• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Planning city- questions

DeletedUser9131

So, planning on my city on the city planner, and I'm curious if anyone could give me a rough amount of each building i'd need, like residence, workshop, etc.

I'm trying to get a rough idea what I'll need and what maxed players have for every amount of buildings.

DeletedUser3640

Depends on multiple factors. Size of your city, chapter you're in, race and boosted goods, and, obviously, amount of money you're willing to spend.

Roughly (as rough as it gets, lol): aim for ~40 residences,~10 workshops, ~5 tier 1, ~3 tier 2 and ~3 tier 3 manufactories. Culture wise aim for 125% bonus, if you're just starting - 150% (because it's easy).

Build additional manufactories if you have excess pop and culture.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Like @Reiq said, there are a lot of factors, but as a loose guideline I always recommend new players to aim for:
5 T1 (unless they are small like marble or elven planks, then 8)
3 T2
2 T3 (you really don't need a lot of T3 the first 4 chapters)
8 Workshops, 10 if you fight
as many residences as you need to support the above.

Thistleknot

Early on I did three of each manufactory and about 8 workshops. Plus 4 armories for the war machine. Now I have 10 workshops have 4/5/5 manufactories. Still at 4 armories.

Basically figure out what you want and build your residencies accordingly.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Don't be too bothered with number of residences as they just fill in the gaps to enable your strategy. Set your strategy based on factories and armories, workshops will be a function of this but are also key.

Always be careful working on a set number of factories as they vary between race and good type. Production per square is basically equal so better to work on that.

40 squares for each tier is a good minimum, with 2 armories, 8 workshops suits this. Interestingly the number of squares does not need to change as you progress. As such you can often have less factories in chapter 11 than say 3 or 1.

Your tournament play and style of approach to provinces will impact this. The numbers above are for a free-to play town, so buying diamonds would give you more space to do more with. There is a thread called "how much factory space do you have?" it has a lot of different approaches from different players that will help with some of these questions. It doesn't discuss armories though.

Edit: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-much-factory-space-do-you-have.5288/

Last edited:

DeletedUser7370

Play style is really the biggest determinant factor.

When I was in earlier chapters I had many factories, 6 workshops, 16 residences, and 2 armories. Currently I have 8 workshops, 1 factory for each tier of goods, 21 residences, and 4 armories. As I develop further I expect I will add more residences, probably not need more workshops, may have to add another factory in certain tiers, and might add 1 or 2 armories.

The reason I have so many workshops compared to a low factory count is that my military chews through provinces regularly and replenishment eats up fair number of supplies. I only used goods for negotiating during chapters 2 and 3, which is a period when fighting is extremely difficult, and have developed sizable stockpiles. Early in the game I traded at a profit and had a number of advanced players that were willing to take such trades; I have since returned the favor by posting many trades that are at a loss for me. The stockpile and minimal usage of goods is what allows me to have so few factories.

The lower number of factories allows me to dedicate more citizens to the armories and higher level barracks. My barracks is at the maximum level I can get and I have an ancient wonder to make it produce even faster, and it just manages to keep up with my desire to have troops. Most people opt to have the barracks at a lower level and only 2 armories. They then devote more space to factories as they need the goods to do negotiating.