others, learn things, make suggestions and even fight about it all.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Seems to me that's a recipe for accidents and very unfellowship-like feelings towards the accident perpetrator. There's got to be a better way for Inno to display points than that. What were they thinking?
It really is not that bad. You will get the points back at the end of either the tournament or the spire. Here are 2 examples to show what I mean:
Scenerio 1. A FS has 1000 points stored in tournament archive. They get all 10 chests and have 2000 points on bonus chest 1 when tournament ends. The 2000 points get added to the 1000 points already in the archive. At the end they have 3000 points in the tournament archive.
Scenerio 2. It is the exact same fellowship and they perform in the same manner. Except the kind of mistake you are talking about happens and earlier in the tournament a mage accidentlly applies their 1000 stored points to one of the early chests. At the end of the tournament, they will have 3000 points on bonus chest 1. At the end they will have 3000 points in the archive for next week.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It really is not that bad. You will get the points back at the end of either the tournament or the spire. Here are 2 examples to show what I mean:
Scenerio 1. A FS has 1000 points stored in tournament archive. They get all 10 chests and have 2000 points on bonus chest 1 when tournament ends. The 2000 points get added to the 1000 points already in the archive. At the end they have 3000 points in the tournament archive.
Scenerio 2. It is the exact same fellowship and they perform in the same manner. Except the kind of mistake you are talking about happens and earlier in the tournament a mage accidentlly applies their 1000 stored points to one of the early chests. At the end of the tournament, they will have 3000 points on bonus chest 1. At the end they will have 3000 points in the archive for next week.
Yes, those are all possibilities and I can see that not harming anyone. But what about the scenario in which a group normally gets 8 or 9 chests. Say they got 10 chests this time, in a big push, and a mage clicks to acquire the 11th chest, but they didn't want it. They wanted to save those in order to be sure to get a blueprint next time. Instead, they just got an extra RR this time from the 11th chest. Those points you don't get back.

There are so many different scenarios, I guess. Some wouldn't hurt at all, but some would, I think. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yes, those are all possibilities and I can see that not harming anyone. But what about the scenario in which a group normally gets 8 or 9 chests. Say they got 10 chests this time, in a big push, and a mage clicks to acquire the 11th chest, but they didn't want it. They wanted to save those in order to be sure to get a blueprint next time. Instead, they just got an extra RR this time from the 11th chest. Those points you don't get back.

There are so many different scenarios, I guess. Some wouldn't hurt at all, but some would, I think. Or am I misunderstanding something?
Well, you can't use points at all unless you have enough to totally finish a chest. I think this will prevent many accidental usages. In the situation you just outlined, the FS would need 10,000 bonus points stored in order to accidentally get bonus chest 1.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
es, those are all possibilities and I can see that not harming anyone. But what about the scenario in which a group normally gets 8 or 9 chests. Say they got 10 chests this time, in a big push, and a mage clicks to acquire the 11th chest, but they didn't want it. They wanted to save those in order to be sure to get a blueprint next time. Instead, they just got an extra RR this time from the 11th chest. Those points you don't get back.

The other only real bad scenario is for a sub 9 chest FS.
If the FS uses tournament points on a chest below #10 and still doesn't reach the 10th chest, and fails to replenish their stash, then those points could possibly have been used better in a later tournament.

So for any FS that wasn't regularly getting 10 chests before perks, I'd strongly recommend demoting everyone who doesn't "get it" 100% to below mage status.

SoggyShorts

Where can you see the amount of excess spire points you have available?
Nowhere when the Spire or tournament are not active.
If only they tested it somehow first...Seriously this was one of the first feedback points from Beta

neat.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, you can't use points at all unless you have enough to totally finish a chest. I think this will prevent many accidental usages. In the situation you just outlined, the FS would need 10,000 bonus points stored in order to accidentally get bonus chest 1.
Only if the group didn't get any excess points that week over the 10th chest. I can see a group getting 5 or 6 K points toward the 11th chest but not wanting to go for the 11th chest, but rather, to stockpile those points towards future tourneys because they want to be assured of getting a blueprint every week in the weeks ahead. If a mage clicks to get that 11th chest, then they've lost a whopping number of points that could have assured them a blueprint for a couple weeks to come.

