• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Personal attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinDarby

Opinion : "" you are acting like a idiot""
Personal attack : ""you are an idiot"

I really hope Inno and the Mods around here stop all the personal attacks,
both ingame and especially on the forum....

Recently I was called a perihah or referred to as "the likes of Brin"...
These are personal attacks and I feel they violate ToS rules....

Maybe this is why so many newer players quit so soon after joining.
It also goes to the revenue stream and Inno's bottom line. If Inno
continues to allow such behavior, it poisons the game/forum.....

Rather than fostering debate/discussion about facts/game features,
If the norm is to just attack other players personally its a sad day for Elvenar !!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Opinions and personal attacks aren't mutually exclusive Brin.

If someone says that they think you are a moron that is both an attack and an opinion.
If they add "I think" or "you are acting like" they might take a little bit of the sting out, but it's still clearly targetted and meant to offend.

As for referring to someone else as acting like you, well that's not an insult.
Unless of course being like you is a bad thing-- Is that what you're saying?

Just a quick question while you are calling the mods to action:
Where do you think that the death threats that you have posted fit with the ToS?

Dew Spinner

Brin, you are personally raping new players with predatory trades and then bragging about raping them, yet you are butt hurt? That's Rich!

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
I'm honestly somewhat baffled by this thread, so giving my 2c worth here.

[Personal thoughts] I find this thread to be extremely hypocritical considering past actions that the team was forced to take. What's more, I have already told you what our stance is (a stance that I had reviewed as I wanted to make sure that I was not insane), so given that, the only thing that we (the team) will say is a repeat of what was already explained.

But, let's break things down since this thread exists.
You are right, the purpose of the forums is to let people discuss/debate/chat with the rest of the community. When someone prevents that then we (the team) need to act.

However, the only point where you are correct is the theory, in practice, the actual examples that you supplied are not what we'd consider as preventing the use of the forums.

Ultimately, people are allowed to disagree with you, people are allowed to dislike you, and people are allowed to have a different opinion to you.

If you insist on doing 1-star trades, the game allows that, so that's fine. But, is it accepted by the community in general? It would appear not, and there are arguments to be made on why they are bad, far worse in fact than the messages that you are claiming to damage the game.

For everyone - I'm not laying a marker in the line, ultimately EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON CONTEXT.

For this situation, your examples of 'personal' attacks are not personal attacks. Is it rude? Perhaps so, so I'll give you that, being called an idiot is somewhat rude. So, @SoggyShorts please don't call people idiots directly. There are countless other ways to portray your feelings/opinions, and they tend to be more fun.

So, that's that. I'm closing this thread as there just isn't anything valuable to add and this entire thread is a giant troll bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.