• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Phoenix set placement

kctanzen

I have fiddled around with this on elvenarchitect for several hours now and can't seem to figure out how to make it work right.

I'm exploring all my options about possibilities to offset the upcoming nerf bat that is soon to be swung...

I have one lighthouse, one pavilion, one cult plaza, and one worship building.

How do I arrange them to get the most bonus?
After I know that, I'll be able to play around more with city layout to figure out if I think it worth the hassle to rearrange things there.

Thanks for the help and ideas.

kctanzen

Bump .. any suggestions about layout to maximize the bonus would be helpful, just exploring all my options before making irreversible decisions, like putting them down ineffectively :)
I was particularly leaning toward removing the pond of recreation and absorbing most of the culture hit, since a good chunk of culture would be replaced by the set buildings.
I will have one more expansion plot in a couple of days, slowly picking off encounters on the world map.

City link as of 4 days ago..
www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/a7d913ad96454033a8899338847d67af/

Much appreciated!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Bump .. any suggestions about layout to maximize the bonus would be helpful, just exploring all my options before making irreversible decisions, like putting them down ineffectively
Putting them down ineffectively isn't irreversible. They can be moved at any time, it just resets the time. If you move them immediately after collecting them, you don't lose more than a minute or two.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
any suggestions about layout to maximize the bonus would be helpful,
It really depends on the bonus you prefer to maximize. You can arrange them where the Worship gets 3 bonuses, so you get Tier 2 goods, or you can arrange them where the Pavillion gets 3 bonuses so you get more supplies. I see a couple ways where 2 buildings would get 3 bonuses, but the arrangement depends on which bonuses you want. Just remember, the expected nerf is hitting pop and culture. None of these buildings produce pop, and their culture remains the same regardless of bonus(es). So, you need to pick between T1 goods, T2 goods, coins or supplies and go from there.

kctanzen

Right, placing the set buildings is not an irreversible action on their own, they can always be moved (assumption being there is space to place and space to move around).
Deleting other buildings to create that space could likely be a permanent change, if the removed items are unique event buildings.

All I am asking is a little help for how to put those 4 set buildings together to maximize the bonus.
I have spent several hours juggling it around in the architect tool and can't figure it out.
Fitting into my existing city isn't my initial puzzle.

After I know how to set it up, then I can make better choices about what I want to do in my city layout as it exists now to place the set, if that is the direction I want to go.

Thanks!

kctanzen

Ahh -- thanks Sami!
I hadn't thought to approach it from that angle.

I'll fiddle with that, using the bonuses I want most and see what I come up with.
Becomes much more like a calculus problem than geometry / algebra equation with the extra variables :)

kctanzen

After getting the expansion plot, I was able to move my pond of recreation and still have the space to put in the set buildings, at least temporarily.
I set it up to get 4 bonuses for the phoenix worship and the pavilion - those seem to be the most benefit to me.
They are only going to be up / functional through the Orcs chapter anyway since they produce zero mana :)

Thanks for the insights.