• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet food flood

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3932582

We talked about this before, but the flood of pet food recipes is getting ridiculous. Take a look at this:

PetFood.PNG

Remember, they all give the exact same item when crafted. Many people later in the game have thousands of relics - no matter the type.

I wish they would reduce the frequency of each pet food recipe. You would still get pet food very often - might not be the one with the exact relic type you want. Or they can just rename Magic Academy into Pet Food Culinary Academy ;)

/venting

Vergazi

We talked about this before, but the flood of pet food recipes is getting ridiculous. Take a look at this:

View attachment 6168

Remember, they all give the exact same item when crafted. Many people later in the game have thousands of relics - no matter the type.

I wish they would reduce the frequency of each pet food recipe. You would still get pet food very often - might not be the one with the exact relic type you want. Or they can just rename Magic Academy into Pet Food Culinary Academy ;)

/venting
I agree fully. May I also add that I don't care for the recipes for making RRs using Blueprints when I don't have any Blueprints in my inventory. Yeah, sure I could theoretically have a Blueprint, but you cant get them in any humdrum, ordinary way..you have to get 10 chests to even have one. Please do something about these issues or increase the number of recipes to 10 as Soggy Drawers once suggested.

DeletedUser18011

I agree fully. May I also add that I don't care for the recipes for making RRs using Blueprints when I don't have any Blueprints in my inventory. Yeah, sure I could theoretically have a Blueprint, but you cant get them in any humdrum, ordinary way..you have to get 10 chests to even have one. Please do something about these issues or increase the number of recipes to 10 as Soggy Drawers once suggested.

I agree with that as well as the original post. I'm not using the pet food that much anyway, but even if I was it does seem to appear a little too often. And I don't see using blueprints at this point at all.

Deleted User - 3932582

I have a city that hasn't seen pet food in at least two weeks
Given current assumptions on probabilities of recipes, I find this hard to believe - assuming you didn't miss any MA rolls.

So let's see a ballpark calculation (rounding in different places for clarity):

I believe there are about 100 different recipes out there (actually slightly more IIRC), out if which there are 9 pet food recipes. So probability of any single recipe NOT being a pet food is slightly above 90%. In two weeks time MA will show 5*3*14 = 210 recipes. Probability that not a single one of them is pet food is 0.9^210 = 0.000000025%, or about 1 in 4 billions. More accurate calculation will increase the chance slightly (as single probability is slightly more than 0.9), but not by much.

If it is indeed true, such an observation may put in question equal probabilities or RNG properties.

DeletedUser5521

Same here. In 2 cities I rarely see any.. I have just 5 Pet Food in stock in 1 city and 7 in the other. And my Fire Chickens need to eat!! :eek::confused: In my other 2 cities it's always there in the Crafting Tab..and I have 22 in stock in 1 city and 24 in the other. It does happen.. :oops:

DeletedUser20951

Those recipes still have a use though in that they are the only way (that I know of) to buy RRs with Diamonds.
I was thinking about this the other day, and I might actually end up spending diamonds to craft ten packs of RRs in the future, since I am quite limited on earning them, yet have several structures I will want to keep current with my chapter. Depends on whether you can use diamonds straight across for these upgrades (I've forgotten and all of mine are leveled) and how it compares in price, if applicable.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was thinking about this the other day, and I might actually end up spending diamonds to craft ten packs of RRs in the future, since I am quite limited on earning them, yet have several structures I will want to keep current with my chapter. Depends on whether you can use diamonds straight across for these upgrades (I've forgotten and all of mine are leveled) and how it compares in price, if applicable.

It costs 300 diamonds to upgrade a magic residence or workshop by one chapter if you have no blueprints, so 300 diamonds in place of a blueprint to craft 10 RRs has about the same value. Unless, of course, what you want to upgrade takes a lot more than 10 to do.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

On the other hand, I have a city that currently has crafted nine wizard buffs

it's all random

Yep. Just paying attention over the past four 8-hour cycles in my city, I have had 1 pet food out of 20 possible items, 2 5% PP, and several buildings. I keep meaning to document the offers over a week or two, but I keep forgetting to write them down. lol

DeletedUser

Yep. Just paying attention over the past four 8-hour cycles in my city, I have had 1 pet food out of 20 possible items, 2 5% PP, and several buildings. I keep meaning to document the offers over a week or two, but I keep forgetting to write them down. lol
Don’t complicate yourself... a game is to have fun and look for loopholes for your own advantage to progress faster.

DeletedUser3220

I like using the Pet Food items. They seem to help a lot in all the battles. Especially combined with the Multipliers but I only have them in 1 of my cities. The other 2 cities I've only seen 1 in the Magic Academy in the pass 2 weeks. Why is it that 1 city has so many and the other two I can't get them to show up to be crafted?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Don’t complicate yourself... a game is to have fun and look for loopholes for your own advantage to progress faster.

Different people define fun in different ways. Some of the other people around here, including a couple who quit recently, had their fun by analyzing all the numbers and trying to figure out why they do what they do. Other people have their fun by datamining the code to look for exactly how things work. Other people need to find that Easy Button to get to the end quicker with less effort.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
May I also add that I don't care for the recipes for making RRs using Blueprints when I don't have any Blueprints in my inventory

The RR spells for blueprints was a very big WIN from the devs for the many players who do get blueprints from the tournaments and do not have any magic buildings to use the blueprints on. For those of us who do have magic buildings the blueprints are worth 320 diamonds cost to upgrade. It did seem pretty unfair to jip those who worked toward the 10 chest tournaments and had no other way to spend the blueprints they earned.

Vergazi

The RR spells for blueprints was a very big WIN from the devs for the many players who do get blueprints from the tournaments and do not have any magic buildings to use the blueprints on. For those of us who do have magic buildings the blueprints are worth 320 diamonds cost to upgrade. It did seem pretty unfair to jip those who worked toward the 10 chest tournaments and had no other way to spend the blueprints they earned.
I kind of agree, but at least they made a way to turn blueprints and CC into RRs. My thing was just that having a recipe come up that I can't use when there are already so many I don't need/want that come up as options that it just makes it a bit worse. I would love it if they charged 25 diamonds to change the selection of recipes, but I don't see that happening any time in the future.

Deleted User - 3932582

I kind of agree, but at least they made a way to turn blueprints and CC into RRs. My thing was just that having a recipe come up that I can't use when there are already so many I don't need/want that come up as options that it just makes it a bit worse. I would love it if they charged 25 diamonds to change the selection of recipes, but I don't see that happening any time in the future.
I don't have an issue with some recipes being useless for me personally. It is hard to expect that all the recipes will be highly anticipated and useful for all people. So recipes that produce relics, for instance, are not super useful when you have 1000s of each, but earlier on these can help to get into another boost level. Even coin and supply instants technically are all different (different amounts) - even though one can certainly argue that we may not need that many different amounts. But pet food recipes produce the same exact thing, with 9 different ways of showing up. That's what I find excessive. Especially given that for Fire Phoenix you only really need 3x Pet Foods per week (don't know the usage patterns for other Phoenixes).

As far as BP to RR conversion recipes (and I am certainly a user of those), I find that 2x BP and certainly 3x BP conversions are redundant now. I mean, you can only get 1 BP per week at most. 2x and 3x BP conversions were useful right after the introduction, for people to convert their accumulated stashes of BPs quickly. I don't think we need those anymore. Just do 3x a single BP recipe if need to be, but I find even that is not needed. Perhaps it is still useful for people buying RRs with diamonds, that would be a valid use case.