• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Phoenix eggs

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They did not use the background with the giant crashed eggs for the city this year. But the little essence eggs show up in spots around the edge of the city screen, so you have to scroll around to find them and pick them up.

shimmerfly

No they should not disappear but they are limited to the number per day dropped, I presume. I've never counted them.
As enevhar said they are plopped down on the outskirts of your city so mke sure to scroll all the way.

Gladiola

It might help to zoom out. You have to go all the way to the edge of the city map to find them, so for people without too many expansions this means covering a lot of empty space. Sometimes I wish I had an arrow pointing the way back to my city the way they do on the world map (I know it's in the top right corner, but sometimes I get lost on the way or overshoot a little.)

Aritra

It might help to zoom out. You have to go all the way to the edge of the city map to find them, so for people without too many expansions this means covering a lot of empty space. Sometimes I wish I had an arrow pointing the way back to my city the way they do on the world map (I know it's in the top right corner, but sometimes I get lost on the way or overshoot a little.)
@cookiehoch
In my opinion, zooming out might make them more difficult to see because of their small size. I just take my view as far to one side as possible, then follow it around, always staying as far as it will go. I "check the perimeter" semi frequently so they don't pile up and stop coming. Depending on your zoom level, you may want to do a second sweep of city edge (rather than screen edge). They fall somewhere in that zone (city edge to view edge). This means they won't be in any wide open space in the middle, the area that is technically the city even if you haven't used those expansions yet. Also, watch carefully around the interfaces, especially the top bar. Easy to miss there, but accessible.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol
The first Phoenix event a few of us teased the CM about how terrified our citizens were, that they were going to be smashed to oblivion. Of course the craters were a LOT bigger then.
Thanks @cookiehoch, I'd forgotten that. :)

Sprite1313

Also if you stay logged in for too long sometimes the eggs don't drop until you either log out and back in again, or reload the page by visiting a neighbor or opening your tech tree.
I have found that happening more to me in this event than in previous events (at least it feels that way; I haven’t done any scientific analysis to validate my perception ;)that)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Also if you stay logged in for too long sometimes the eggs don't drop until you either log out and back in again, or reload the page by visiting a neighbor or opening your tech tree.

I have never seen that happen, but sometimes it really feels like I can force a new spawn in less than the hour it is supposed to take by going in and out of the city several times.

But to the original point, there will never be more than six spots to collect at one time and the countdown timer keeps going too, even after you have six. What happens is at the 7th hour, one spot will disappear and another will appear to replace it. I have been in the game collecting them and right before I click on a spot, the message about one dropping will pop on the screen, the spot I was about to collect with vanish right in front of me and somewhere else in the city another spot forms to replace it. It is so weird to watch that happen and I can see someone witnessing that being confused and thinking they lost that one.

But because there can never be more than six at a time, I always just estimate that I collect 20 per day and not 24, to account for the ones lost while sleeping or working or just not being able to log in for more than six hours at a time.

AtaguS

I have never seen that happen, but sometimes it really feels like I can force a new spawn in less than the hour it is supposed to take by going in and out of the city several times
I work from home and keep Elvenar on its own monitor so rarely log out. Three hours might pass while I'm logged in but no new eggs have dropped (or whatever the event resource is) until I reload the page. Then 3 eggs magically appear. I'm not getting extra eggs... just needing to refresh the page to get the ones that drop (roughly) hourly. Maybe a bug? But it doesn't bother me.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@cookiehoch
Here's what the sky essence looks like:
1616870076231.png

Here's an old picture for browser showing the places where the sky essence (or any other event currency) appear. The artwork in the area surrounding a city has changed slightly over the years, but the locations have remained the same. While it will also look slightly different on the mobile app, this should serve as a visual aid to help you begin to find them there as well.
1616869811772.png

ekarat

Unless this has changed recently, one trick I've used is the the drops are moved around when you relogin.

I've had trouble getting at the one at the top of the map, since that's cut off by the overhead bar, so that was when I tried that trick.