Sir Bently

I agree and that should become a suggestion. Seems like the best place to show the points would be in the perks dialog tab. There is plenty of room at the bottom. They could show how many KP are gotten per day for the knowledge sharing perk, even though it's the same as the perk level. For the advanced help, show the increase in help length or the total time.

Like many things in the game, just ignore what you don't like. You don't have to do FAs, events, tourneys, spire or much of anything if you don't want to. Just enjoy the game your way. Personally, I like the perks and don't think it will be that confusing for most as time goes by.

One of the purposes of this forum is to help people through learning curves so they can use the systems with confidence. Remember how confusing the FA was in the beginning? It's a lot easier to understand now that it's been around a while. It's probably my least favorite part of the game, but it's no big deal. Likewise, the spire was confusing to begin with. Again, once you go through the learning curve, it's easy. Yes, there are still questions and problems and desires for each of these to be changed one way or another, but we have gotten to the point they are understood, and we move on to the next addition or change to the game. I'm glad it evolves with time. And I'm glad we have a forum where we can help others, learn things, make suggestions and even fight about it all.
I will say it again leave well enough alone and I don't care if it sounds negative I don't like that perk crap it's just something else that takes away from just playing the game, it's bad enough that when Inno decides to do something they do it just like the Big Move no one knew about it until it happened and I will say that a lot of people aren't on Beta so that leaves a lot of players in the dark about things, so you should know that and I have as much rights as anybody else to say what I want to; this is discussion so im giving my opinion just like everyone else

SoggyShorts

I don't like that perk crap it's just something else that takes away from just playing the game
It can literally be ignored without any downside compared to the time before it was introduced. It costs you and your FS nothing for it to exist and be ignored.

A request to improve it makes sense, but to remove it does not.

It's like getting a free dessert at a restaurant that you don't like and demanding that no one else should get one either.

Sir Bently

While im on the subject I thought this was the place to get help, there's a lot of new players that don't know what the crap is going on about this game just for example I joined a fellowship yesterday and the Archmage is completely in the dark about things and the game so I decided to join a help that person I myself don't know everything about this game but what little I do I do my best to help I have a few friends here that don't mind helping That would be a good suggestion All Well-known players which are high ranking players should take the new players under their wing and help them

linronhan

At the end of the tourney, you are awarded the points for your perks. With 2 you can store up to 5000. Let's say the current chest your FS is working on has 4000 points in that chest. Then you would store all 4000 points. If the next week is the same, you would store another 1000 points of the 4000 giving you a total of 5000 stored. You have those until you use them. It doesn't matter if you reset the perks.

To use them during a tourney to complete a chest, a mage or AM clicks the + at the right end of the bar showing how full the chest is. If you have enough points stored to finish the chest, you will be allowed to click the Unlock button which will fill the chest and deduct the amount used from what you have saved. You will still have available the points it didn't take to fill that chests. There is also a Cancel button if you don't want to complete the chest or you don't have enough stored to complete it. I have clicked the + just to see how many points we have stored, then click cancel. Currently, that's the only way to see how many you have stored. It doesn't matter if you currently are at level 0 for the tourney perks, you can still spend what you have.

Say you are level 3 with the tourney perk but want to switch to the KP perk. You can reset immediately and put all your XP into the KP perk. If the tourney is currently active, it'd probably be better to wait until it ends and you collect the tourney points, then reset and add levels to the perk or perks you now want. If you want to put it all in the KP perk, your members will start getting 3KP a day until you reset again.

There is one thing to watch out for when you are selecting your next perks. If you have over 2500 points stored for the tourney and you set it to level 1, you won't get any points from the tourney since you are already over the max level 1 allows. You still have the points you have and can spend them. If doing that puts the total below 2500, you can then gain points when the tourney ends up to the cap of 2500.
last 2 paragraphs confused me, sorry